Homestay In Kanchanaburi

Bobcat

I was watching TV the other evening and caught the end of a program about an Australian lady who runs a homestay/guest house in Kanchanaburi. She was married to a Thai man for more than 30 years, who has now passed away. Did anyone see the program (it was on one of the Thai channels, I cannot remember which one)? I would like to visit her guesthouse and wondered if anyone knows of her or has been to her place.

Cheers,

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I saw it. I was wondering myself where she is. I saw her on Australian "Getaway" program a few years ago. Looks like she has lots of Thai friends that visit. She certainly has a big heart and works hard to give poor people work and a place to hang out also. They didn't say where she is.

I will try and find more info.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I saw it. I was wondering myself where she is. I saw her on Australian "Getaway" program a few years ago. Looks like she has lots of Thai friends that visit. She certainly has a big heart and works hard to give poor people work and a place to hang out also. They didn't say where she is.

I will try and find more info.

Check out the following links for a good article (written by the AP bureau chief in BKK) about the homestay.

1. http://www.kgw.com/travel/stories/kgw_0326...e.95b3f25b.html

2. http://www.cp.org/english/online/full/trav...3/u040302A.html

Strangely enough, I met the bureau chief as he was on his way up to visit this place (we bumped into each other at a fantastic viewpoint halfway up the mountain road... I was on my way down after overnighting in a treehouse at Tong Pha Phum National Park.) He had great things to say about this homestay, and it's on my list of places I must visit before I leave Thailand.

An e-mail is provided at the end of the article, but I don't know if it's still valid. If anyone here manages to get a phone number (or updated e-mail address), please post it here as I'd love to get more information (so I can plan a trip there this rainy season to check out the waterfalls.)

• 2 months later...