Something On Me Bread.

Vinny1967

When I lived back in europe,I'd love to have a sandwich during the day.I'd buy tuna spread,or ham or whatever and have me sandwich with a cup of soup.Over here I can't find anything decent to put on me bread.Sandwich spreads are revolting,ham is crap unless you break the bank and buy some imported stuff.I've reduced myself to eating peanut butter sandwiches,or the odd bit of pate but apart from that,there ain't a whole lot to put on bread in Thailand.Anyone know where I can get some decent sandwich spreads ?

Marmite, you can get in most supermarkets.

marmite_2321702b.jpg

ick...the photo is like spreading feces on toast...

but it is a good dietary supplement; in the US it's called 'brewer's yeast' and has a lot of B vitamins that you wouldn't get elsewhere...which is good to know if ye drink too much alcohol...

Make your own, I do.

1 250 gm package cream cheese, 1 small tub sour cream, 200 grams smoked salmon chopped, big spoon aofcapers, squeeze of lemon juice, small dab of horseradish, salt pepper. Let the cream cheese get to room temperature then mix it all together. Doesn't last long in my fridge and certainly isn;t dietetic!

With either fresh or toasted bread, spread half an avocado on it, liberal sprinkling of black pepper, then some sliced tomato (with perhaps just a hint of salt). Great breakfast or snack.

You can make a paste from this. Add some crushed garlic, a few drops of olive oil (and soya source) and turn it into a smooth spread. Sprinkling black pepper on and garnish with tomatoes, as you said.

tin tuna , best food mayo sliced tomato

there are also plenty of locally produced western style hams available not that expensive at around 120 - 150b for 250 g

some decent cheese also available from the likes of tesco

plenty of stuff here to put in sandwiches

also some good breads available again from stores like tesco

With either fresh or toasted bread, spread half an avocado on it, liberal sprinkling of black pepper, then some sliced tomato (with perhaps just a hint of salt). Great breakfast or snack.

if h cant afford sandwich ham or cold cuts, he most certainly is not buying avocados

Buy some imported avocados and when soft can be used on bread just like butter.

Tuna spread?

Well, I make my own tuna salad here and it's very delicious.

Start with steak style tuna packed in water and add stuff to taste:

celery, hot peppers, chopped onions, chopped olives, soy sauce, non-Thai mayo, etc.

The celery makes it special.

Edited by Jingthing

if h cant afford sandwich ham or cold cuts, he most certainly is not buying avocados

At 69 baht or less not too much to pay as it cover two or even three slices of bread............go on, live dangerously!!

why do you say me bread instead of my bread

Cause that's the way I talk chuck tongue.png

I do make my own tuna salad.Take a can of tuna,mix with mayo,sliced onion,dried italian herbs,chopped tomato and some lettuce.Put the whole lot into a big bowl and mix it up and there ya go.Won't do it everyday mind you.

I don't mind paying a bit extra for some quality ham,but I'm damned if I'm paying 300 or 400 bht for 4 slices of canadian ham again.blink.png

why do you say me bread instead of my bread

Cause that's the way I talk chuck tongue.png

I do make my own tuna salad.Take a can of tuna,mix with mayo,sliced onion,dried italian herbs,chopped tomato and some lettuce.Put the whole lot into a big bowl and mix it up and there ya go.Won't do it everyday mind you.

I don't mind paying a bit extra for some quality ham,but I'm damned if I'm paying 300 or 400 bht for 4 slices of canadian ham again.blink.png

try tesco for ham, swiss cottage i think its called not sure on price but it aint that much also the cheese from austraila is not a bad price about 170 a pack 3 different strengths would make a few sandwiches

waydaminit...I thought that the thread was about marmite on toast...

what I do is to load up on mexican style frijoles from the local supermarket in the middle east before I come home to rural Thailand...then toast some bread and then slice it in half while the beans are being heated in the microwave...and then I take a half slice of toast and with thumb and forefinger wrap it around the beans...I might even dose it with some tabasco...tastes good and gives a flavor of 'home'...

the step daughter watches and wrinkles her nose in disgust and I then thrust the mixture into her face and say: 'eat that, goddamit, ye don't know what yer missin'...'