Four Russians Back In Phuket After Record Odyssey Around The World

webfact

Congratulation to those guys ... AWESOME ..... you see ? after all not all Russian are bad .... (that's for those who always complain about them)

I doubt the tuk tuk and taxi mafia are reading this forum. Too busy scratching their balls and assaulting tourists.

Congratulation to those guys ... AWESOME ..... you see ? after all not all Russian are bad .... (that's for those who always complain about them)

I agree, and for those that complain about the Russians being here, don't forget, the Thai's complain about you being here the same way. :) :)

Just think how the tourism industry in Thailand could prosper if they allowed "overseas working holiday" visas to backpackers for 6 months or 12 months, and you are only allowed one in your life time, similar to other countries. Also, you have to be under 30 years of age to qualify.

They would have young Russians. Chinese, Korean and Japanese working here "for cheap" just for the lifestyle, teaching a few words of Russian and Chinese to Thai staff and businesses would be offering a better service and making money from these huge markets and giving millions of tourists, generally, a better holiday experience.

They could restrict their employment to tour guides, tour desk agents, waitress/waiter - but the real emphasis will be on interpreting, guest relations in hotels etc etc. Nothing that would really take Thai jobs away from Thai's, and in fact, would probably make more business for the wider tourism industry.

It is "losely" working with the young English teachers now, all they need to do is expand the concept a little and allow Russians, for examplle, to speak and sell things to other Russians, thus, making Thai's prosper more from a tourism industry that is being held back by archaic foreign labour laws.

• Like 1

Congrats to these tough sailors. I saw the video on the link. Hard to imagine sailing around the world but in a catamaran with living berth basically out in the open topside under a makeshift tent structure and inflatable pontoons? Wow kudos to these Russian mariners.

• Like 1

I wonder that the Thai's think about this? Have any had a dream to sail around the world? I'm guessing they are probably saying, crazy farangs, how much money you get for this? coffee1.gif

Edited by khaowong1

I wonder that the Thai's think about this? Have any had a dream to sail around the world? I'm guessing they are probably saying, crazy farangs, how much money you get for this? coffee1.gif

Hey, a lot of bar girls are "sailing around the world" at the moment, and have done for years. :) :)