Extending The Validity Of Your Truemove Sim Card

ravip

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you can call *9344, which will extend the validity of a TrueMove pre-paid account by 30 days, and the cost is 3 baht. I think you can repeat this process up to a 365 day maximum.

There may be other methods, maybe ring them on 1331 to inquire.

TrueMove's network is scheduled to cease operation on September 15, 2013. Whether this ultimately happens remains to be seen - CAT may try a 'telecomm coup'. ;)

You can port your TrueMove number to any other service provider including TrueMove H. TrueMove H is a reseller of CAT 850 MHz.

Do you know if *9344 works on the TrueMove H network? Might be handy for a friend of mine who keeps his phone dormant for half the year he spends in Canada.

• 2 months later...
Do you know if *9344 works on the TrueMove H network?

I don't think it works on TrueMove H. TrueMove H has a rolling 60 day expiry, based on activity.

Any other suggestions how to extend?

TrueMove or TrueMove H? I guess you could ask someone here in Thailand to add value, thereby extending the expiry? Maybe just wait until you return and try to revive it?

I think most service providers have interpreted the NBTC's requirement to do away with expiration dates - which is not really feasible as they will run out of numbers - as requiring activity over some period, like 60 days. After which, maybe another 15 day grace period, so 75 days in total, the number could be repossessed/recycled.

Do you know if *9344 works on the TrueMove H network?

I don't think it works on TrueMove H. TrueMove H has a rolling 60 day expiry, based on activity.

Any other suggestions how to extend?

TrueMove or TrueMove H? I guess you could ask someone here in Thailand to add value, thereby extending the expiry? Maybe just wait until you return and try to revive it?

I think most service providers have interpreted the NBTC's requirement to do away with expiration dates - which is not really feasible as they will run out of numbers - as requiring activity over some period, like 60 days. After which, maybe another 15 day grace period, so 75 days in total, the number could be repossessed/recycled.

I've successfully extended my True Move H to August 18.

I realized I could add money from my Kasikorn acct. I was unable to actually do that because it says it won't allow a Pin2 user to add a payee (I hadn't previously paid them from the bank) I have to be a OTP user. I tried to change from Pin2 to OTP but wasn't able to do it with the instructions I found on the bank web site.

I decided to try my Bangkok Bank account. It was easy and I added 50 baht to get it extended.

I haven't been following the whole True Move H news. Will it still be there when I get to Thailand in September or October?

With TrueMoveH, any activity: top-up, outbound call, in-bound call, originated SMS extend the expiry to 60 days, in your case to August 18. Assuming you have international roaming enabled, and that you are not currently in Thailand, and that you have a roaming signal, then it should be easy enough to keep the SIM alive.

TrueMove is scheduled to cease service on Sep. 15, 2013. Whether this actually happens remains to be seen.

TrueMove H is not affected as they are a reseller of CAT until 2025 or 2027, unless there is some judicial/regulatory review of that contract.

With TrueMoveH, any activity: top-up, outbound call, in-bound call, originated SMS extend the expiry to 60 days, in your case to August 18. Assuming you have international roaming enabled, and that you are not currently in Thailand, and that you have a roaming signal, then it should be easy enough to keep the SIM alive.

TrueMove is scheduled to cease service on Sep. 15, 2013. Whether this actually happens remains to be seen.

TrueMove H is not affected as they are a reseller of CAT until 2025 or 2027, unless there is some judicial/regulatory review of that contract.

I didn't understand that from your previous post. So next time ill send an SMS and extend.

Here's what I was looking for... Let me ask this:

Is it the same with pre and post paid True H? I've always had a pre paid services (AIS and now True H), and I've noticed every time I add money to my AIS balance, it's validity extends farther and farther, I think my AIS balance was valid for almost up to one year ahead.

As I said I've recently got True H number and only added a balance once to it (still have enough money on it), so the question is, will it work the same way as on AIS? Will the validity extends further and further every time I refill the balance?

It was said already in the above quote, but I want to confirm, is it possible to keep (revive??) the number on pre-paid True H if it was let to expire? Up to 75 days before the number is lost?

Is it the same with pre and post paid True H?

No. Only pre-paid plans have expiration dates tied to their remaining balance. Post-paid accounts would run until the customer cancels.

[quote] so the question is, will it work the same way as on AIS? Will the validity extends further and further every time I refill the balance? [/quote]

No. And No. IME. Just a 60 days rolling validity based on activity.

is it possible to keep (revive??) the number on pre-paid True H if it was let to expire? Up to 75 days before the number is lost?

First up, the 75 days is my estimate based on some corporate presentations I've seen (from AIS no less), so it should not be taken as a confirmed rule. You could simply contact TrueMove H, explain your situation and ask if there are any options for you. Or ask someone here to top-up your SIM for 10 baht every 60 days? Or, assuming you have enabled International Roaming and have a roaming partner signal, take a few TrueMoney scratch cards with you. I am not sure how the revival process works now, but I think there may be at least a 15 day grace period after the formal expiration date has been reached.

• 1 month later...

As I said 58 days ago I successfully top up my true move H sim.

It is time for me to do another top up.

I'm still out of the country.

The problem is my 2 year old found and lost ( someplace in the house hopefully) my phone that that had my True Move H sim in it.

I can top up using my Bangkok Bank account but what do I do about getting a replacement sim with my same number and existing credit when I next arrive in Thailand?

Thanks

I assume you've tried calling your number +66 8n nnn-nnnn in an effort to hear the ringtone and locate the phone?

I guess you could visit a True shop upon your return to see if they can give you a new SIM tied to your number? Obviously if you've registered your SIM with your name/passport or maybe a Thai relation with their name/national ID, then replacement might be easier. I assume you understand that they may be reticent to hand out a new SIM, with a pre-paid balance, to just anyone who gives a number? Maybe be prepared to give details re: top-ups/dates/linked bank account to support your ownership claim?

Yes I tried to call it. The phone was not being used so it was shut off.

The good news is my wife discovered that she had not inserted the Sim into that phone yet as previously thought so we have the sim and I extended it by using another phone.

I am still missing a phone but I have plenty of time to find it so I have high hopes it will show up.

I asked my wife if the prepaid sim was registered to me. She doesn't remember them asking any personal information when i got it.

Perhaps this is something I can rectify on my next visit. Will they register a prepaid sim to a foreigner that doesn't have a work permit?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I visited a Truemove H shop at Cental World and received a new SIM with the same number. They said it might take 1-2 days to get activated and I will receive a SMS on my old SIM.

The downside is it is valid for 3 months and cannot be extended like before.

So... eventually I will loose my number.

• 6 months later...

Update on this topic regarding TrueMove H - 16th April 2014

True have once again changed their position. It is no longer possible to extend your validity using the *9344 (if it ever was possible for TrueMove H - I don't know about this). For a period of time, there was only a fixed 60 day validity, commencing either the last time you use your phone (in almost any respect, messaging, calling, topping up etc). This has now changed. From the 18th March, 2014, you can repeatedly increase the validity of your sim up to maximum of 365 days. This can be done by topping up your account - 30 days for a 50 baht top up.

However, I am still looking for a way to do this from outside of Thailand. I am currently here so I think the solution for me - to retain my much loved phone number- is to top up repeatedly 12 times to effectively get a year's extension. I have also noticed that, even with online banking top ups, there is now a OTP which makes it impossible to top up if I am out of the country since the OTP goes to my Thai phone number. The only three ways I can see, and I haven't tried the first, are:

1. Arrange through online banking (whilst in Thailand as a OTP will be sent to verify) a regular top up occurring at intervals which will cover you while you are away, 2. Leave some money with a Thai friend and get them to top up for you on a regular basis,

and 3. When you are here, extend past the date you know you will next be here by regular top-ups.

So, it seems that you need to be in Thailand to arrange these. If anyone finds another way to maintain an account whilst out of the country, please let me know - thanks!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708991-sim-topup-validity-of-1-year-now-possible/

I recently did 12 top-ups, for a friend, at a free-standing machine (10 baht value plus 2 baht fee, so 144 baht in total), and each top-up added 30 days cumulative for a total of the maximum of 365 days - he had some residual days.

The only three ways I can see

Assuming you have IR enabled and can get a signal wherever, you could bring small denomination scratch (TrueMoney) cards?

I recently did 12 top-ups, for a friend, at a free-standing machine (10 baht value plus 2 baht fee, so 144 baht in total), and each top-up added 30 days cumulative for a total of the maximum of 365 days - he had some residual days.

I have patented that procedure. Can I have my fee? tongue.png

• 2 months later...

I have a prepaid True Move H sim card and I am currently abroad for 3 months. To extend the validity 'No need for me to top up' they said, just call *933# once a month to show it is active.

What i tried to do.

And actually my phone in France says "Not registered on network". And i've seen no roaming offer.

Am I supposed to be able to call in Thailand from France from that sim card ?

How could I extend ?

How could I do to keep at least my phone number valid until I come back to Chiang Mai in September?

Thanks

I have a prepaid True Move H sim card and I am currently abroad for 3 months. To extend the validity 'No need for me to top up' they said, just call *933# once a month to show it is active.

What i tried to do.

And actually my phone in France says "Not registered on network". And i've seen no roaming offer.

Am I supposed to be able to call in Thailand from France from that sim card ?

How could I extend ?

How could I do to keep at least my phone number valid until I come back to Chiang Mai in September?

Thanks

You must first Register for International Roaming Services (I believe this can only be done only while in Thailand)

If you have done this and the phone with the True H SIM lacks service abroad, then see this True H FAQ: General Information about International Services
bt_faq_01(1)2(1).gif When I am travelling abroad, but I cannot call out or receive calls? What should I do to fix it?
bt_faq_02(2)2(1).gif If you are facing such a problem when you are travelling abroad such as no signal, emergency only or no access displays, the basic troubleshooting steps are as follows:
Set the Manual Network Selection, which is regularly on Setting/Option > Mobile Network > manually selection > scan for new network.

And then, select network you want.

Now you can use the roaming service.

For more information to set up on iPhone and BlackBerry, click here.

If you can select the network but still cannot call out, please check whether your smartphone blocks the calling or not (such as Call Barring - Block Outgoing Calls- International Calls). Disable that setting, then you will be able to call out.

Try turning off your smartphone and remove the battery for a while. Then, insert it and turn your phone on again.

Check your SIM cards whether it can be used with other mobile phones or not. In this case, the problem may be from your mobile phone.

Check whether you are dialing the right format of the international numbers or not; Press + and local code + destination number.

The True H page to Check for International Roaming Services Postpaid/Prepaid shows

Country -- France (+33)

post-146535-0-84018900-1403453151_thumb.

[...]

How could I extend ?

Thanks

The other alternative, as already mentioned previously by lomatopo (post #21), is to have someone in Thailand make three or more small top-ups to your account. The unknown caveat would be, if the SIM is not active on a network will it maintain its eligibility or expire anyway?

ISTR that you can also top up an account using the internet banking service of some banks, but not sure which banks can do that. If your bank offers that, you could top up (hence extend the validity period) from any place in the world with internet access.

Hi,

I had the same issue. I contacted their Customer Service. Here's their reply:

In reply to your e-mail, we would recommend "Puem Wan Tun Jai" service by *934# from your number 08xxxxxxxx to buy a sim card validity period. The fee is 3.21 THB (Inc.VAT) per 30 days long. If you are unable to dial the number while being abroad, we are pleased to buy the validity period for you on our system if you could confirm how many days you would like to buy (30/60/90....). The validity period can be accumulated 365 days at maximum.

Hope it helps! So, top up using truemove-h (even if it only accepts minimum 300 Baht), then extend your validity. Or if you have credit already, just skip the top up step.

Called into the True shop today. Just to confirm what dilimotmihai says, to extend the validity of a True Move H sim just dial *934#.

It costs 3 baht +vat (taken from your credit balance) and extends the validity by 30 days at a time.

Just repeat for more time. If leaving Thailand for a period of time you should extend the validity before you leave.

Apparently, getting a years validity every time we topped up a True Inter sim was a promotion that applied just for that older sim and is no longer available.

Called into the True shop today. Just to confirm what dilimotmihai says, to extend the validity of a True Move H sim just dial *934#.

It costs 3 baht +vat (taken from your credit balance) and extends the validity by 30 days at a time.

Just repeat for more time. If leaving Thailand for a period of time you should extend the validity before you leave.

Apparently, getting a years validity every time we topped up a True Inter sim was a promotion that applied just for that older sim and is no longer available.

Nope doesn't work.......

Just tried it and nothing. Credit balance still the same so no deduction and no forward movement of Sim validity by 30 days

Nope doesn't work.......

Just tried it and nothing. Credit balance still the same so no deduction and no forward movement of Sim validity by 30 days

Well I did it twice while in the True shop and it worked both times. Press * 9 3 4 # then press call. The first on screen message says 'USSD code running'. Second on screen message says wait for SMS confirmation. The SMS arrives a few seconds later to confirm you've extended the validity by 30 days.

Archived