BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
meatballs

Looking For A Really Cheap Apartment In Pattaya

I already rent a cheap room in Pattaya for 3,000/month. I'm looking for something in the 2k range though. Yeah, I know that's mind blowing cheap but I'm looking to push the limits. I've got to do something to protect me against these crappy exchange rates. My current room is in a central location so all I do is walk. Transport is 0 baht. I'd like something in a walkable location ideally.

Have you considered a tent on the beach? Perhaps you really shouldn't be here? Go the the CM forum and there is a similar character looking for free internet with cheapest coffee. Methinks they will crackdown on this some day as pushing the envelope too far.

• Like 1

Ask some of the Thai's working in the shops.. I'm sure you could find some where....BUT i would suggest making savings else where.. Thai style places are generally hot, noisy and not well placed..

Good luck.

ps.. really work out what you want.. aircon, hot shower etc. If not included and you want. you will have to fit yourself.. with all the hassle and expense involved.

Troll alert !!!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/587923-im-bored-so/?p=5710749

I have more free time and more money than I did when I was working my ass off at a job. Now I'm 31, living in Thailand, and after a few clicks of my mouse all my bills are paid for the month. It's so easy it makes a mockery of all the work I used to do in my previous jobs. I'm practically retired.

Some advice... stop thinking that work is going to change your life or make your life easier. Work is very overrated.

Ask a bargirl, her and friends might need another roomate.

Have you considered a tent on the beach? Perhaps you really shouldn't be here? Go the the CM forum and there is a similar character looking for free internet with cheapest coffee. Methinks they will crackdown on this some day as pushing the envelope too far.

2k is actually NORMAL here for Thais. Now if I had said I wanted 4 farang guys to share a 2k a month room you'd be right. But I didn't.

And I actually spend less than 10% of my budget on rent so it's not like I'm on the ropes here financially.

Ask a bargirl, her and friends might need another roomate.

If thats the case I,m willing also whistling.gif

who will crackdown on what?

Thai visa will crackdown on people asking for help to find the cheapest apartment, internet, coffee, beer?

Why? Is it harming anyone?

• Like 2

I already rent a cheap room in Pattaya for 3,000/month. I'm looking for something in the 2k range though. Yeah, I know that's mind blowing cheap but I'm looking to push the limits. I've got to do something to protect me against these crappy exchange rates. My current room is in a central location so all I do is walk. Transport is 0 baht. I'd like something in a walkable location ideally.

Seriously, mate . . . just book a flight home. You're not equipped for life here if a couple of baht off the exchange rate means that a THB3,000 per month rental is kicking your arse.

Don't push the envelope - move into it !!

See post 6.

I can understand some one wanting to downsize. Even if you have money you do not have to use it. If the Op can find something. Good for him.

Personally I had a Thai style room before. 1400b per month including water and electric. Would I have the same again ... ummm possibly. But very difficult to find. Will probably get a house for 2500-3000b per month instead.

Seriously, mate . . . just book a flight home. You're not equipped for life here if a couple of baht off the exchange rate means that a THB3,000 per month rental is kicking your arse.

See post 6.

I can understand some one wanting to downsize. Even if you have money you do not have to use it. If the Op can find something. Good for him.

Personally I had a Thai style room before. 1400b per month including water and electric. Would I have the same again ... ummm possibly. But very difficult to find. Will probably get a house for 2500-3000b per month instead.

I've nothing against downsizing but when someone is prepared to uproot his/her living arrangements in a bid to save THB1,000 a month, it's fair to surmise they're better off heading home.

1000b.... jeeze that's 2 boxes of Leo or 48 bottles... prioritys

See post 6.

I've nothing against downsizing but when someone is prepared to uproot his/her living arrangements in a bid to save THB1,000 a month, it's fair to surmise they're better off heading home.

so you have something about downsizing if you are telling someone who is downsizing to go home.

• Like 1

I know off a few room on the darkside that are renting from memory at Bt.1800 per month. literally 4 walls with a bed and a desk fan though.

Want me to find out the actual location and a contact number ?