Car Hire From Ferry Terminal Koh Samui

I am coming over to Koh Samui via the Ferry in June. I will probably want to hire a car for my 4 day stay there. Is it possible to hire a car at the ferry terminal (Lipa Noi?) to save paying taxi fares to get me to and from my hotel in Lamai.

I can't say I remember a car rental place at Lipa Noi, (that would be the Raja ferry... )

If you use Seatran or other ferry, you'll land in Nathon....(5 or 6 kms in the wrong direction,... sad.png ) Although you could get a mini bus, cheap to Nathon and check out the rental places along the water front... no idea which would be reputable... so hope some one else can guide you there.

Or take the mini bus services to Lamai would be cheaper, than a Taxi from Raja's Port....

How are you getting to the ferry in the first place....plane, bus, train???

I assume at some point you will be in either Surathani or Nakhon Si Thammarat, so why not hire your car there.

HL biggrin.png

because it's a hassle to ride by yourself and the ferry costs over 500+ for the car and you have to wait there, at the ferry pier, until it's your turn, maybe many hours, maybe overnight, and you have to do this vise versa too, and you have to pay also for the petrol and no one allows you that except Budget and where is Budget in NST or ST? and Budget is more expensive than rental service on Samui and you are stick with that and can therefore not fly from other places, except you take the bus back from NST i.e. after giving back the car and

Edited by Birdman

How are you getting to the ferry in the first place....plane, bus, train???

I assume at some point you will be in either Surathani or Nakhon Si Thammarat, so why not hire your car there.

HL biggrin.png

because it's a hassle to ride by yourself and the ferry costs over 500+ for the car and you have to wait there, at the ferry pier, until it's your turn, maybe many hours, maybe overnight, and you have to do this vise versa too, and you have to pay also for the petrol and no one allows you that except Budget and where is Budget in NST or ST? and Budget is more expensive than rental service on Samui and you are stick with that and can therefore not fly from other places, except you take the bus back from NST i.e. after giving back the car and

and... Then it's time to breath.