Looking For Hotel On White Sands Beach Ko Chang

MrZM

Good topic, I plan to take my Lao fiancée to Koh Chang and looking for a hotel/bungalow 15-25 usd/night, not luxury but romantic place, close to a really nice beach, no backpackers, no Russians. Suggestions welcome.

I have heard that the west side is mass tourism and the east side is quiet.

Edited by rubberduck

Good topic, I plan to take my Lao fiancée to Koh Chang and looking for a hotel/bungalow 15-25 usd/night, not luxury but romantic place, close to a really nice beach, no backpackers, no Russians. Suggestions welcome.

I have heard that the west side is mass tourism and the east side is quiet.

The east side is nice and quiet. Have a look at The Souk.

Kacha Resort for quiet and comfort. More than your budget but worth it.

I think considerably more than his budget

One can afford but one thinks its stupid to pay for one night what I pay for half a month for a 2 bedroom house.

Just looking for a peaceful 6 days escaping songkran with my wife and child.

Don't mind to pay upto 1500 baht. Just looking for somewhere with a pool, preferably on the beach, and close to attactions.

Thanks

Kacha Resort for quiet and comfort. More than your budget but worth it.

I think considerably more than his budget

Depends on which part of the resort. The three parts all have different tariffs. I prefer the original bungalows, which are cheaper than rooms in the other parts.

The East side of the island, facing the mainland, seems to be very uninviting and really deadly quiet. White Sands Beach area isn't swarming like Patters but civ9lised enough to have a few restaurants and shops.

Actually the East side is very pleasant. I enjoy going over onto that side of the island. There are some really nice spots there, and it's peaceful. If you want a bit of life, then Whitesands is the liveliest place.

If the OP is looking for a hotel, on the beach with a pool - then Cookies might be worth trying, and price wise it's not to bad. Alina also in Whitesands may also be ok as well.

I have booked at the Thai Garden Hill Resort. Anybody know it?

It has a swimming pool, air conned rooms restaurant etc.

Located between white sand beach and klong proa beach,

Set back. Roughly about 5 minute walk toe other beach. So I've read

Koh Chang Paradise Resort & Spa if you want to treat yourself, about 10K for a villa with private pool. By international standards I think this is a great deal. Stayed at this palce a few times with family and enjoyed every minute.

No, I haven't looked at trip advisor. What are the reviews like? I am blocked from their website just now as logged on through company server. Last time I was there was about 3 years ago and I had no issues at all.

I have booked at the Thai Garden Hill Resort. Anybody know it?

It has a swimming pool, air conned rooms restaurant etc.

Located between white sand beach and klong proa beach,

Set back. Roughly about 5 minute walk toe other beach. So I've read

It is next to the petrol station in Chai Chet, and opposite the Chai Chet beer bars. It's a bit more than a 5 minute walk to the beach, but it is walkable. The beach between Chai Chet and Kae Bae is good. Chai Chet V.J. Complex is very Russian though. The rooms at Thai Garden aren't bad - loaction maybe could be a bit better in terms of scenery.

Yes. Incorrect. The closest "sand" beach is Coconut and it's about a kilometer south. Rent a scooter

Oh, I forgot...your hotel is next door to 'Koh Chang Entertainment Complex'. Should be good 'n' loud during Songkran biggrin.png

Yes. Incorrect. The closest "sand" beach is Coconut and it's about a kilometer south. Rent a scooter

Oh, I forgot...your hotel is next door to 'Koh Chang Entertainment Complex'. Should be good 'n' loud during Songkran biggrin.png

There is hardly anything in the Entertainment Complex, but there is a stretch of bars on the opposite side of the road. It will probably be the usual nonsens going on there.

Intend to avoid it all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I stayed at the Thai Garden Hill Resort.

It is set back off the road, the rooms were extremely clean, very private. The swimming pool was massive plus a kids pool. The staff were great. The food in the restaurant was good.

The only noise I could here if any, were crickets!

Maybe on a map, everything looks very close, but the koh chang entertainment complex, was at least a 10 minute walk, it was nothing much and very quiet, the 1 bar across the road, closed around 12pm (except for the girls shouting to me when I went to the shop next door) couldn't hear a sound from the bar.

The hotel is located near coconut beach, again it was only a 5 minute walk. White sands beach which I went to, was 5 minutes on a baht bus, some really good restaurants, paddy palms was a key down. Boogie chicken was lovely.

Klong Plu waterfall was again 5 minutes away, wow that was beautiful, what a sight. The water was freezing which was different.

The best part (other than the drive to the pier) was doing four islands in one day, food and drink provided, snorkelling at each island, never seen clearer water and some amazing tropical fish.

All in all the holiday was perfect.

I recommend any one thinking to stay on koh chang to stay In the Thai Garden Hill Resort. 1200baht including breakfast, massive swimming pool, good clean air con rooms and good people.

Thank you for reading

• 2 weeks later...

How big is white sands beach? I've decided to give Phuket and the south a swerve next time and will spend a few weeks on koh chang. I want to stay close to little Pattaya so in terms of being based on white sand beach is anywhere ok or is the beach quite big? Can't seem to find any maps anywhere.

Thanks

Thanks! Do you think 2 weeks on koh chang is too much? The alternative is a week on samui then a week on chang.

Depends what you want to do there!

There are different waterfalls to go, snorkelling around 4 islands is a good day etc

Each beach on the island is different, different bars, restaurants, themes etc.

It's easy to spend 2 weeks there!

Thanks! Do you think 2 weeks on koh chang is too much? The alternative is a week on samui then a week on chang.

Depends what you want to do there!

There are different waterfalls to go, snorkelling around 4 islands is a good day etc

Each beach on the island is different, different bars, restaurants, themes etc.

It's easy to spend 2 weeks there!