Phuket Immigration Task Force Targetting Foreigners Nabs Russian

webfact

The open targeting AND reporting of ONLY Russians in relation to work permits in Phuket is racist - even if Russians are the main offenders, the authorities are making it very clear they do not like Russians and do not want them there. What about all the Kiwis, Aussies and Brits all over the country working without permits? I say this because I only ever read about Russians getting their cracks down here, which appears a little one eyed.

I really wish someone in this country (who had the authority to have a voice) stood up to the open racism and xenophobia communicated and demonstrated by the establishment.

When you come to my country, my dearest Thai friends, you can work beside me, you can work above me, or you can work below me - based on your own merits, not your skin color, nor your connections or financial position. How about the same fair deal in your homeland? Do you not love your country enough to share it with those that want to help make it a big success?

Thailand is already successful it doesn't need any help from Johnny Foreigner. It you don't like open racism you can leave and go to Europe, North America or the finest Australia where they are just as racist but less open about it, oh hang on yes they are open about it too. Hmm America loves the Mexicans and invites them over their borders to work freely openly and honestly don't they? Uk rushing through retrospective laws to stop mass immigration because they too love people coming and taking locals jobs! and Australia well where do you start with Australia. Where is this utopia you are from, Africa? Never a racist soul to be found in Africa is there? Middle east and their open free societies.

But is ok you just moan about a few Russians without passports working illegally and then have the cheek to pull the race card...

Hey...what's wrong with Australia? Australians are pretty tolerant, there are always exceptions, but as a whole they are.

I do agree with some people that Thai's business laws are restrictive and holding them back, with the bringing in of skilled people to open business that will benefit locals with new knowledge, better knowledge or better leadership in many areas. If you think Thai's can even compete in many industry's around the world...well......

I personally don't like the Russians, same as I don't like the Chinese, because they are down right rude and disrespectful, but it's due to where they come from. They should be cracking down on them, true. But they should also be making it easier for legitimate business operations to come to Thailand within specific sectors, not around tourism, shop ownership etc.

Have you missed the fact that a big % of business in LOS is run by Chinese.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ stevenl

Ok, so, if the Russian "tour operator" says to the Russian girl, "your work permit is in our office - just tell everyone that" - just like the same BS the timeshare Brits say - maybe she believes it, or she believes the right people have been paid off, and she starts work. Now she's the enemy of all Thai's on Phuket for taking Thai jobs and arrested and deported.

It's called, a scapegoat. :)

• Like 1

i guess what russian will start to do : only approach russian tourists and speak russian

problem solved as i don't see thai police being able to speak russian ...

they can speak some english : you pay me now !

• Like 1

The open targeting AND reporting of ONLY Russians in relation to work permits in Phuket is racist - even if Russians are the main offenders, the authorities are making it very clear they do not like Russians and do not want them there. What about all the Kiwis, Aussies and Brits all over the country working without permits? I say this because I only ever read about Russians getting their cracks down here, which appears a little one eyed.

I really wish someone in this country (who had the authority to have a voice) stood up to the open racism and xenophobia communicated and demonstrated by the establishment.

When you come to my country, my dearest Thai friends, you can work beside me, you can work above me, or you can work below me - based on your own merits, not your skin color, nor your connections or financial position. How about the same fair deal in your homeland? Do you not love your country enough to share it with those that want to help make it a big success?

Thailand is already successful it doesn't need any help from Johnny Foreigner. It you don't like open racism you can leave and go to Europe, North America or the finest Australia where they are just as racist but less open about it, oh hang on yes they are open about it too. Hmm America loves the Mexicans and invites them over their borders to work freely openly and honestly don't they? Uk rushing through retrospective laws to stop mass immigration because they too love people coming and taking locals jobs! and Australia well where do you start with Australia. Where is this utopia you are from, Africa? Never a racist soul to be found in Africa is there? Middle east and their open free societies.

But is ok you just moan about a few Russians without passports working illegally and then have the cheek to pull the race card...

Hey...what's wrong with Australia? Australians are pretty tolerant, there are always exceptions, but as a whole they are.

I do agree with some people that Thai's business laws are restrictive and holding them back, with the bringing in of skilled people to open business that will benefit locals with new knowledge, better knowledge or better leadership in many areas. If you think Thai's can even compete in many industry's around the world...well......

I personally don't like the Russians, same as I don't like the Chinese, because they are down right rude and disrespectful, but it's due to where they come from. They should be cracking down on them, true. But they should also be making it easier for legitimate business operations to come to Thailand within specific sectors, not around tourism, shop ownership etc.

Correct transam.

Old Chinese from way back.

Nouveau riche Russians and Chinese are a different breed.

I live in Beijing and have home and family in LOS, so I know a little about about what is going on.

I am sure it is to get a grip on the Russian mafia, by far the biggest mafia in the world. If you ever have visited Russia, you will know that Russians just don't know how to behave properly, they have the same habits when they are overseas.

Russians are NOT westerners, they are a nationality abused by 80 years of communism and the associated extreme corruption that that entails with one of the lowest life expectancies in the Caucasian world. They have white skins but their behaviour is totally different from western europeans.

Trust me,we all are better off if authorities deal with Russians NOW.Most people seem to have very naive picture about them!Sooner Thai's close these entrepreneurs down the better!!

A foreigner who is helpful to foreigners, helping them in a way that Thais cannot (giving info to them, and communicating to them in Russian) is arrested in a tourist area for helping foreigner on their holiday here.

Well done Thailand. Perhaps raiding Thai policestations for plastic bags full of cash and cells with suspects being tortured in might be a better way to spend an afternoon. Perhaps even going around the beaches and picking up all the plastic crap that the Thais toss over their shoulders might be. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Almera

A foreigner who is helpful to foreigners, helping them in a way that Thais cannot (giving info to them, and communicating to them in Russian) is arrested in a tourist area for helping foreigner on their holiday here.

Well done Thailand. Perhaps raiding Thai policestations for plastic bags full of cash and cells with suspects being tortured in might be a better way to spend an afternoon. Perhaps even going around the beaches and picking up all the plastic crap that the Thais toss over their shoulders might be. rolleyes.gif

Nouveau Riche Russians have no interest in Thailand apart from what they take can take.

The same in London, and in Beijing.

• Like 1

I am sure it is to get a grip on the Russian mafia, by far the biggest mafia in the world. If you ever have visited Russia, you will know that Russians just don't know how to behave properly, they have the same habits when they are overseas.

Russians are NOT westerners, they are a nationality abused by 80 years of communism and the associated extreme corruption that that entails with one of the lowest life expectancies in the Caucasian world. They have white skins but their behaviour is totally different from western europeans.

Trust me,we all are better off if authorities deal with Russians NOW.Most people seem to have very naive picture about them!Sooner Thai's close these entrepreneurs down the better!!

+1

LOL! Did you actually read the article? Yet another Russian working in the tourist industry was caught without a work permit, a passport or visa. What would your country do? Say thanks for helping the tourists? There are laws here, although they are selectively enforced!

^^ Next thing they'll be cutting Laos girls in half with their Porches, killing 70 odd in their burning nightclubs, torturing and murdering teenagers and hanging them from trees, and never see one second of prison despite being 'convicted' of such in courts of *ahem* law..

Get 'em out now. Thailand is for the Thais.

Edited by Almera

LOL! Did you actually read the article? Yet another Russian working in the tourist industry was caught without a work permit, a passport or visa. What would your country do?

Give them a 5 bedroom house and the equivalent of 200,000 rupleskis a week in welfare.

Edited by Almera

Well done Thailand. Perhaps raiding Thai policestations for plastic bags full of cash and cells with suspects being tortured in might be a better way to spend an afternoon. Perhaps even going around the beaches and picking up all the plastic crap that the Thais toss over their shoulders might be. :rolleyes:

LOL! Did you actually read the article? Yet another Russian working in the tourist industry was caught without a work permit, a passport or visa. What would your country do?[/

Give them a 5 bedroom house and the equivalent of 200,000 rupleskis a week in welfare.

You got a problem with injustice? So do plenty of posters on TV.

Me included.

Thailand needs to deal with the Russian problem. Now.

No I didn't, I am aware of that. But you can't change what happen generations ago. They are not Chinese born, moved to Thailand to open big business. They are Thai-Chinese and for all purposes Thai. Sure there are some Chinese who opened businesses here, within the law, but the majority are those Thai-Chinese.

I don't see what your point is anyway. Should I have said, I don't like China born Chinese and Russia born Russians, because of their attitudes?

• Like 1

This is the 3rd recent incident (off the top of my head) where a Russian person was unable (unwilling?) to produce a passport. How is it they get into the country in the first place?

The Ruskies stuff the workers in large suitcases when they are 12 and ship them to Thailand, once they are old enough they put them to work in the tour shops.

• Like 1

Thais have an instinctive dislike of the Russians.

If the Thai policeman could get away with taking matters into his own hands he would.

No I didn't, I am aware of that. But you can't change what happen generations ago. They are not Chinese born, moved to Thailand to open big business. They are Thai-Chinese and for all purposes Thai. Sure there are some Chinese who opened businesses here, within the law, but the majority are those Thai-Chinese.

I don't see what your point is anyway. Should I have said, I don't like China born Chinese and Russia born Russians, because of their attitudes?

Say what you like. Russians doing business in LOS are doing it for themselves and most of it is dodgy.

Australians and Kiwis seem to lack a grasp of the Thai mentality even more than the US.

Thais don't like Russians.

Comprehend?

Thailand needs.....

5 posts and 'Thailand needs....'

You'll fit in well son, you'll fit in well. Though I predict years of angst and bitterness ahead.

Been there, done that.

Probably end up in a pot in a wat.

ATB

Ah is BTB back yet again?

what your country does, doesn't matter. I am happy for Thai, I wish my country did the same instead, most Canadians couldn't dream of jobs for Canadians first or affording a home in the real estate stock market . Thailand would be worse off for letting every greedy farang do what they pleaset

No, she was arrested for working without a workpermit. Helping is no problem, but that is not what she was doing.

The last thing the Thai mafia needs is the Russian mafia moving in LOL

I do not feel sorry for any of them if they are being that obvious and flaunting the law. Let's face it working with out a permit is dangerous not having a passport is stupid. Me thinks this lady worked in a kiosk by day and hotel room by night.

• Like 1

if I was a Russian tour operator I would remove phuket or Thailand as dream destination , what would be the lost if all Russian stopped to come to Thailand ? As it doesn't exist with other nationalities.

What a great idea - don't supose they could also remove Pattaya as a dream destination and stop them all coming

Please do stop them coming to Pattaya and especially staying in Jomtien making it that much harder to get a baht bus home after a night in town during the high season.

Alan

if I was a Russian tour operator I would remove phuket or Thailand as dream destination , what would be the lost if all Russian stopped to come to Thailand ? As it doesn't exist with other nationalities.

What a great idea - don't supose they could also remove Pattaya as a dream destination and stop them all coming

Please do stop them coming to Pattaya and especially staying in Jomtien making it that much harder to get a baht bus home after a night in town during the high season.

Alan

The baht bus is the reason they are going to Pattaya. :) :)

"Thais dislike russians" thats correct,but then Thais don`t seem to like foreigners at all,so there`s nothing new here.

And for those who think the russians will stop coming and the Thais will throw them out,you`re living in a dreamworld.....to much money at stake here for the big players on both sides wink.png !!

Ooh, those naughty Russians, speaking Russian to Russian tourists. What is this place coming to?

Don't think the Thai police officer she was trying to sell tours to was Russian.

Well, he might have been in a hurry?

Boom! Boom! biggrin.png