Penis Erected Against ‘Widow Ghost’

Lite Beer

Penis erected against ‘widow ghost’
Phuket Gazette

Visitors to Nong Yai in Rayong, on Thailand's Eastern Seaboard, might wonder why residents have set up a shrine featuring a large wooden penis in the middle of their village.

The answer? A so-called “widow ghost”, which the women of Nong Yai believe has been mysteriously killing married men in their village for 20 years.

The spirit has killed so many local men that Nong Yai has earned the nickname “The Widow Village,” villagers told the Daily News.

The monumental penis is thus an offering to the malevolent spirit.

Each year the women perform a ceremony, sprinkling holy water on the item, which is about 60 centimeters long with a red shaft and a golden head.

Nattacha Butchali, 47, insisted the story was true and not just a case of “naive villagers” believing strange tales.

Mrs Nattacha said that for at least 20 years men had been mysteriously dying in the middle of the night.

Some families had even fled the village, lest the same fate befall the men of their households.

Mrs Nattacha said villagers had gone to fortune tellers and spirit mediums to ask them what was going on in the village.

They had all received the same answer: the ghost of a widow was haunting the village.

The spirit apparently makes men feel weak and exhausted.

The night before they die, they dream they are having sex with a beautiful woman. In fact, the woman is the widow spirit, and the ghost takes their souls.

When their wives wake up, they find their husbands are dead, the villagers explained.

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-03-24

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The night before they die, they dream they are having sex with a beautiful woman. In fact, the woman is the widow spirit, and the ghost takes their souls.

When their wives wake up, they find their husbands are dead, the villagers explained

And they know this because ??

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 2

When their wives wake up, they find their husbands are dead, the villagers explained

And they know this because ??

.......he NEVER smiles

• Like 1

If you want to see a bunch of phalluses head for the Nai Lert Park hotel (Wireless Road) and visit their Mae Tup Tim shrine.

Please, oh please ... does some have a photo?

I don't often get down to Phuket ... but this I'd love to see ...

Phuket?

Rayong is about 50 km past Pattaya when coming from Bkk.

Clearly something 60cm big would be too small to see from that distance, particularly as there is a bit of a mountain range in the way. I would also think that Ranong might also be too far to see from Phuket also.

This story is entirely believable....

I once knew a woman that has tried to take my soul...

The only difference was that the theft was carried out by her lawyer...

Too late now, otherwise you could've given the lawyer a wooden penis. :(

And what has this got to do with Phuket?

Nothing. So he wrote Phuket when he really meant Pattaya which is only 80 K away.

He is 3/4 Aus and 1/4 Thai so maybe he's upside down at the moment and all confused.

• Like 1

Nothing. So he wrote Phuket when he really meant Pattaya which is only 80 K away.

He is 3/4 Aus and 1/4 Thai so maybe he's upside down at the moment and all confused.

Forget about that, please. Why the discussion, gents?

Let me show you how to discuss:wink.png

60 cms.......I assume that's flaccid whistling.gif

What precisely does this ceremony involve again?

I remember young girls dancing merrily around the object whilst splashing and rincing water over it..

Forget about that, please. Why the discussion, gents?

Let me show you how to discuss:

60 cms.......I assume that's flaccid

What precisely does this ceremony involve again?

I remember young girls dancing merrily around the object whilst splashing and rincing water over it..

I guess they didn't dance a lot to get a rise. :)

• Like 2