Young Men Arrested For Fight With Briton In Pattaya

Lite Beer

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Levy's Thai wife Ketsuda Levy, 35, told police that her husband was still drunk from a party the previous night and had told her in the morning that he would go for breakfast

Thought alcohol might have had something to do with it.

Apparently he drank his breakfast cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Seems quite normal for some expats, to each his or her own. Though being a drunk nuisance should be punished this was a little severe.

''to each his or her own''

I heard that before. Not sure what it means though... Can you elaborate???

Is ''throwing snooker rods and balls at people'' also part of someone's own? Or just getting pissed drunk in the morning...

Presumably it should be something that has an element of merit in its nature.... Otherwise murder, rape could also be part of someone's own. Just wondering what it really means.... perhaps according to your understandingrolleyes.gif

Edited by Andre0720

After reading the thread and what was meant to have happened i was about to say some people do deserve a slap when stepping out of line.

But he was on the floor being dealt with and then more and more join in just for sport, Thai culture don't you just love it.

TiT mate. Never seen a one on one with a Thai simply because they know they have no chance. They seem to hover waiting for any excuse to all jump in and deal out their own brand of justice. Hopefully the cowards they caught will be dealt with by the law. Actually just read that back and realized what a stupid comment I made....

• Like 1

Video link here

After reading the thread and what was meant to have happened i was about to say some people do deserve a slap when stepping out of line.

But he was on the floor being dealt with and then more and more join in just for sport, Thai culture don't you just love it.

Agree , they fight like packs of dogs ..

But this guy was a pensioner ! Regardless of weather he picked a fight , you just don't do that !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Somebody looking for trouble bites off more than he can chew in a foreign country....if he wanted to get pissed abuse people, be subdued as a human being and not the drunken thug he turned into, should have gone to Bournemouth. No sympathy for peope who drink until they loose all sense of reality, become violent, aggressive, and confrontational.....it usually ends with somebody getting badly hurt and not always the thug who instigated it

• Like 1

Video link here

Agree , they fight like packs of dogs ..

But this guy was a pensioner ! Regardless of weather he picked a fight , you just don't do that !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

He was 58

I'm 50 and wouldn't go around kicking over hookahs, no matter how good the party was the night before.

• Like 1

Online Clip Shows Farang Getting Thrashed By Thais
PATTAYA:--A video clip is spreading through the internet showing a farang getting beaten by Thai men. The beating reportedly happened in the Marine Plaza, after the drunk farang broke a snooker cue and refused to pay for damages. Police are investigating.

PATTAYA – March 30, 2013 [PDN]; Police are investigating a 40-second video clip posted online that shows a group of Thai men attacking a foreigner. A caption states the brawl had just occurred in the morning, at the Marine Plaza in south Pattaya, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

The clip shows three to four Thai strong men chasing and hurting a white man until he falls on the floor. Someone seems to try and stop it, who was wearing a green waist coat of a taxi motorbike driver. He tries to restrain them by talking to a man called “Moo” wearing black T-shirt.

But theThais did not stop their beating as they shouted loud insults at the farang. Then they grabbed a helmet on a nearby motorcycle basket to throw at the foreigner before they separated.

According to witnesses at the incident, the reason for the thrashing was because the farang went to play snooker, and accidentally broke the cue. But when the parlor owner asked him to pay for the damage, he refused and quarreled with the female owner. This led to his beating.
Full Story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/31/online-clip-shows-farang-getting-thrashed-by-thais/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-03-31

Online Clip Shows Farang Getting Thrashed By Thais

PATTAYA:--A video clip is spreading through the internet showing a farang getting beaten by Thai men. The beating reportedly happened in the Marine Plaza, after the drunk farang broke a snooker cue and refused to pay for damages. Police are investigating.

PATTAYA – March 30, 2013 [PDN]; Police are investigating a 40-second video clip posted online that shows a group of Thai men attacking a foreigner. A caption states the brawl had just occurred in the morning, at the Marine Plaza in south Pattaya, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

The clip shows three to four Thai strong men chasing and hurting a white man until he falls on the floor. Someone seems to try and stop it, who was wearing a green waist coat of a taxi motorbike driver. He tries to restrain them by talking to a man called “Moo” wearing black T-shirt.

But theThais did not stop their beating as they shouted loud insults at the farang. Then they grabbed a helmet on a nearby motorcycle basket to throw at the foreigner before they separated.

According to witnesses at the incident, the reason for the thrashing was because the farang went to play snooker, and accidentally broke the cue. But when the parlor owner asked him to pay for the damage, he refused and quarreled with the female owner. This led to his beating.

Full Story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/31/online-clip-shows-farang-getting-thrashed-by-thais/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-03-31

The Thai way of thinking must have permeated the poor fellow.

''..and accidentally broke the cue. But when the parlor owner asked him to pay for the damage, he refused''

In thailand, an accident is something that happens and that nobody is responsible for.....It's an accident....

Next time fellow...think the farang way.....

Channel 3 Thai repeated the line that it was a drunken 'farang' causing damage and having to be restrained.

However, part of the video shows the guy lying on the ground and being booted in the abdomen by one of about 8 Thai men on the scene. One of the motorcycle dudes also pelts him with his helmet...

Why is it when a farang gets into a fight in Thailand it is usually by a group of Thai men? Are they such cowards that it takes a gang of them to engage and put a farang down?

Channel 3 Thai repeated the line that it was a drunken 'farang' causing damage and having to be restrained.

However, part of the video shows the guy lying on the ground and being booted in the abdomen by one of about 8 Thai men on the scene. One of the motorcycle dudes also pelts him with his helmet...

Why is it when a farang gets into a fight in Thailand it is usually by a group of Thai men? Are they such cowards that it takes a gang of them to engage and put a farang down?

The answer is in the question.....

I have to laught at some of the foreigner idiocy I see in Asia.

The retiree should count his blessings he's in a relatively peaceful country. Try this shit once in a Mexican neighborhood, El Salvador etc....drunken fools like this have short histories in a lot of other parts of the world.

these people are vermin beating on a guy old enough to be their dad/grandad regardless of what went before.....had i been there watching this I would have picked up something large and heavy and set about them regardless of the consequences....take away the fake smiles and thailand is a very dangerous place

these people are vermin beating on a guy old enough to be their dad/grandad regardless of what went before.....had i been there watching this I would have picked up something large and heavy and set about them regardless of the consequences....take away the fake smiles and thailand is a very dangerous place

''.....had i been there watching this''

How would you know?

Had you been there watching, perhaps you would have agreed with the behaviour of the thia people present...

You were not there....

Yes,Thailand can be a dangerous place............because of that it`s NEVER a good idea to get involved,even if the fight is unfair !!

Levy's Thai wife Ketsuda Levy, 35, told police that her husband was still drunk from a party the previous night and had told her in the morning that he would go for breakfast

Thought alcohol might have had something to do with it.

Apparently he drank his breakfast cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Seems quite normal for some expats, to each his or her own. Though being a drunk nuisance should be punished this was a little severe.

''to each his or her own''

I heard that before. Not sure what it means though... Can you elaborate???

Is ''throwing snooker rods and balls at people'' also part of someone's own? Or just getting pissed drunk in the morning...

Presumably it should be something that has an element of merit in its nature.... Otherwise murder, rape could also be part of someone's own. Just wondering what it really means.... perhaps according to your understandingrolleyes.gif

I mean getting blind drunk is quite normal for expats and then i said for each hir or her own. Meaning up to them, then read on my second line is that its not good to be a drunk nuisance.. So we probably think the same.

I have a major problem with people who become a nuisance after a few drinks, they should just not drink. Just drink have fun but if your the kind that becomes an nuisance just dont drink. Though this beating is a bit too much for refusing to pay damages (I think he should have you break it you pay)

Thais keep beating up foreigners because in the majority of cases they don't face any consequences.

Why not beat up a foreigner and get rid of a bit of angst and stress when it is highly unlikely you will be made accountable for it.

It is amazing how quickly a bunch of thai guys can come out of the woodwork when there is a chance to gang bash somebody. I have seen it a few times in Pattaya and it is fast and brutal. Believe me it can happen to anyone if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time or you get into a misunderstanding which spirals out of control.

Yeah right..... and the millions of travellers to Thailand that have not experienced violence just got lucky......he was not in the wrong place at the wrong time, he was aggressive in the wrong place with the wrong people......big difference
You have a lot to learn about Thailand.

Thais keep beating up foreigners because in the majority of cases they don't face any consequences.

Why not beat up a foreigner and get rid of a bit of angst and stress when it is highly unlikely you will be made accountable for it.

It is amazing how quickly a bunch of thai guys can come out of the woodwork when there is a chance to gang bash somebody. I have seen it a few times in Pattaya and it is fast and brutal. Believe me it can happen to anyone if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time or you get into a misunderstanding which spirals out of control.

Yeah right..... and the millions of travellers to Thailand that have not experienced violence just got lucky......he was not in the wrong place at the wrong time, he was aggressive in the wrong place with the wrong people......big difference
You have a lot to learn about Thailand.

Funny that I have travelled in most areas of Thailand (avoided Pattaya) and been well out of it on drink a few times too, more often than not, one farang alone with the Thai people, bars, night clubs, dinking all night, not one fight, injury, threat of violence.....just lucky I guess.....or could it be that I learnt very quickly....smile.png.......the only violence or fights I viewed involved drunk farang. Excepting when one of my Thai aquaintances got himself shot dead......he wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time either....like the old farang he just pissed off the wrong people. But of course you are welcome to your opinion.

Edited by 473geo

Yes plenty of expats think they have it all figured out until something goes wrong.

I have never been the victim of violence in Thailand either but that doesn't mean I couldn't be.

As I said I have witnessed first hand quite a number of violent incidents over the years over what might seem rather petty incidents.

The just because it hasn't happened to me argument doesn't really wash with me. It is a bit like saying that Thai roads are safe because you have never had an accident.

The pack mentality and the underlying violent nature of Thai society coupled with a lack of any real conviction by police of prosecuting Thais who have bashed, killed , maimed, robbed etc make it more dangerous for the foreigner than it should be.

Edited by Tolley

I have to laught at some of the foreigner idiocy I see in Asia.

The retiree should count his blessings he's in a relatively peaceful country. Try this shit once in a Mexican neighborhood, El Salvador etc....drunken fools like this have short histories in a lot of other parts of the world.

Peaceful country my ass. Thailand is more dangerous than those two, higher crime and traffic fatality rates. Unless they can compensate by being more disease-ridden and polluted, but they probably can't.