Extending The Validity Of Your Truemove Sim Card

ravip

Called into the True shop today. Just to confirm what dilimotmihai says, to extend the validity of a True Move H sim just dial *934#.

It costs 3 baht +vat (taken from your credit balance) and extends the validity by 30 days at a time.

Just repeat for more time. If leaving Thailand for a period of time you should extend the validity before you leave.

Apparently, getting a years validity every time we topped up a True Inter sim was a promotion that applied just for that older sim and is no longer available.

Nope doesn't work.......

Just tried it and nothing. Credit balance still the same so no deduction and no forward movement of Sim validity by 30 days

Well I did it twice while in the True shop and it worked both times. Press * 9 3 4 # then press call. The first on screen message says 'USSD code running'. Second on screen message says wait for SMS confirmation. The SMS arrives a few seconds later to confirm you've extended the validity by 30 days.

Just done it again..........This time I get "wait for sms confirmation" no problem and few seconds later message in Thai but can see the number 30 amongst it......

Took the 3 baht plus vat...........but no advancement of 30 days !!! Still the same before !!

I wonder if this is because its marketed as a "Tourist Intersim" given free from Oman Airlines in this case, on the arrival Gate ?? Had it originally in September last year ??

Wouldn't have thought it made any difference though ??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google translation:

"Add instant Truemove-H services began service from 18 March 2557 onwards, with the way the application is.
• Apply dial * 934 # and call charge 3 baht (excluding Vat).
Note
• Customers must activate a full 90 days to be able to use this service. (Moving from conventional Truemove had to wait the full 90 days as well).
• The validity period of 30 days after receiving the confirmation SMS.
• The number of days accumulated up to 365 days or 90 days as a condition of the SIM / promotion that customers use.
If you have not completed 90 days would need to recharge it before. The implementation date will be as shown below. "

Clear as mud.

I just tried it.

They do take the 3B+VAT

They do send an SMS (in Thai) saying you have extended your validity by 30 days. "TrueMove H. validity for 30 days to complete it. Thank you TrueMove H here."

They don't actually extend the validity at all. So it looks like another nice scam.

I think I'll just stick to the 12B at 7/11 method.

I just tried it.

They do take the 3B+VAT

They do send an SMS (in Thai) saying you have extended your validity by 30 days. "TrueMove H. validity for 30 days to complete it. Thank you TrueMove H here."

They don't actually extend the validity at all. So it looks like another nice scam.

I think I'll just stick to the 12B at 7/11 method.

Just pleased that it wasn't just me then !!

Maximum is 90 days in advance and no more.......will try this 7-11 method and see what happens !

I think the tourist-specific SIMs are lifetime limited. Its the same for DTAC as well (45 days for that, and only if you top up a certain amount). For DTAC what you can do is request that the SIM be changed to one of the other plans (you can keep the number) after which the lifetime can be extended.

.......will try this 7-11 method and see what happens !

Be sure to use this sort of orange machine with touchscreen and English-language option:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708991-sim-topup-validity-of-1-year-now-possible/page-2#entry7596624

The other machines are not as easy to use and some seem to charge more than 2B.

.......will try this 7-11 method and see what happens !

Be sure to use this sort of orange machine with touchscreen and English-language option:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708991-sim-topup-validity-of-1-year-now-possible/page-2#entry7596624

The other machines are not as easy to use and some seem to charge more than 2B.

Thanks indeed....

Maximum is 90 days in advance and no more.......

Hmmm. When I tried the 3Baht code I already had 150+ days which I had got previously from multiple 12B top-ups at 7/11.

I wonder if True will apply the extra 30 days I have paid for when my validity drops below 60 days?

• 1 month later...

This is a very informative thread.

Today I tried the

True Move H sim just dial *934#.

It costs 3 baht +vat (taken from your credit balance) and extends the validity by 30 days at a time.

It worked very well.!!! I had credit until 03/02/2015 and after the top up I have credit until 05/03/2015, just great and for only 3 baht. It worked for me, try again if it didn't work for you, cheers.

• 1 month later...

FWIW I can add a little more sad experience to this thread which i regret not having seen prior to my first topping up of a new True Move H sim card (bought solely because new phone required mini-Sim).

Sim cost 49bht in Central, AFAIK intended for voice/SMS only (as per my request). Discovered to also include “bonus” 20 bht talk time validity 1 month despite vendor person saying Nil.

Nearly 1 month later ( zero out calls so 20 bht remaining) i topped up with 150 baht (True Money card) since ignorant of True’s gimmick that all card values / machine inputs from 10bht up apparently get a fixed 1 month validity. Net result 170bht valid 1 more month.

After finding this thread, have just tried extending via the *934# Call.

(1) Gave the USSD thingy followed by “wait for SMS”.

(2) I waited and shortly received SMS in Thai. (had previously checked language options with True – “all messages in Thai only” – Thank You True.

(3) Checked balance/validity and no changes at all.

(4) SMS translated, i was told, as “card must be active for 90 days to use this service”

Q.E.D.

• 2 weeks later...

Maximum is 90 days in advance and no more.......

Hmmm. When I tried the 3Baht code I already had 150+ days which I had got previously from multiple 12B top-ups at 7/11.

I wonder if True will apply the extra 30 days I have paid for when my validity drops below 60 days?

In case anyone still cares, the answer is "yes, they will". My extra days purchased back in June were applied during the last few weeks.

What ever I tried in September the maximum forward validity was 90 days........not an issue as long as I top up to maximum prior to end of each trip

See above: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630471-extending-the-validity-of-your-truemove-sim-card/page-2#entry8420840

Whilst the 3B *934# code top-up may not appear to work, my credit was applied correctly in the end without me doing anything.

Top-ups made using the machines definitely allow for cumulative validity up to 360 days, but you must make many small ones and not one big one.

Not that I know of. Just use the *934# code.

phone is not in Thailand sad.png

Ah. In that case I think you are limited to internet banking transfers or getting a friend in Thailand to do some 12B top-ups at the 7/11 machines.

UMMM OK.....:(

does anyone want to buy me a 12 baht virtual "Beer"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, is it possible to extend validity online on True website as it is possible on Dtacnand 12call websitees ?

Not that I know of.

If i use the orange machine i have to topup 12 times 10 baht to get 1 year validity

It's 12 times 12B as there is a 2B fee. Or you can use the *934# code (3B for 30 days) as described earlier in this thread. In my experience you will in the end get up to 12 lots of 30 days applied to your account but this may not be obvious at the time you do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, is it possible to extend validity online on True website as it is possible on Dtacnand 12call websitees ?

Not that I know of.

If i use the orange machine i have to topup 12 times 10 baht to get 1 year validity

It's 12 times 12B as there is a 2B fee. Or you can use the *934# code (3B for 30 days) as described earlier in this thread. In my experience you will in the end get up to 12 lots of 30 days applied to your account but this may not be obvious at the time you do it.

For what it's worth, *934# is still valid on a true-h line. I'm currently in the UK and roaming on Vodafone, and it went through 6 times no problem. Confirmed with #123# I'm now valid to 28/5/15.

Caveat: I've had my number for ages, some of the previous comments would suggest you can only do this if your sim's > 3 months use. Mine is also 'registered' in my name I don't know if that makes a difference too...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Truemove sim cards validity cannot be extender for more than 3 months at the orange boonterm machines in front of 7/11. I put 8 times 12 baht and got only 3 months validity...

How long have you had your SIM?

I suspect that in a couple of months you will see the extra validity applied without you having to do anything.

• 7 months later...

I have finally cracked how to extend the validity of the sim card

Enter *934*30# if you want 30 days or *934*60# for 60 or do the same for 90 or 180 and you will then recieve a confirming sms

You can then enter *123# to see the new date....magic!

Referenced in post #28 of this thread.

Called "Quick Add"

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/news_events/others/5158?ln=en

(Use Google translate)

• 2 months later...

Archived