Fish Caught In Thailand Pics Wanted - Please!

JimShortz

Thank you everyone for the photos - they are very much appreciated. I will be adding more of them to my (non-commercial) Chiang Mai fishing site as time goes on.

As of today, however, I am officially photo rich!

The people who own the Teak Tree fishing lake in Chiang Mai have kindly given me permission to use any of the photos from their massive gallery. If you want to see some great photos of what is available to all of us lucky folk up here in Chiang Mai take a look at their gallery: http://teaktreefishingchiangmai.com/gallery/

Great fish but the cost for fishing is very expensive!!
  Edited by JimShortz

If a mod can delete the above post, I would much appreciate it. Somehow my message didn't get posted properly - it has vanished into the ether again...

What I had tried to say is that I have fished this place (Teak tree Lake) a couple of times and I like it A LOT. It isn't cheap, or I would fish it more, but when you see how much it costs to feed the giant predators with bait fish the price starts to make sense...

For world class fishing the prices are actually pretty good - but still a lot for us guys that live and work here to stump up from our meagre salaries/pensions! If you can afford a day or two there I thoroughly recommend it. The bungalows are also a nice place for the mrs to hang out for a couple of days while you fish...

Hello everyone , I'm new to this forum And don't know how to upload pics from my iPad to forum can anyone help please !

I also posted in the issan forum asking for advice about fishing in and around Nong khai but have had no replies , I'm not sure if I'm using this forum correct , can anyone help please !

It's very simple to upload pictures, when you post look at the bottom right hand corner, you will see 4 ions, the second in from the left should take you to your photo album, select a picture, it will then say why size, click on best size and post, that's how I do it.

Hello everyone , I'm new to this forum And don't know how to upload pics from my iPad to forum can anyone help please !

I also posted in the issan forum asking for advice about fishing in and around Nong khai but have had no replies , I'm not sure if I'm using this forum correct , can anyone help please !

It's very simple to upload pictures, when you post look at the bottom right hand corner, you will see 4 ions, the second in from the left should take you to your photo album, select a picture, it will then say why size, click on best size and post, that's how I do it.

Thanks for that dogpoo ! I've had a look but can't see any icons , I think maybe it's because I'm using an iPad

I've been reading some of your posts and it seems your very knowledgeable about fishing in Thailand and as I'm new over here I don't suppose you've got any tips on fishing the meekong in Nong khai , I'm not expecting monsters but would be nice if I can catch fish 5kg up !

Thanks for that dogpoo ! I've had a look but can't see any icons , I think maybe it's because I'm using an iPad

I've been reading some of your posts and it seems your very knowledgeable about fishing in Thailand and as I'm new over here I don't suppose you've got any tips on fishing the meekong in Nong khai , I'm not expecting monsters but would be nice if I can catch fish 5kg up !

Hi mate, I also use the IPad, google Thai visa connect and try to download the application again, there is no reason why you can't upload pictures the same as me, sorry I can't help you with fishing the Mekong river, I am guessing catching anything of any size would be difficult! is it fast flowing or is it fairly still, if it's fast flowing you would have to look for calm eddies, these are the places where fish will gather waiting for food, fishing in fast moving water is very difficult involving heavy weights, best if luck.

Hi mate, I also use the IPad, google Thai visa connect and try to download the application again, there is no reason why you can't upload pictures the same as me, sorry I can't help you with fishing the Mekong river, I am guessing catching anything of any size would be difficult! is it fast flowing or is it fairly still, if it's fast flowing you would have to look for calm eddies, these are the places where fish will gather waiting for food, fishing in fast moving water is very difficult involving heavy weights, best if luck.

post-188235-13812047068626_thumb.jpg

Hello m8 , thanks for your help again , hopefully I've just posted a pic of a small cat from v.s fisheries in Nong khai !

As for the meekong it's still flowing fairly quick but has already dropped about 3 meters in 2 weeks , flowing water doesn't worry me as I fished mainly rivers in the uk including a lot of boat fishing in the river Humber ! I think when I fish the meekong it will be trial and error ! I've only seen locals fishing close in with very light tackle catching odd very small fish