Big Size Clothes In Chiang Mai

BuffaloRescue

Export 71 on Huawy Kaew Rd on the left 50m before the Canal Rd intersection.

They have doubled their prices from a few years ago, but sometimes they have good quality clothes in very big sizes. IMO, some of the other places have mostly garbage.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Groundfloor Airportplaza near foodcourt and Bangkok Bank.

• 6 months later...

I was last week at this Export 71 store on Huay Kaew Rd and was very disappointed. I had expected more. I have normal "Farang" body measures (180cm, 85kg) and have not found a single trouser in my size. There would not even fit my arm in one of these trousers. A total waste of time. I will check now the stores at airport plaza and hope to find something there.

I was last week at this Export 71 store on Huay Kaew Rd and was very disappointed. I had expected more. I have normal "Farang" body measures (180cm, 85kg) and have not found a single trouser in my size. There would not even fit my arm in one of these trousers. A total waste of time. I will check now the stores at airport plaza and hope to find something there.

If you are normal size why do you look on a thread for Big size clothing?

Perhaps start a thread for what you really want. 6 foot(185cm) tall man 85 kilos seeks clothing shop.

edit

%#$@*^%spelling

Edited by hellodolly

If you are normal size why do you look on a thread for Big size clothing?

Perhaps start a thread for what you really want. 6 foot(185cm) tall man 85 kilos seeks clothing shop.

edit

%#$@*^%spelling

Bcuz us normal L size frangs aint normal here, we B LLL .

• Like 1

Maybe I'm reading this wrongly, but how could you have a 40 in waist, yet need 3xl-4xl clothing? 40 in is a very trim waist size, unless you're short in height?

Many of us large size guys have trouble finding clothes that fit. Clothes that are marked 2xl are less than what xl was in US, if that.

Best deal I've found has been the sales that pop up on the floors at KSK and sometimes Pantip. Seems to be run by the outfit that calls itself "Export". 511 Brand cargo pants, high quality and inexpensive. Shirts of any kind are hard to find in quality and appropriate size. I've had to order from the US to get something I know will fit.

I am exactly the same height and weight as you and have absolutely no problem getting trousers, jeans and shorts from the export shops dotted around the place......they even fit down under. wink.png Not the greatest quality but not overly expensive either, so they can be replaced as needed. I suppose it all depends on your waist size, mine is 36", but I have seen 38-44" with various inside leg sizes, which can be altered cheaply.

Edit: sorry not same size, I'm 185cm.......probably 6' even due to age.

Edited by uptheos

Maybe I'm reading this wrongly, but how could you have a 40 in waist, yet need 3xl-4xl clothing? 40 in is a very trim waist size, unless you're short in height?

Many of us large size guys have trouble finding clothes that fit. Clothes that are marked 2xl are less than what xl was in US, if that.

Best deal I've found has been the sales that pop up on the floors at KSK and sometimes Pantip. Seems to be run by the outfit that calls itself "Export". 511 Brand cargo pants, high quality and inexpensive. Shirts of any kind are hard to find in quality and appropriate size. I've had to order from the US to get something I know will fit.

"40 inches is a very trim waist size"???

• Like 2

"Trim" is a relative concept, of course. If you are over 6 ft in height, the expected waist size would be in the range of 36 - 42, and still be HWP (height/weight proportional). I'm thinking older, outta shape farang, weight 190 - 250 lb.

At the upper end of the range, 3x - 4x sizes would be called for, to be sure, especially as these sizes are expressed in Thailand.

• 10 months later...

Anyone knows where Export 71 has moved to, if anywhere? I saw the whole building completely stripped a few weeks ago. (and they have decent clothes for smaller sizes as well, it's not simply the big size aspect that I'm looking for or need advice on.) Thank you!

Anyone knows where Export 71 has moved to, if anywhere? I saw the whole building completely stripped a few weeks ago. (and they have decent clothes for smaller sizes as well, it's not simply the big size aspect that I'm looking for or need advice on.) Thank you!

they have other branches around town so maybe ask around. the ones that i can think of at the moment are on the Lamphun Road, 1/2 way between C.M. and Lamphun, and one outside of Lampang. not too helpful but i'm sure there are a couple of other branches closer to the city. they are all over Thailand. several in Bangkok. they may have folded that location...

they often have a lobby branch in the big c on the superhighway, east of town. there's usually one up on floor three or four of kad suan kaew mall as well. though i've not been there for a while.

First of all, Trousers are not sold singly, they come in pairs, and secondly, they aren't meant to fit your arm, they're meant to fit your legs. Can you tell us when you where there as I'd really like to see the security camera footage of you trying them on.

"40 inches is a very trim waist size"???

I think he's American (nothing wrong with that). I reckon I'm turning into a fat slob at 36", but then again, I'm British. As they say, everything is relative. Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 1

I'm 6'4" @ 235# ...... my waist is 13-14" smaller than my chest size and I have found clothes here (have to try on cannot go by size label or vendors assurances - apparently to them I look smaller than I actually am).....that said - the best thing I did a few years back was to go to Worowat market & buy some material and have shirts made in the style that I like the best (henley/Thai collar).....they took one shirt of mine and I had 15 different shirts made....they launder easilyand hold just fine and get approving looks and complements with inquiries....I had a few made for day wear and most could be worn at any informal to formal occassion that wouldn't require a "suit" type situation.....

At the size of the OP I can't imagine a problem finding clothes.....as I remember Robinson's had selections of pants/levi type clothes.....I have gotten shorts here no problem.....hardly ever wear long pants but prefer to wear 3/4 length with cargo style pockets with one that zips....that's what I wear 90% of the time even over the "Columbia" type clothes I brought along.....the 3/4's I order from UK.....I have two full closets so "finding" clothes has not been proven to be too difficult.....

Finding material and having clothes tailored here is such an easy option - and you can have exactly what you want style wise.....and size wise.....

Edited by pgrahmm

I've always been able to find 38, 40, 42 inch waist brand name trousers (lengths 30, 32, 34) at ground floor open plan vendors at Tesco and Big C and Pantip Plaza. Dockers, Eddie Bauer, Polo, Gap. I've been told that they're 'factory seconds/rejects' due to minor irregularities.

That's not normal white man, that's obese white man.

At 180cm your weight (whatever skin color) should be in the range 66Kg-76Kg.

• Like 1

That's not normal white man, that's obese white man.

At 180cm your weight (whatever skin color) should be in the range 66Kg-76Kg.

I think he's 180 tall - 85k weight......