Suvarnabhumi Ranks No 6 On World's Best Airport List

webfact

from skytrax the most prestigious brand associated with the recognition and reviews of air travel standards worldwide, has recently released the annual report of the World Airline Awards and World Airport Awards

Incheon International Airport

Singapore Changi Airport

Hong Kong International Airport

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Beijing Capital International Airport

Munich Airport

Zurich Airport

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Vancouver International Airport

Central Japan International Airport

This seems much more like it. While one could perhaps argue between Singapore and Soeul there is no question but that these 2 have to be near the top. No way does Swampy outrank Incheon in any respect.

For that matter, hard to see what would cause Swampy to rank high at all......certainly not anywhere in the top 10.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I know based on what I read in the reviews ... What is it with you Hi So's that you can't even understand what you are reading ...??...Why don't you just read the comments of the people who posted in the reviews and then decide rather than guess as you are doing now... I read them and that was my conclusion ... and has nothing to do with being too tight/// ...but for arrogant people who can flaunt 150 usd for a 6 hour sleep or rather 4 after the trip to get to the fancy hotel and settle in I guess yes, we all sound like poor mongrels to you such great Hi So's ....

Hahahah hilarious! So many contradictions...

What has 6 or 4 hours got to do with it? Was it not you who claimed to have a 9 hour layover in PEK? Ever spent 9 hours in an airport before?

Having spent 12 hours in an airport myself, I can assure you it's not fun - even with the added "HiSo" perk of lounge access - I won't be in a rush to do be doing it again...

Alas, must dash... The hilarity of your post made me spray my soy decaf latte over my iPad and I must hand this one back and have it replaced post haste lest I miss another of your fabulously worldly gems.

TTFN...

Soy decaf latte? Is this Latte Macchiato for sissies?

I said I know based on what I read in the reviews ... What is it with you Hi So's that you can't even understand what you are reading ...??...Why don't you just read the comments of the people who posted in the reviews and then decide rather than guess as you are doing now... I read them and that was my conclusion ... and has nothing to do with being too tight/// ...but for arrogant people who can flaunt 150 usd for a 6 hour sleep or rather 4 after the trip to get to the fancy hotel and settle in I guess yes, we all sound like poor mongrels to you such great Hi So's ....

What has 6 or 4 hours got to do with it? Was it not you who claimed to have a 9 hour layover in PEK? Ever spent 9 hours in an airport before?

Having spent 12 hours in an airport myself, I can assure you it's not fun - even with the added "HiSo" perk of lounge access - I won't be in a rush to do be doing it again...

Alas, must dash... The hilarity of your post made me spray my soy decaf latte over my iPad and I must hand this one back and have it replaced post haste lest I miss another of your fabulously worldly gems.

TTFN...

Dear Grandma Smith ....Soy .. Decaf .. coffeee .... !!! OMG get a life while you are out there buying yourself another Hi So Ipad at what are they going for now ... down to 16,000 Baht for the low range ... and yes I know you can afford the top of he range and pay a lot more and be one of those boring ones sitting in WIFI FREE places streaming your beautiful pudgy fingers up and down and across the large screen to try an impress everybody around you as to how computer savvy you are ...!! Joy to the world !!... Bye ..Bue . Buyeee ... How boring you are ... Yup 9 hours translates to = clearing customs , and maybe even immigration + getting a grip on where to go and where to get some decent food and find out where you need to go to check in for your next flight ( 9 Hours away ) .... and on and on ... Have you never travelled ...??

Oh dear, anabel is losing it . . .

• Grandma Smith as opposed to Grant Smith - quite witty . . . well, not really
  • Hi-So iPad
  • OMG
  • Soy Decaf Coffee
  • Beautiful pudgy fingers
  • Joy to the world
  • Bye Bue Buyeee

Does 9 hours really translate to clearing customs and MAYBE immigration plus getting a grip on where to go to get some decent food and . . . . drumroll . . . find out where you need to go to check in for your next flight . . . and then she asks if he has ever traveled? clap2.gif

anabel . . . I thought you already KNEW all that due to your fabulous sleuthing on the internet

anabel, I'm trying to help here . . . if you are thinking about going through immigration . . . have you thought about visa requirements to enter the PRC?

This ain't Kansas (or Bath or Hobart) no mo', Dorothy

Edited by Sing_Sling
  • Like 1

TTFN...

Dear Grandma Smith ....Soy .. Decaf .. coffeee .... !!! OMG get a life while you are out there buying yourself another Hi So Ipad at what are they going for now ... down to 16,000 Baht for the low range ... and yes I know you can afford the top of he range and pay a lot more and be one of those boring ones sitting in WIFI FREE places streaming your beautiful pudgy fingers up and down and across the large screen to try an impress everybody around you as to how computer savvy you are ...!! Joy to the world !!... Bye ..Bue . Buyeee ... How boring you are ... Yup 9 hours translates to = clearing customs , and maybe even immigration + getting a grip on where to go and where to get some decent food and find out where you need to go to check in for your next flight ( 9 Hours away ) .... and on and on ... Have you never travelled ...??

Oh dear, anabel is losing it . . .

• Grandma Smith as opposed to Grant Smith - quite witty . . . well, not really
  • Hi-So iPad
  • OMG
  • Soy Decaf Coffee
  • Beautiful pudgy fingers
  • Joy to the world
  • Bye Bue Buyeee

Does 9 hours really translate to clearing customs and MAYBE immigration plus getting a grip on where to go to get some decent food and . . . . drumroll . . . find out where you need to go to check in for your next flight . . . and then she asks if he has ever traveled? clap2.gif

anabel . . . I thought you already KNEW all that due to your fabulous sleuthing on the internet

anabel, I'm trying to help here . . . if you are thinking about going through immigration . . . have you thought about visa requirements to enter the PRC?

This ain't Kansas (or Bath or Hobart) no mo', Dorothy

From the 1st January 2013, passport holders of following 45 countries and regions will be granted a visa-free stay of up to 72 hours while in transit via Beijing Capital Airport (PEK) and Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) & Hongqiao International Airport (SHA):

Awww... Annabel... Did you not get enough hugs as a child? There there petal... It'll be ok... Trust me, I read about it on the internet so it must be true...

Heaven forbid I would sit with the LoSo and use free wifi.. No no no... I will be utilising my 3G+ because as you well know (again because you read it on the Internet) that I'm HiSo so I can afford it...

Seems you're not one for the old sarcasm game but that's ok, I also read on the internet that there's a cure for that also, surely it can't be wrong either...

So.... Thanks for the explanation of your 9 hour rule, but what about the 4 or 6 - how does that all tie in together?

As for travelling, nope, never done it... I'm still trying to figure out how I actually got to Bangkok...

p.s As for your little bit of wit in 'Grandma Smith' - I'm doing pretty well for a granny then hey... HiSo lifestyle, computer literate, iPad...

This was fun and I digress that unfortunately the powers that be will remove this in due course, but maybe we can do this again. After of course when you come back next month and give your real opinion of PEK airport...

Awww... Annabel... Did you not get enough hugs as a child? There there petal... It'll be ok... Trust me, I read about it on the internet so it must be true...

Heaven forbid I would sit with the LoSo and use free wifi.. No no no... I will be utilising my 3G+ because as you well know (again because you read it on the Internet) that I'm HiSo so I can afford it...

Seems you're not one for the old sarcasm game but that's ok, I also read on the internet that there's a cure for that also, surely it can't be wrong either...

So.... Thanks for the explanation of your 9 hour rule, but what about the 4 or 6 - how does that all tie in together?

As for travelling, nope, never done it... I'm still trying to figure out how I actually got to Bangkok...

p.s As for your little bit of wit in 'Grandma Smith' - I'm doing pretty well for a granny then hey... HiSo lifestyle, computer literate, iPad...

This was fun and I digress that unfortunately the powers that be will remove this in due course, but maybe we can do this again. After of course when you come back next month and give your real opinion of PEK airport...

Dear Grandma Smith .... biggrin.png as well as all the other interested parties of Beijing Capital International Airport tongue.png ... Thank you and to all... have a nice and cool Songkran !! I will definitely save this TV posting in favorites so that I can give you my honest and real unbiaised opinion of this "Skytrax rating of it being the 5th best airport " albeit all the reviews I have read that classify it as totally sub standard.. Let's see and hope they are all wrong and that my 9 hour layover will be a very pleasant experience... surely things have improved tremendously since I was last there in 2006 ... smile.png ... still deciding on the airport lounges for a 5 hour max rest that they offer , or the other lounges at hourly rates that are quite expensive , versus going to one of the the nearby hotels which involves a lot more time as have to clear customs and immigration and well yup, it is nevertheless a free cost visa for transit passengers ... but really worth the time and effort ..?? Anyway I will definitely let you know after I have done it !!

Take care and again Happy Songkran to all !!