Tums Or Rolaids, Antacid, Where Can I Get Some In Pattaya ?

how241

I have looked many places in Pattaya and have been told it is not available in Thailand. Tums or Rolaids is a chew-able over-the-counter, non-prescription item sold everywhere in the USA. It contains the calcium supplement 'calcium carbonate'. I find they are very helpful to quiet a sour stomach after drinking. I used up all the supply I brought from the USA. Does anyone know where I could buy them here in Pattaya ? Could anyone bring me some from their home country? I live permanently in Pattaya and would be happy pay you for your trouble. Thank you ... I know that vitamins are sold with calcium carbonate but it is not chew-able so it doesn't take away the acid in your stomach.

You can put a little baking soda (not baking powder) in a glass, add some water and drink it. I'd say maybe a rounded teaspoon in 1/2 glass of water. Works great.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate - highly alkaline. Be ready to belch off and on for a minute or two, but it feels great. tongue.png

Edited by NeverSure

Although not the same find "air-X" excellent (non drinking) but suspect would also help any such upset.

((Simethicone 80mg))

US names:

Bicarsim
- Tablets 80 mg
Bicarsim Forte
- Tablets 125 mg
Extra Strength Gas-X
- Capsules, softgel 125 mg
- Tablets, chewable 125 mg
Flatulex
- Drops 40 mg per 0.6 mL
Genasyme
- Tablets, chewable 80 mg
Genasyme Drops
- Drops 40 mg per 0.6 mL
Gas-X
- Tablets, chewable 80 mg
Maalox Anti-Gas
Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength
Mylanta Gas Relief Maximum Strength
- Capsules 125 mg
Mylicon
- Drops 40 mg per 0.6 mL
Phazyme
- Capsules 180 mg
Phazyme 125
Ovol (Canada)

Maybe you have a peptic ulcer like me (doesn't seem worth treating, like you I only get it after drinking too much) or drinking a lot of coffee, which often coincides with drinking too much the day before. I take Omeprazole every 3 days, even though the lady tells me to take it twice a day. Baking soda does it also, for sure, but tastes nasty.

Maybe you have a peptic ulcer like me (doesn't seem worth treating, like you I only get it after drinking too much) or drinking a lot of coffee, which often coincides with drinking too much the day before. I take Omeprazole every 3 days, even though the lady tells me to take it twice a day. Baking soda does it also, for sure, but tastes nasty.

"Baking soda does it also, for sure, but tastes nasty."

The new slogan: Tastes nasty, feels grrrrrrrreat! :)

Naw I agree. I was just giving an "emergency" idea if he was hurting atm.

Although not as convenient as Tums as Rolaids, you can find Pepto Bismol in some locations, not many though. I too looked everywhere, and could never find any tums or rolaids. I bought some at Sams Club, a huge bottle, and brought it over. I think Pepto is probably better for after drinking anyways.

I can tell you at my house, with all the girls eating Sum Tum and falling ill 2x a month or so, Pepto is their go to medicine. They don't like the Thai style Pepto.

Edited by oakweb

Although not as convenient as Tums as Rolaids, you can find Pepto Bismol in some locations, not many though. I too looked everywhere, and could never find any tums or rolaids. I bought some at Sams Club, a huge bottle, and brought it over. I think Pepto is probably better for after drinking anyways.

I can tell you at my house, with all the girls eating Sum Tum and falling ill 2x a month or so, Pepto is their go to medicine. They don't like the Thai style Pepto.

I bought some Gastro Bismol 524 in BKK. Tablets containing Bismuth Subsalicylate 524 mg.

They did wonders for me.

You can put a little baking soda (not baking powder) in a glass, add some water and drink it. I'd say maybe a rounded teaspoon in 1/2 glass of water. Works great.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate - highly alkaline. Be ready to belch off and on for a minute or two, but it feels great. tongue.png

Yes, I have tried the baking soda and it does work well. It doesn't taste too good(salty) and makes you burp a lot but shorty after, my stomach does feel good again. The Tums taste better and easier to eat. I can't understand why Thailand doesn't have them.

Although not the same find "air-X" excellent (non drinking) but suspect would also help any such upset.

((Simethicone 80mg))

US names:

Bicarsim
- Tablets 80 mg
Bicarsim Forte
- Tablets 125 mg
Extra Strength Gas-X
- Capsules, softgel 125 mg
Flatulex
- Drops 40 mg per 0.6 mL
Genasyme
- Tablets, chewable 80 mg
Genasyme Drops
- Drops 40 mg per 0.6 mL
Gas-X
Maalox Anti-Gas
Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength
Mylanta Gas Relief Maximum Strength
- Capsules 125 mg
Mylicon
- Drops 40 mg per 0.6 mL
Phazyme
- Capsules 180 mg
Phazyme 125
Ovol (Canada)

Thanks for your info. I'll give some of them a try. Thank you

Think you will like air-X as works well, tastes good, is safe to use and available everywhere. Below is the Wiki list of brands.

Simethicone is generally available over the counter under many brand names in varying dosage sizes and combinations with other drugs, including:
Aero-Red (Spain)
Air-X (Thailand)
Antacil (Thailand)
Antiflat[7][8] (Austria)
Baby's Own Infant Drops
Bloateze (Phoenix Labs - Ireland)
Cuplaton (Orion Pharma)
Deflatine
De-Gas
Disflatyl
Espumisan (Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Russia)
Flatulex
Factor AG 200 (Argentina)
GasAid
Gascon (Taiwan)
Gas-Med
Gas Relief
Gasvan (Serbia)
Gas-X
Gazim X (Israel)
Genasyme
Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief (formerly Imodium Advanced)
Imogas
Imonogas
Infacol
Infacon
Kremil-S
Kupla Stop (Finland)
Lefax (Germany)
Little Tummys
Luftal (Brazil and Mexico)
Maalox Anti-Gas
Maalox Max
Mag77
Metsil (Turkey)
Minifom (Norway, Sweden)
My Baby Gas Relief Drops
Mylanta Gas
Mylanta Gas Relief
Mylicon Drops
Mylicongas (Italy)
Ovol
Phazyme
Rennie Deflatine
Rolaids
SAB Simplex
Silan (Uruguay)
Siloxogene (India)
Simeco (Philippines)
Simicol (Israel)
Telament (South Africa)
Triaerom (Peru)
WindEze (UK)
Flatin (HU)
Refalgin (IT)
Rantac-MPS(UNIQUE PHARMA, India)
DeGas (Jordan)

Just walk into any chemist and tell them you have an upset tummy, they will give you what you need. Never had an issue and the pills provided always worked. Tums an rolades are just over priced versions of the same thing.