Yingluck ' Woman Of The Year 2013'

webfact

And maybe some of those young impressionable girls will grow up to be 'real' leaders.

By "real" leaders, do you mean that they will actually accomplish worthwhile goals, or attain positions of authority without nepotism, or even both?

There are many good definitions of 'real leader'. I believe people want someone who actually makes a difference. Regardless of how that leader attained their position of influence and authority.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even tho I'm not a fan of PT, I can see Yingluck being an inspiration for Thai girls - particularly girls young enough to not have awareness of political shenanigans and endemic corruption. Yingluck is attractive, and young girls are impressionable.

I doubt young girls look upon the 45 year-old with a 10 year-old son as "attractive".

For that they would choose someone much, much nearer their own age and is a professional model, actress, or singer. Those are the groups that inspire them for physical attractiveness.

With her hi-so lifestyle, she no doubts inspires financial attractiveness to impressionable youth, but it's a shame that's a false impression as her wealth was given to her, same as her premiership.

I meant the young girls see a woman who is nice-looking and takes care of her appearance, and who is in a position of power. Young girls have innumerable examples of pretty women (girls to us, older sister figures to them), who are in TV or music biz. But having a female PM can serve as an inspiration to young'uns - who may aspire to power positions when they grow up. In contrast: girls in Arab countries (and most of Africa) don't have such examples. All the power positions are owned by old men.

• Like 1