Yingluck ' Woman Of The Year 2013'

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, what exactly did she do for women. ZhouZhou please give me the complete rundown and not the fact she was selected as PM that was a setup from day one

The clue is in the text, it's best to read, then post.

The "Woman of the Year" award is presented to those who are committed to support the development of the roles of Thai women, both at policy and implementation levels.

Association president said Ms Yingluck was chosen woman of the year as she initiated the Thai Women’s Empowerment Funds and the Centre to Eliminate Violence against Women.

She also encouraged more women's engagement in politics.

Ms Yingluck thanked the association for the award and reaffirmed that the women’s empowerment funds will efficiently prepare Thai women to be ready for the ASEAN Community.

She reasserted that she will promote more women's participation in the country's development and that she will accelerate consideration of the bill aimed at increasing female proportion in local politics.

Ok, what exactly did she do for women. ZhouZhou please give me the complete rundown and not the fact she was selected as PM that was a setup from day one

The clue is in the text, it's best to read, then post.

>The "Woman of the Year" award is presented to those who are committed to support the development of the roles of Thai women, both at policy and implementation levels.

Association president said Ms Yingluck was chosen woman of the year as she initiated the Thai Women’s Empowerment Funds and the Centre to Eliminate Violence against Women.

She also encouraged more women's engagement in politics.

Ms Yingluck thanked the association for the award and reaffirmed that the women’s empowerment funds will efficiently prepare Thai women to be ready for the ASEAN Community.

She reasserted that she will promote more women's participation in the country's development and that she will accelerate consideration of the bill aimed at increasing female proportion in local politics.

Obviously this award comes with extremely low standards with very few (1) in the competition.

I don't care what the lovers of haters say.I think she's a fine specimen of a woman w00t.gif .Looking good for her age.She can be my woman of the year anytime whistling.gif .As for being voted woman of the year so early ?,have you ever seen car advertisements ? .Car of the year 2013 in January coffee1.gif

It's not a contest for 'who looks good in a pantsuit with lots of whitening cream' ...is it?

She does not need whitening cream as she is 100% ethnic Chinese

What a surprise. Mouthing platitudes earns you a meaningless award, worth slightly more than an honorary degree from an obscure kiwi university that appears to know SFA about Thai politics.

OzMick,

I seem to be a bit behind the ball here.. she actually went to University in my home country, New Zealand?

Every Thai person I know in New Zealand (I live in Wellington but lived in Auckland all my life until a few years ago) here has an extreme dislike for her, and for the movement which they see is destroying their country. Many are partially westernized and see her not as woman of the year, but a picture of disappointment and feel anger towards her because the way she behaves devalues the traditional Thai woman, and is attempting to instill western attitudes on a culture which is beautiful without it.

It's hard to say really. A lot of Thais that are able to study abroad are the filthy rich that want to get filthy richer.

The locals here love her, but that can be due to the education system which makes them a bunch of mindless lemmings -- in other words they're suckers for anything.

Then there are the plain and simply honest people -- the ones with brains -- that hate her for the right reasons.

So is she a good person because she helps all the poor, stupid, gullible farmers (just how, I'm not sure)? Or is she a bad person because her policies are making the rich not-much-richer?

It's hard to say.

Just love your black and white stereotypes

People who like Yingluck = lemmings with no minds of their own

People who hate Yingluck = plain honest people with brains that hate her for the "right reasons"

Do you honestly expect any reasonable person to take any notice of your posts, if that is the kind of thinking that lies behind them? Not me.

• Like 2

I don't care what the lovers of haters say.I think she's a fine specimen of a woman w00t.gif .Looking good for her age.She can be my woman of the year anytime whistling.gif .As for being voted woman of the year so early ?,have you ever seen car advertisements ? .Car of the year 2013 in January coffee1.gif

It's not a contest for 'who looks good in a pantsuit with lots of whitening cream' ...is it?

She does not need whitening cream as she is 100% ethnic Chinese

Nobody "needs" whitening cream, but it is still bought by Thai ladies with a skin tone similar to a refrigerator.

deserved.

haters gonna hate

Only thing women need now is a brother in Dubai and sky is the limit.

Would be good though if she also empowered women to work, cause following her footsteps, one does not even need to do that.

But you right, i am just a hater

We're only a quarter of the way through 2013 and they announce the winners already!

Or perhaps the results were known in advance? whistling.gif

Exactly my thoughts. What would happen if another woman were to step up in a couple of months from now and do something quite remarkable, deemed to be worthy of such an award, would she be given the 2014 award? It may seem that I am expecting logic to be applied here in Thailand, but I just fail to see why they don't wait the year out before making such awards...?

Just as an aside. I studied at that university in Auckland and can assure you that most that go there do NOT consider it a real university. It is more like the the TAFE colleges in Oz.

To be fair Auckland University of Technology has improved immensely in some faculties, but in many others remain like TAFE in Oz.

University of Auckland ranks first in NZ and did rate 50th worldwide sometime within the last decade, but now bounces usually above 150th.

IMO, AUT might've got free publicity in Thailand so that might attract more Thai students who pay big fees to attend - somewhat of a strategic move financially with so many uni's internationally to choose from these days.

>The "Woman of the Year" award is presented to those who are committed to support the development of the roles of Thai women, both at policy and implementation levels.

And what has the Fund and Centre done?

Maybe if she gave Thai women the same RIGHTS that Thai men enjoy then I could understand her

winning the " woman of the year" award.

As of now, nothing has changed since she been elected to office. Thai women will continue to be 2nd class

citizens in their own country.

A Burmese acquaintance of mine, went from being a man to being a woman (not surgically) - and then a few years later, went back to being a man. He told me that being a woman here, generally drew disrespect (ignored, passed by, not taken seriously, etc.) - compared to being male.

In Thailand you can buy anything. Yes, anything.

....except mechanics' goop, 2-headed nails, combination shingles, framing hammers, and plastic tile spacers.

• Like 1

We're only a quarter of the way through 2013 and they announce the winners already!

Or perhaps the results were known in advance? whistling.gif

All these prizes are a joke now. Obama won the Nobel peace prize after being in office for 8 months. Pretty nice winning that prize for basically winning an election. I guess they really hated Bush that much.

• Like 1

"She also encouraged more women's engagement in politics"

Well at least new female Politicians should turn up for work,more frequently! and the leaders attendance record should be easy to beat.

• Like 1

Is this award open to Thai women only?

I mean, what is Aung San Suu Kyi, chopped liver?

AFAIK, the previous winners in the male and female categories have all been Thai, such as Pavena Hongsakul, who has done a tremendous amount of work for women, such as today's efforts

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630876-3-year-old-thai-girl-still-in-i-c-u-after-left-unattended-all-day-in-parked-school-van/

It's revealing how many times that when women are in need of help, they call upon Pavena's organization for assistance and not Yingluck's unknown/undocumented organization.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

It's a local award presented by the Royal Family.

Actually, in reality, it's selected and presented by a committee that works for an association.

Yingluck being presented her award from the association's president, Pensri Bhijaisanit

womanofthe_zps8e66f7f8.jpg

From Yingluck's public domain Facebook page

Edited by Buchholz

Ms Yingluck was chosen woman of the year as she initiated the Thai Women’s Empowerment Funds and the Centre to Eliminate Violence against Women.

And what have these two organisations done on behalf of that girl on YouTube that had her pride handed over to her, shat out from the backside of a university professor? Or that chick who was beaten black and blue by a bunch of pathetic goons in a shopping mall? Or that Cambodian girl that was caged and tortured for years, burned alive with boiling hot water? Or those prostitutes that were being bitch slapped and knocked about by a bunch of pimps -- also on YouTube?

What have these organisations done... I wonder... I'm sure the funds they generate are also being utilised in a "transparent matter".

The tortured girl was Burmese Karen

It's a local award presented by the Royal Family.

I read the fact in the news article, thank you. The fact strongly implies the award and its conception should lead us to expect it is strictly Thai.

So what's wrong with going outside Thailand, in the instance of Aung San Suu Kyi, to the lady next door to Thailand who is a Nobel Peace Laureate about whom Hollywood had very recently made a high quality movie? (Was the movie played in Thailand?)

Yingluck hadn't been under house arrest the past 25 plus years fighting for a democracy. We know who Yingluck is fighting for. Possibly the award is some sort of peace offering.

Even tho I'm not a fan of PT, I can see Yingluck being an inspiration for Thai girls - particularly girls young enough to not have awareness of political shenanigans and endemic corruption. Yingluck is attractive, and young girls are impressionable.

And maybe some of those young impressionable girls will grow up to be 'real' leaders.

By "real" leaders, do you mean that they will actually accomplish worthwhile goals, or attain positions of authority without nepotism, or even both?

Edited by OzMick

Even tho I'm not a fan of PT, I can see Yingluck being an inspiration for Thai girls - particularly girls young enough to not have awareness of political shenanigans and endemic corruption. Yingluck is attractive, and young girls are impressionable.

I doubt young girls look upon the 45 year-old with a 10 year-old son as "attractive".

For that they would choose someone much, much nearer their own age and is a professional model, actress, or singer. Those are the groups that inspire them for physical attractiveness.

With her hi-so lifestyle, she no doubts inspires financial attractiveness to impressionable youth, but it's a shame that's a false impression as her wealth was given to her, same as her premiership.