Korat Expats Meet Up

dereklev

Want type of meet up do you want?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At the request of a VERY Cheeky Farang I have set up this poll. :D .

Hopefully it covers most options.

Let's see where it takes us..... :o:D

PS - I was going to edit the blink out of the Korat Park option but it seems you can't edit poll options :D

Perhaps a kindly Mod can do it for me...... :D

Suggest meet at Korat Hotel, Korat. They have a large Restaurant thats empty most of the day. Need to check and book though. Expect some will be hungry and its a banker if the weather was unkind. Its central and a tuk tuk from the bus station.(everywheres a tuk tuk from the Korat Bus station).

Pasinee Restaurant has good food, good atmosphere and as easy to get to as Korat Hotel. Also has aircon room upstairs if needed and Hi Speed Internet access. Never been to Korat Hotel, so don't know, but "sounds cold". If we're just looking for a meetup then Pasinee sounds better. A trip to Mr. Lampshade's FC sounds good also, especially if you want to involve "family". However, for me I would motorcycle over and then join the group.

PS: Mr. Lampy, I "need" to make a trip over your way whether it is "official" or not. Really want to make a motorcycle ride. Maybe sometime May. I seem to be "busy" right now.

Pasinee Restaurant has good food, good atmosphere and as easy to get to as Korat Hotel. Also has aircon room upstairs if needed and Hi Speed Internet access. Never been to Korat Hotel, so don't know, but "sounds cold". If we're just looking for a meetup then Pasinee sounds better. A trip to Mr. Lampshade's FC sounds good also, especially if you want to involve "family". However, for me I would motorcycle over and then join the group.

PS: Mr. Lampy, I "need" to make a trip over your way whether it is "official" or not. Really want to make a motorcycle ride. Maybe sometime May. I seem to be "busy" right now.

Jeez Ken.....................................you lost a car. What bloody chance does a mocy have :o

Jeez Ken.....................................you lost a car. What bloody chance does a mocy have :o

:D Yea Mr. Lampy, but I figure if I lose the motorcycle it's a lot easier and cheaper to replace than the truck and the wifey won't be as upset. :D Have to admit the last time I motorcycled to Pattaya I "miss-placed" the motorcycle but only "lost" the helmet (well somebody "nicked" the helmet). :D

I voted for a trip to Surin.................................................don't know why though. :o

I vote to meet in Osaka, it has a secure area for ken to park his bike and one of the girls could look after his helmet.

Howdy,

Ken/Lat Bower here. We'd like to attend if only to hook up/meet with all y'all who like us chose to live in Thailand. We will be there "God willing" and have chosen the Korat Park. Since I've not been in Korat since 1972, I don't know any of the bars, hotels or other locations there.

We'll be coming in by bus and will have to "find" transportation to a hotel and to the "meet up" location. I'd have to say that unless it is decided for a Surin bus trip, we'll be there fo' sure.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Ken/Lat Bower

Chiayaphum Thailand via San Antonio Texas and Yuma AZ

I voted for a trip to Surin.................................................don't know why though. :D

I vote to meet in Osaka, it has a secure area for ken to park his bike and one of the girls could look after his helmet.

:D Osaka sounds good to me. Considering it is almost across the street from Pasinee, I think I'll just leave the motorcycle and helmet at the Pasinee and walk on over. :D See you there????? :o

I voted for a trip to Surin.................................................don't know why though. :D

:D Osaka sounds good to me. Considering it is almost across the street from Pasinee, I think I'll just leave the motorcycle and helmet at the Pasinee and walk on over. :D See you there????? :o

The 1st unofficial and unsponsored meeting of the Korat Expats Club took place, by chance, at Pasinee's yesterday afternoon.... :D

There was no agenda and no minutes were taken..... :D

Ken was voted Chaiperson and mpdkorat Social Secretary....... :D

Osaka was nominated as the clubhouse...... :D

Thanks to those who attended...... :D

The 1st unofficial and unsponsored meeting of the Korat Expats Club took place, by chance, at Pasinee's yesterday afternoon.... :D

There was no agenda and no minutes were taken..... :o

Ken was voted Chaiperson and mpdkorat Social Secretary....... :D

Osaka was nominated as the clubhouse...... :D

Thanks to those who attended...... :D

:D

Geeesh. Was I there during the vote? :D

:D I think I remember it was a really fun time and here's to the next meeting. :D

:D :D

Lucky win for your boys yesterday Lamshade! :o !

I reckon it should be held at your Kaff, Lampman...and you shout us all one of those Big Breakfasts..Man, it was good the other day!!! :D

• 1 month later...

I thought as Korat Correct is arranging a meet up I would resurrect this thread.

Anyone interested in getting together on 1st June midday at Pasinee's is of course welcome :D

Hopefully there will be many attendees to help KC form a steering committee for the formation of the Korat Expats Club.

Lets see what happens on the 1st....... :o:D

What a captial idea!

Jeeesh, do people still talk like that? I sound like Jimmy Stewart in ,"Mr Smith goes to Washington".

1st June tricky for me as I will be more than likely working. but if its an "extended" meet then I'll see you all there later on.

Looking forward to it!

And now I know where the much mentioned Pasinee and Osaka are, I'll not even get lost!

Cheers!

Loz

Ken if you do meet at the Osaka and wifey sees you’re bike in the car park I think it will be the village ducks that get to look after you’re helmet.

Ken if you do meet at the Osaka and wifey sees you’re bike in the car park I think it will be the village ducks that get to look after you’re helmet.

Probably not the only one who would need to protect his helmet from the ducks! :D:D !