Speedboat Plan To Ease Ride To Phuket Airport

Lite Beer

Obviously problems with Introduction ..

Although , Its a wonderful idea and I absolutely love the Concept , plus the innovative thinking ..It could be just the beginning .

You can argue it will never happen , but each Idea is a Positive , and its great to see other means of Transport considered . Is a Really good idea for the Island , and could be expanded with some of the others Options mentioned here .

The best Way to Travel from Krabi to Phuket is via the Ferry , its a great Trip . The more ideas like this the better .

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as they need something , I think 180 mill can be used on better roads , getting rid of the tuk tuks , bring in baht buses, I know iam dreaming.

180 mil doesn't go far when an underpass takes 600 mil and 2 years to complete, while a derelict sign saying welcome to Phuket City costs 10 mil and is not even close to Phuket Town. That 180 mil will get a few Burmese workers, some orange cones, and a nice new fleet of shiny automobiles.

“Traveling by car usually takes about an hour. In rush hour, it takes 90 minutes. But traveling by speedboat would take only 25 minutes, and by tour boat would be only 40 minutes,” he suggested.

I wonder if any of these people have actually asked a mariner how long it would take. The sea route would be almost 20 miles. Boats don't travel at the speed of taxis.

I think a hydrofoil would beat a taxi to Patong easily. No traffic lights, no cars and a straight route.

Yes the "journey time" may be faster but since you they neglect the facts YOU can get the hydrofoil:

FIRST Youd have to hike 700+metres from the terminal to get on the hydrofoil

THEN queue up to change 1000 baht into coins for the ticket machine (lets hope you have baht on you)

THEN then pile 450baht worth of 10 baht coins for 1 ticket (I assume you are alone or x the ticket price by # of people)

THEN wait 45mins for the next boat to arrive

THEN lug your bags onto it

THEN wait 12 more minutes for it to depart

......at this stage **I** just got out of my taxi and my driver is carrying my bags for me as Im abotu to check in to my Patong hotel

THEN you get a "fast" 20mins ride to Patong

THEN at the other end you have to lug bags of fit and down the peir in the searing heat.

THEN you pay a %&^*&*ing tuck tuk 500 bath to take you 750metres (no air con) to your hotel form the pier.

By the time you are in your hotel room I'm eating my dinner and drinking my 2nd beer already.

Seriously, have you really thought this through?

Edited by fire and ice
  • Like 1

..and think of the view. Would be great to see the coastline on the way down instead of slow moving tail lights for a change.

Although this might not be an immediately practical option - it would be quite an interesting change.

..and think of the view. Would be great to see the coastline on the way down instead of slow moving tail lights for a change.

Although this might not be an immediately practical option - it would be quite an interesting change.

Maybe, if you're lucky, the hydrofoil will just keep going and take you to another island so you can bypass Phuket altogether. :) :)

Seriously, this may be something they are considering as many people use Phuket Airport just to transit to the islands.

For 180 million baht road congestion in Phuket could be fixed without need for damaging the marine environment with a diesel belching ferry and deep water piers. Who comes up with these lame plans anyway?

Somehow I think I will be a bit of a smart mouth. Plan, what is a plan? I thought everything here was / is / are, schemes? Or did they find a new word to use, to scam the masses?

Just acouple of issues:

1. What to do about Buses that were supose to have already been bought?

2. What to do about Tuk Tuk and Taxi Drivers... If they were going to protest and blockade buses... What are they going to do on open water? Use missle launchers?

3. Regardless what you do you will have to deal with Mafia and Goverment Officials not getting their cut....wai2.gif

Taxi drivers protesting about Hydrofoil is simple..........Mine fields you fool, obvious ain't it ! coffee1.gif

Let's think out of the box for an while.

There has been couple of new solutions to solve the traffic problems in Phuket. I think this is great. Not because these will happen, but because people are now getting more innovative how to get around the mafias. This might give out an message, that there will be time to really push the tuk-tuk mafia out of it's power.

The change will not happen in next few months or years. The main point is that the seed of antimafia is now slowly growing. That's good news.

Get around the mafias - you mean create a whole new one!