Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

The last country to change was, I believe, Sweden in the late 60s.

Italy changed between the wars, and in typical Italian fashion, changed gradually. Cities with trams were allowed to continue driving on the left (Rome was one) provided they posted signs at the city limits.

Samoa changed in 2009 from right to left side driving - to be into line with other South Pacific countries ;-P

• Like 1

Thailand to change from left to right hand driving

Which hand for digging boogers? rolleyes.gif

Someone elses, apparently.

I have seen more nostril diving than I care to have ever experienced.

• Like 2

This is a step in the right direction, as we all know ,Thai have a problem deciding which is right and which is wrong, so they can now sit in the middle , like most do anyway, Mr matchamoron should be congratulated on such a splendid idea , however I would have preferred red and yellow paint , but, Ah ya can't have everything.clap2.gif

• Like 2

Per 1 January 2020 all cars in Thailand, including old cars, must be refitted. However busses, trucks and taxis will be exempted as they are driven by professional drivers who can handle their vehicle safely.

​Would make sense with buses as they stop in the middle or in the fast lane now anyway, so if there was a change at least the passengers could get out at the side of the road even if it is the middle edge.. giggle.gif

This was inevitable but it does make sense for a number of reasons..., peripheral visibility being the biggest. Eye mapping tests over the years verify this.

The thing that scares me is...., the transition!! I'd like to see someone set up a study to document the # of accidents that occur over a 5 year period, once enacted. Not just the accidents but assessing the accident cause in as granular a fashion possible. Empirical data from crash scene..., accounts from witnesses and those involved (if they live to tell!)..., and then to view contributing factors relative to the change from left to right.

I've already started to modify my car. Got the steering wheel on the left side, don't know how to change the pedals.

How can people believe such a story on a special day for fools?--clap2.gif

• Like 1