BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Marcorue1

You're Fired (Part Two)

My thoughts are op is not a nice person. He has not been here long enough to understand thais and thai culture.

Money is not the only thing in life, To hell with the school, i am going for more money, what about job satisfaction caring about the children.

Ithink op is selfish , arrogant thinks only me me me.

In time you will learn to understand thai people i hope you learn before it is to late.

I think you are wrong regarding YOUR points. coffee1.gif

I find that I have much greater job satisfaction if I have enough money to live comfortably. I find that I care a lot more about the children when I have enough to eat, as well.

I also find I work better and more effectively when I am not worried about getting fired.

• Like 2

This is my first year in the country and I am disappointed with the way the school has acted as they gave me no warning or showed me no compassion in there actions.

Get used to it.

• Like 1

My thoughts are op is not a nice person. He has not been here long enough to understand thais and thai culture.

Money is not the only thing in life, To hell with the school, i am going for more money, what about job satisfaction caring about the children.

Ithink op is selfish , arrogant thinks only me me me.

In time you will learn to understand thai people i hope you learn before it is to late.

Colinneil.. You seem to have an opinion about this.. Can i ask a question.. Your 10,000b a month salary is that your only income?

If not. You don't mind telling us what it is.. just a rough round figure of your monthly income (pensions etc).. Thanks.

Edited by thaicbr

thaicbr .to answer your question ,no the 10.000 baht was not my only income. i worked for many years with my own company in the uk, so being prudent for years with my money i have a reasonable amount in the bank , not yet elligible for a pension

Isawasnake, no don't get used to it, change it. My first year here in Thailand has shown me one thing. Too many foreigners except been treated with no respect.

Don't except it, you wouldn't except it in your home country so why except it here.?

We are looking for a teacher to start May 1st. Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks.

• Like 1

thaicbr .to answer your question ,no the 10.000 baht was not my only income. i worked for many years with my own company in the uk, so being prudent for years with my money i have a reasonable amount in the bank , not yet elligible for a pension

Where as many Foreign English Teachers work for as little as 25k b a month.. Most would top out at about 40-45 at a normal school.

They may not have the luxury of "reasonable savings" so have to find a job that pays well enough AND is secure.. Something that is quite difficult here in Thailand as a teacher. It can take a few hard years to find a teaching job were you at least have some measure of security. Please don't forget that most if not all teaching jobs are 1 year contracts or less. some are as low as 9 months paid and the remaining 3 months statutory holidays unpaid (they may also be hourly paid so Bhudda holidays unpaid as well). Have you ever tried living on 18750b per month... I have ..didn't like it.

Thankfully after a few years at bad agencies and schools i have been at the same school for 6 years on a decent deal.

Regards Allan

• Like 2

Ok, that's great; no one's begrudging you your wealth. But do people a favor and stay off your soapbox. Some teachers have no choice but to make salary a priority when considering whether to stay put or to seek a new post. And in the OP's case, after factoring the hostile work environment, it's a no-brainer.

Isawasnake, no don't get used to it, change it. My first year here in Thailand has shown me one thing. Too many foreigners except been treated with no respect.

Don't except it, you wouldn't except it in your home country so why except it here.?

Some schools just don't expect that foreigners accept unexpected exceptions....w00t.gif

• Like 1

One of my private students works for the Labour dept.. So i asked her what are the rules..

any contract has 180 day probation, from 180days to 12 mths its 30 days paid notice (does not matter what is in the contract)

She also stated that the Labour office consider back to back 12th contracts to be same as continuous work. I have 6 years in at my school.. so they would have to pay me 8 mths severance pay...cool ( i forgot to ask her how its worked out)

Edited by thaicbr

One of my private students works for the Labour dept.. So i asked her what are the rules..

any contract has 180 day probation, from 180days to 12 mths its 30 days paid notice (does not matter what is in the contract)

She also stated that the Labour office consider back to back 12th contracts to be same as continuous work. I have 6 years in at my school.. so they would have to pay me 8 mths severance pay...cool ( i forgot to ask her how its worked out)

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but if you work for a private school then that may not be the case, under the Private School Act. There are other threads that discuss this, but forewarned is forearmed.

• Like 1

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but if you work for a private school then that may not be the case, under the Private School Act. There are other threads that discuss this, but forewarned is forearmed.

I will ask.. But she does know where i work full time.

My school is a private catholic school under the MOE. Not sure if that's private in the sense of the School act.