Suvarnabhumi Ranks No 6 On World's Best Airport List

webfact

Suvarnabhumi ranks no 6 on world's best airport list

640px-Suvarnabhumi_Airport_Departures_Ha
Suvarnabhumi Airport Departures Hall
File phote. Source: Wikipedia.org

BANGKOK, 3 April 2013 (NNT)-Suvarnabhumi reportedly ranked 6th on the Airports Council International (ACI) world's best airport list last year. It is said that the title could not have been without the efforts from all sectors involved on a day to day operation at Suvarnabhumi.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Wilaiwan Nadwilai said Suvarnabhumi is among airports around the world with the capacity to accommodate more than 40 million passengers being ranked annually in terms of service quality standards by the ACI.

Last year, 199 airports contended for top rankings. Each year the ACI surveys around 400,000 airport users whether they are satisfied with the services provided.

They are asked to rate the following aspects of the airport: the accessibility, luggage search, passport checking, sign directions, airport staff services, hygiene and atmosphere; just to name a few.

According to her, the first five best airports are Changi Airport of Singapore, China's Beijing International Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Guangzhou Airport.

The Suvarnabhumi Airport Director has also expressed her gratitude to every employee and staff at the airport who has contributed to the global recognition. She also said that Suvarnabhumi is also aiming to be among the world's top 5 airports by 2014.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-04-03 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suvarnabhumi ranked world’s 6th best airport by size in 2012
By English News

1364968038794.jpg

BANGKOK, April 3 – Suvarnabhumi Airport was awarded the world’s sixth Best Airport by size by the Airports Council International (ACI) in competition with other 17 airports with more than 40 million passengers, according to Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Vilaiwan Nadvilai.

Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport ranking was 7th in 2011.

Under the ACI’s Airport Service Quality awards, 199 airports joined the rankings and more than 400,000 passengers were questioned about their satisfaction in the airport service four times in a year.

The first three Best Airport awards by size went to Singapore’s Changi Airport, Beijing Airport and Hong Kong Airport.

Suvarnabhumi Airport has set target to be in the top five next year.

The higher ranking for Suvarnabhumi Airport is the success of cooperation of all agencies at the airport to improve the airport service, she said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-04-03

good for Suvarnabhumi.

and good to see how the Chinese dominate the top 5 of the world's best airport list.

haters gonna hate.

Regarding the Chinese dominance at the top of the list

Until all the counterfeit components start failing.

I'll reserve my judgement for now :)

• Like 2

is that a joke ? beside the fact that the design is great , this airport is not the most practical. Prices at the duty free are outrageous , when you arrive from long haul you have to walk such a long way to go to immigration , toilets are filthy , immigration is packed ..... I would never put this airport in the top ten airport for sure.

Design is great...!!,...i have worked on industrial sites that were better designed/finished, whats wil the stainless steel scaffold boards for walk ways to the car park...its a very "sterile place, it got no soul as a building

In reality...SUV would actually rank a bit higher if the international community knew how to pronounce the name in English properly....it should be short catching name....for someone who travels mention the name Changi, in previous years Kai tak...and you didnt even have to mention the country...but what do we have in Thailand...."Suvarnabhumi" whose spelling bares no resemblance to how you actually say it...swannna...p.......ah xxxx it...Bangkok international airport.....they could get creative and call it....."Heeello...hansom man..wellcom"

biggrin.png

I agree.. I think they should just change the name officially to Swampy Airport.. that's what most foreigners call it anyway!

is that a joke ? beside the fact that the design is great , this airport is not the most practical. Prices at the duty free are outrageous , when you arrive from long haul you have to walk such a long way to go to immigration , toilets are filthy , immigration is packed ..... I would never put this airport in the top ten airport for sure.

Design is great...!!,...i have worked on industrial sites that were better designed/finished, whats wil the stainless steel scaffold boards for walk ways to the car park...its a very "sterile place, it got no soul as a building

In reality...SUV would actually rank a bit higher if the international community knew how to pronounce the name in English properly....it should be short catching name....for someone who travels mention the name Changi, in previous years Kai tak...and you didnt even have to mention the country...but what do we have in Thailand...."Suvarnabhumi" whose spelling bares no resemblance to how you actually say it...swannna...p.......ah xxxx it...Bangkok international airport.....they could get creative and call it....."Heeello...hansom man..wellcom"

Suwanboom, that's how it's spelled and that's how it sounds when spoken by a Thai. I agree, the official spelling is confusing ad silly, yet that's the pattern for transliteration of Thai words to English/Roman spelling. Thousands of such transliterations are either wrong and/or confusing. Every Thai - English dictionary is rife with such mistakes. Thais don't (and aren't expected to) know, but farang are fully aware of this problem.

• Like 1

from skytrax the most prestigious brand associated with the recognition and reviews of air travel standards worldwide, has recently released the annual report of the World Airline Awards and World Airport Awards

Incheon International Airport

Singapore Changi Airport

Hong Kong International Airport

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Beijing Capital International Airport

Munich Airport

Zurich Airport

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Vancouver International Airport

Central Japan International Airport

Edited by akampa
  • Like 2

good for Suvarnabhumi.

and good to see how the Chinese dominate the top 5 of the world's best airport list.

haters gonna hate.

I don't see why anybody would hate anything about the other results ?

But if Swampy was supposed to become the Asian-Hub, and it doesn't make the top-5 in Asia, even after transferring all the LCCs to Don Muang, perhaps it is still some way from achieving its original target ?

Maybe it will go up the list, once the expansion-plans have been completed, and so long as all those lo-so travellers don't crowd up the place !

• Like 2

In reality...SUV would actually rank a bit higher if the international community knew how to pronounce the name in English properly....it should be short catching name....for someone who travels mention the name Changi, in previous years Kai tak...and you didnt even have to mention the country...but what do we have in Thailand...."Suvarnabhumi" whose spelling bares no resemblance to how you actually say it...swannna...p.......ah f*kc it...Bangkok international airport.....they could get creative and call it....."Heeello...hansom man..wellcom"

biggrin.png

I agree.. I think they should just change the name officially to Swampy Airport.. that's what most foreigners call it anyway!

never heard anyone call it "Swampy Airport".

biggrin.png

The only good name it could have -----RAMA 9 International Airport. BKK

In reality...SUV would actually rank a bit higher if the international community knew how to pronounce the name in English properly....it should be short catching name....for someone who travels mention the name Changi, in previous years Kai tak...and you didnt even have to mention the country...but what do we have in Thailand...."Suvarnabhumi" whose spelling bares no resemblance to how you actually say it...swannna...p.......ah f*kc it...Bangkok international airport.....they could get creative and call it....."Heeello...hansom man..wellcom"

biggrin.png

Suppose you are joking--come on --do you live here ??? I'm sorry but if you live here you must be a prisoner in some Thai rural house.

Have you ever spoken to any farangs here ?? Most Thais only would say they have never heard of it.

• Like 2

While I personally dislike Suvarnabhumi Airport myself, I will admit that I have travelled through much worse airports.

What I don't understand is why so many long time residents here seem to hate everything about this country that they are living in. So what if Swampy is ranked 6th in the world? What does it matter? If you disagree, why must you express such disbelief? Why not just keep quiet and let it slide? Do you really have so much free time on your hand?

its called freedom of speech. arguing, debating and thrashing each other online is one thing, but asking one to be quiet and let it slide despite disagreeing? are you trying to deny the efforts by the millions of folks who died fighting for the freedom of speech? are you a pro communist? your post is ridiculous and have you not realized you are the first in this thread to begin the typical forum personal attacks

• Like 2

Suppose you are joking--come on --do you live here ??? I'm sorry but if you live here you must be a prisoner in some Thai rural house.

Have you ever spoken to any farangs here ?? Most Thais only would say they have never heard of it.

foreigner i know are young urban professionals and are polite and don't speak gangsta slang or low-class language but use the proper words for it.

• Like 2