New Yamaha Fino Fi

chris2004

Congts.

We have a Fino 2009, just did the 16K km oil change today, an eye watering 170bathbiggrin.png .

It has been a good scooter, small problem with the starter push bottom, nothing that 50 bath couldn't fix.

It's using too much fuel (33-35 km/l) and now it's hard to get proper gasoline so we use gasohol 95, still good power in the engine but it cost fuel, a pain in the ass with the small fuel tank.

I can understand you want FI, got it on my PCX150 and it do about 41 km/l (city riding) using gasohol 91.

I expect to get a replacement for the Fino (wife's bike) next year but are not sure it's even worth selling, if I am lucky I can maybe get 15K bath for it next year, so still thinking about it.

^ have a 2008, 37,300km.

Never let us down; amazingly (for me anyway) still has original battery. I've used the kickstart once, to see if it worked.

Used Mon-Fri to/from work 26km total; longest single trip 300km .

Apart from tyres, punctures and scheduled maintenance every 3,000km, new drive belt was about 500b, the extent of repairs limited to 2 headlight bulbs, also fitted a better rear shock absorber.

Wife looked at buying a new one recently - dealer offered 10k, she decided it'll keep till next year.

Great little machines, good luck with your new one.

@cyclone,

Impressive that you are still on the original battery, mine packed up last year. Then you really happy you got the kick start, was able to start it despite being not used for more than a month (the bike) because my wife couldn't start it, so I hammered away on the kick for 10min before I got it going (swearing as hell:D). Nice start of the holidays after 2 month overseas work, eh.

I also changed 1 pcs headlight bulb.

It's best to sell it private, okay when your bike is that old and relatively high km's it's not like we are talking about 10's of thousand's of bath but may 5-6 thousand more than the dealer offered you.
I am considering giving mine away to my wife's kid brother when I change scooter next year, he is dirt poor up in SiSaket, he got our old Wave 125 when we bought the Fino and it's pretty hammered now, he crashed it twice.

Edited by guzzi850m2

I have a two year old Mio and after 3 months offshore it started on the button!

Funnily enough I have never been able to kick start it but the guy at Yamaha did it in one kick but it had just stopped so was easy I think.

I love Honda's but always end up with Yamaha's for some reason. This one came my way via a small friend selling it who cherished it like a child and berates me everytime he sees it as it has a speck of dust or dirt on it!

Saying that I thought it was running rough and checked everything after the full service but nothing was amiss? Low and behold a fresh tank of gas solved the problem. Had this before when using gas stations that are low traffic.

Great little workhorse.

guzzi850m2 - cheers

bad typing actually November 2009 (not 08) so have averaged almost 1000km a month

just lucky with the battery; having said that it'll die next week (like the curse of saying 'haven't had a puncture for ages')

Bike goes/gifted to niece next year she's at Burapha Uni somewhere near Chonburi, as you say almost worthless with those kms despite excellent overall condition.

Unsure how long they will run for? Self-destruct at 50,000?

Edited by cycloneJ

guzzi850m2 - cheers

bad typing actually November 2009 (not 08) so have averaged almost 1000km a month

just lucky with the battery; having said that it'll die next week (like the curse of saying 'haven't had a puncture for ages')

Bike goes/gifted to niece next year she's at Burapha Uni somewhere near Chonburi, as you say almost worthless with those kms despite excellent overall condition.

Unsure how long they will run for? Self-destruct at 50,000?

You are riding it a lot compared to most other expats.

We have a truck and I mainly uses the PCX now (Fino too small for me) so only my wife uses ours unless the whole family go on it (have a kids seat in front) so not many km pr year anymore.

The main reason for getting rid of it is the lacking FI now that gasoline is getting fazed out and when you can get it, very expensive.

Good question how many km's they can go before the engine/transmission pack up, I would say 80-100K km before a major overhaul is needed but don't know, it depends of how well it's been taken care of with oil changes and so on.

A major overhaul should be fairly cheap, less than 10k bath I would say.

How many km/l do yours go?

Edited by guzzi850m2

How many km/l do yours go?

I don't pay attention (because I don't pay for the gas!)

Its main user is my wife to/from work, that's 130km for a Mon-Fri week and she does that comfortably on one tank - it's a fairly straight run, open road one intersection with lights and she's no racer! I think about 170km would be about the limit economy-wise.

Drops when two-up of course. Again, I don't pay attention, we did around 180km on the weekend and put 100 in 'somewhere'.

Cheap running.

Jeez, finally. I don't know what Yamaha's thinking but OK they finally added FI to the Fino. Should have done that several years ago. I guess it's a pretty good deal right now at 45k.

Just renting a PCX 150 for the holidays, that's a modern scooter, wow. Love the idle stop, and all around super smooth operation. Perfect performance, and sips tiny amounts of fuel. Now if it didn't look like that... :P

I have a Vespa 150 at home, comparing the two I'd say that the ideal scooter would look like the Vespa with the tech of the PCX.

Jeez, finally. I don't know what Yamaha's thinking but OK they finally added FI to the Fino. Should have done that several years ago. I guess it's a pretty good deal right now at 45k.

Just renting a PCX 150 for the holidays, that's a modern scooter, wow. Love the idle stop, and all around super smooth operation. Perfect performance, and sips tiny amounts of fuel. Now if it didn't look like that... tongue.png

I have a Vespa 150 at home, comparing the two I'd say that the ideal scooter would look like the Vespa with the tech of the PCX.

Yes the Vespa's looks nice (never tried one, none of my friends have one) but you pay top $ for them. They still uses carb?

PCX150 is the Rolls Royce of the Thai scooters, I love the comfort of mine when riding around Pattaya area and often with my wife as passenger and the power is okay for that.

My wife finds the PCX too large for her comfort when she rides it, that's why we choose to keep 2 scooters in the household.

Edited by guzzi850m2