Betagen Milk

eek

Just would like some clarification on Betagen milk products.

The one i buy usually is 0% fat. But i also see 0% fat plus 2% sugar on the shelves.

The 0% tastes very sweet as is, so if no sugar, what is making it so sweet?

Ive tried reading the thai ingredients on the back, but its pretty small and some of the terminology im just not sure of, so tbh i just gave up and decided to ask on here.

Its a probiotic and very low in fat, right? Is there anything hidden or pretty good stuff?

Kick starting a healthy eating plan again (every so often i lapse into eating more snacks and carbs than i should!), and that means being more aware of what im putting into my body.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

The 0% stays, as you mentioned yourself..., for the fat and that one has about 7% sugar inside.

I always go for the 2% sugar bec in this kind of milk product is already min fat.

Edit:

Imo, it's ok for a treat. I have it about 1-2 weekly and it's nearly my onliest milk product at all.

Edited by Chonburiram
  • Like 1

Thank you for that! I will get the 2% sugar one from now on.

Eek

If you want to be real healthy look into kefir its a pro biotic you make yourself. Its quite easy to make but it does take some trouble but its better as this and on the long run cheaper too.

Was just some info even though you did not ask about it hope it helps.

• Like 2

I got my grains for it from user Tropo, so they are available in Thailand.

I have been making my own kefir for a while now and it does take a bit of doing once every few days but the result is ok. Its a great probiotic, but its sour so if you dont like that don't research it. Its made from milk and kefir grains. Once you got them you can produce as much as you want.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

I bought a whole lot of the 2% sugar lactose free but flushed it all. I just couldn't understand why the manufacturer would add 2% in a health drink!! it's unbearably sweet and why would you want to put all that sugar into your body?? I made my own lactose free yogurt no Sugar and know what I'm putting into my body ????