Looking For A Really Cheap Apartment In Pattaya

I already rent a cheap room in Pattaya for 3,000/month. I'm looking for something in the 2k range though. Yeah, I know that's mind blowing cheap but I'm looking to push the limits. I've got to do something to protect me against these crappy exchange rates. My current room is in a central location so all I do is walk. Transport is 0 baht. I'd like something in a walkable location ideally.

Have you considered a tent on the beach? Perhaps you really shouldn't be here? Go the the CM forum and there is a similar character looking for free internet with cheapest coffee. Methinks they will crackdown on this some day as pushing the envelope too far.

• Like 1

Ask some of the Thai's working in the shops.. I'm sure you could find some where....BUT i would suggest making savings else where.. Thai style places are generally hot, noisy and not well placed..

Good luck.

ps.. really work out what you want.. aircon, hot shower etc. If not included and you want. you will have to fit yourself.. with all the hassle and expense involved.

Troll alert !!!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/587923-im-bored-so/?p=5710749

I have more free time and more money than I did when I was working my ass off at a job. Now I'm 31, living in Thailand, and after a few clicks of my mouse all my bills are paid for the month. It's so easy it makes a mockery of all the work I used to do in my previous jobs. I'm practically retired.

Some advice... stop thinking that work is going to change your life or make your life easier. Work is very overrated.

Have you considered a tent on the beach? Perhaps you really shouldn't be here? Go the the CM forum and there is a similar character looking for free internet with cheapest coffee. Methinks they will crackdown on this some day as pushing the envelope too far.

2k is actually NORMAL here for Thais. Now if I had said I wanted 4 farang guys to share a 2k a month room you'd be right. But I didn't.

And I actually spend less than 10% of my budget on rent so it's not like I'm on the ropes here financially.

who will crackdown on what?

Thai visa will crackdown on people asking for help to find the cheapest apartment, internet, coffee, beer?

Why? Is it harming anyone?

• Like 2

I already rent a cheap room in Pattaya for 3,000/month. I'm looking for something in the 2k range though. Yeah, I know that's mind blowing cheap but I'm looking to push the limits. I've got to do something to protect me against these crappy exchange rates. My current room is in a central location so all I do is walk. Transport is 0 baht. I'd like something in a walkable location ideally.

Seriously, mate . . . just book a flight home. You're not equipped for life here if a couple of baht off the exchange rate means that a THB3,000 per month rental is kicking your arse.

Don't push the envelope - move into it !!

See post 6.

I can understand some one wanting to downsize. Even if you have money you do not have to use it. If the Op can find something. Good for him.

Personally I had a Thai style room before. 1400b per month including water and electric. Would I have the same again ... ummm possibly. But very difficult to find. Will probably get a house for 2500-3000b per month instead.

Seriously, mate . . . just book a flight home. You're not equipped for life here if a couple of baht off the exchange rate means that a THB3,000 per month rental is kicking your arse.

See post 6.

I can understand some one wanting to downsize. Even if you have money you do not have to use it. If the Op can find something. Good for him.

Personally I had a Thai style room before. 1400b per month including water and electric. Would I have the same again ... ummm possibly. But very difficult to find. Will probably get a house for 2500-3000b per month instead.

I've nothing against downsizing but when someone is prepared to uproot his/her living arrangements in a bid to save THB1,000 a month, it's fair to surmise they're better off heading home.

See post 6.

I've nothing against downsizing but when someone is prepared to uproot his/her living arrangements in a bid to save THB1,000 a month, it's fair to surmise they're better off heading home.

so you have something about downsizing if you are telling someone who is downsizing to go home.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

lowest i have seen is 2.500, was tiny as <deleted> and the toilet wasn't even in a separate room. it basically just had a dividing wall that didn't even go to the ceiling. the building looked like something out of a horror movie inside. no paint on the walls and very rundown.

2 girls lived in the room and shared the same bed. a bed is basically the only thing they could fit in the room (it was that small).

they were bargirls though so most nights they don't sleep there, or atleast not always both.

I actually took some pictures of it.

place was on a soi off second road from memory. in between 2nd and baokaw.

Edited by Metapod

• 2 weeks later...

I know off a few room on the darkside that are renting from memory at Bt.1800 per month. literally 4 walls with a bed and a desk fan though.

Want me to find out the actual location and a contact number ?

yes please lol my number is 084.320.1498

Going from soi bongkot or soi kopai, towards 3rd rd, on the left hand just after a swedish resturant,

there is some looms in your price range.

You didnt plan this well so i hope this can save you enough for a ticket back,

before cost increase destroy that chance too.

Going from soi bongkot or soi kopai, towards 3rd rd, on the left hand just after a swedish resturant,

there is some ...] please give the name of the reswedish staurant so I can google map it. this is my first tim e in Thailand and i only know phukt and just a bit

2k is actually NORMAL here for Thais. Now if I had said I wanted 4 farang guys to share a 2k a month room you'd be right. But I didn't.

And I actually spend less than 10% of my budget on rent so it's not like I'm on the ropes here financially.

At the end of the day you need a shower, a bed, and security commensurate with the belongings you have in the room. That's it.

Why waste money on flash digs when there are much more satisfying expenditure choices.

I think the name was Flaggan, recognizable by this sign,

i think the conditions will be pretty unbearable unless you come from some shack in Isaan,

pretty neighbors tho

post-136786-0-56957600-1367038561_thumb.

Edited by poanoi

Some money in the bank for medical emergencies and a ticket home

should be your primary considerations.

After that, what ever floats your boat. :D

I wonder how you manage on the visa side?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Anybody know an apartment what i can rent about 3500-4500 Baht / Month. (Central Pattaya). I dont need a aircon. Only a simple small room with a small balcony.

Best Regards,

Herberth

Herbie-take a walk along the soi,s and see what,s suitable-there are many in various price ranges thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thank you but i hope some members have phone numbers or email from these cheap apartments. Difficult to find something on the net.

OK book a cheap hotel for 3/4 nights-then do the legwork whistling.gif

• Like 1