Victim Of Vicious Phuket Pit Bull Attack In Fight To Save Leg

webfact

Victim of vicious Phuket pit bull attack in fight to save leg
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- The Phuket resident savaged by a neighbor’s pit bull terriers in February – after he ran out of his house to help a woman who was being attacked by the dogs – is still in hospital fighting to save his right leg, which sustained a deep wound in the attack.

Tiensak Aikpaiboon, 33, underwent another operation on his leg Wednesday morning, Tiensak’s mother, Benjarat, told the Phuket Gazette.

“He had an operation Wednesday, but went into shock and was taken into the intensive care unit [iCU]. He was released from the ICU Wednesday evening,” she said.

“The doctor operated on his right leg, which has a deep hole that is close to the bone. We are doing our best to keep his leg,” Mrs Benjarat said.

Mr Tiensak’s condition stabilized overnight.

“He is okay now, resting in the hospital. However, he still needs at least two more operations,” Mrs Benjarat said yesterday.

Mr Tiensak is now receiving treatment at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok, as per his mother’s request. Medical bills to save her son have spiralled to over one million baht.

“On March 12, he had a skin graft to repair his leg wounds at Phuket International Hospital, but he went into shock the next day. He was in the ICU for four days,” Mrs Benjarat explained.

“Then we moved him to Bangkok on March 20,” she added.

“So far, I have paid over one million baht for medical treatment, and there will be more bills for future treatments and surgeries, such as the two operations he will need in the next two to three weeks,” Mrs Benjarat said.

Mr Tiensak, speaking briefly to the Gazette by phone, said in a weak voice, “My wounds still hurt.”

Seeking justice is likely to take time as police confirmed they have not taken any action against the owners of the pit bulls that carried out the vicious attack on a public street.

“The dog owners have yet to be charged. We are still investigating the case,” Lt Col Sanich Nookong of the Wichit Police told the Gazette yesterday.

He explained that progress in the case was taking time “because both parties must come in together to settle the problem at the police station.”

“We cannot make any progress in the case until both parties are free to enter negotiations at the station,” Col Sanich said.

Mrs Benjarat’s lawyer said the family will be seeking damages by civil suit against the dogs’ owners, named as Prasert and Jantra Kulweeraaree, 69 and 65 years old.

“We will file for compensation, but it will be after the medical treatment has concluded because Mrs Benjarat is busy with her son at the hospital,” her lawyer said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Victim-of-vicious-Phuket-pit-bull-attack-in-fight-to-save-leg-20698.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-04-05

Is the dog still alive? If so, why?

We had the thread (now closed) about when this incident happened. Or when it was reported anyway. Not gonna get into that again...

But you are correct. And my guess would be it's still alive.

It is really fantastic that there are soo many people that defend these monsters to dogs... I do not understand some people..... My suggestion is to kill all of these pitbulls and similar dogs and keep the nice ones.....

glegolo

It is obvious that the Wichit Police are very, very weak men. To not have charged this couple for their heinous dog yet is inexcusable. This dog must be put down, no matter how this is settled. One way or another. Period.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought I read an article a few years ago that Pitbulls,Radwiellers and other vicious breed dogs were outlawed in Thailand, just for this reason......???? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I thought that too.

Problem is enforcing it. Who would enforce this law if there was such a one? The BIB are far too busy. whistling.gif

I thought I read an article a few years ago that Pitbulls,Radwiellers and other vicious breed dogs were outlawed in Thailand, just for this reason......???? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If these Pitbulls are illegal in Thailand, then they are as illegal as going through a red light....

• Like 1

This incident happened in Febuary and these animals , both he dogs and the owners have not been taken to task.

The police are waiting for both parties to negotiate ?. These dogs should have been put down immediately and the owners should have been charged but instead the police just sit around waiting for their cut. A bloody disgrace. However simply par for the course here in Thailand.

• Like 2

Where are the usual Pit owners/lovers today?

Same place as the bashers.

I suppose its the dogs fault also that he went into shock after the surgeryrolleyes.gif

no wonder police has not taken any action, as the story AGAIN has changed.

Last story was, he walked past the house, now again to he went to help.

Last story, he was about to be released, this story he needs more and more surgery's.

Funny that, also after the dog owner agreed to pay some money with which mother was not happy, she moved her son to even more expansive hospital

Some breeds are just an insane human creation.

The dog is maybe not responsible for the way its breed has been selected to be as aggressive as possible. The problem is not there

These beasts are weapons they owners are not forced to register (unlike firearms) and anyway are not able to keep a reasonable (let alone full) control on.

The very existence of this kind of creatures is a human mistake.

There is no reason for the general public to have to risk being awfully maimed (see other similar news) just because some insecure people need to own such animals to feel better.

I like dogs (and I own some) but I'm in favor of getting rid of these weapons.

It is really fantastic that there are soo many people that defend these monsters to dogs... I do not understand some people..... My suggestion is to kill all of these pitbulls and similar dogs and keep the nice ones.....

glegolo

I never liked those dogs, do not trust them.

Well I can't make a statement about Pitbulls but I can tell you for a fact that Rottweilers are very gentle dogs. I have 6 cousins that have owned Rottweilers for over 30 years and they have been the sweetest dogs you could have.

My belief is that any dog can be vicious it is all a matter of how it is trained by the owner. The big difference is when a large dog bites you there is severe damage and it is difficult to stop it, where as a vicious Chihuahua can be crushed easily.

• Like 1

I suppose its the dogs fault also that he went into shock after the surgeryrolleyes.gif

Last story, he was about to be released, this story he needs more and more surgery's.

Funny that, also after the dog owner agreed to pay some money with which mother was not happy, she moved her son to even more expansive hospital

I know this family over 30+ years they are very good people and have done many things to help foreigners here in Thailand living and dead( they paid for phone calls to locate travelers the families of travelers who had passed away in Thailand to inform there families as the embassies really don't always do there jobs properly.

Also they thought the boy was getting better but found he was getting worse as there was an infection in his leg they have moved him to a cheaper hospital that actually do a better job.

I know this family over 30+ years they are very good people and have done many things to help foreigners here in Thailand living and dead( they paid for phone calls to locate travelers the families of travelers who had passed away in Thailand to inform there families as the embassies really don't always do there jobs properly.

Also they thought the boy was getting better but found he was getting worse as there was an infection in his leg they have moved him to a cheaper hospital that actually do a better job.

Bangkok Hospital is cheaper?rolleyes.gif

30 years old is a boy?

You sure you know the family?

so what is the lesson today, do nothing if it is not your family ?

people are not in jail ? dog not put down ?

the vitim will probably never see one cent ...

isn't there a victim fund to pay for all this ?

READ again, Owner of the dogs agreed to pay before, but mother refused to accept it.

The next step is to file law suit and prove your side.

READ again, Owner of the dogs agreed to pay before, but mother refused to accept it.

Yes, of course the victim refused. Damages of over 1 mio Baht in hospital expenses only, and they only offer to pay a small percentage of that. They are responsible but are not taking any responsibility at all. So a civil and criminal suit seem to be the only way to settle this.

Yes, of course the victim refused. Damages of over 1 mio Baht in hospital expenses only, and they only offer to pay a small percentage of that. They are responsible but are not taking any responsibility at all. So a civil and criminal suit seem to be the only way to settle this.

At the time of agreeing to pay, damages were under 700K, you call 50% ONLY a small %?

If they were not taking any responsibility, they would not be offering to pay medical bills no matter how little you may think it is, would they?

Ever thought that the attack may have happened on the owners land? not outside and hence why owner only offered to pay half

If the dog was free roaming the owner should take full responsibility. I got dogs and I would take full responsibility It is not strange for someone to want the best care for her son. Again it is not strange for the dog owner to want to make sure the costs should not skyrocket but he is responsible.

I can understand that she is suing for damages I would do the same, its not just hospital costs loss of income ect ect..

Different story though if the guy came onto the land of the dog owner (if fenced off) then it would not be the dog owner his or her responsibility.

At the time of agreeing to pay, damages were under 700K, you call 50% ONLY a small %?

If they were not taking any responsibility, they would not be offering to pay medical bills no matter how little you may think it is, would they?

Ever thought that the attack may have happened on the owners land? not outside and hence why owner only offered to pay half

Can you read? Said many times over, the attack happened on the street. You may say differently, but your saying so does not change the facts.

So the dog owners are very much dodging their responsibility and need to be punished for this, criminally and financially.

Edited by stevenl

Can you read? Said many times over, the attack happened on the street. You may say differently, but your saying so does not change the facts.

So the dog owners are very much dodging their responsibility and need to be punished for this, criminally and financially.

Really, where does it say attack happened on the street?rolleyes.gif

In one version it said he walked past the house and got attacked, in another version it said he went in, to help a woman who was being attacked

You have trouble reading yourself there, NO?!

Dog owner offered to pay over 300K , months ago, you call this dodging? No need to answer, you know more than anyone elseblink.png

In one version it said he walked past the house and got attacked, in another version it said he went in, to help a woman who was being attacked

Dog owner offered to pay over 300K , months ago, you call this dodging? No need to answer, you know more than anyone elseblink.png

So you agree that news stories have given mixed reports. Enough of the bickering.

So you agree that news stories have given mixed reports. Enough of the bickering.

That is is his claim, which is simply not true. Nowhere does it say he went in.

I took the trouble to read all 3 Phuket newspapers and all say that the gate was left open and the man was walking by. I see no reports that the man was on the neighbour's property.

The dog owner has only offered 300,000 baht to pay hospital bills. And I love this quote "Mrs Benjarat said the dogs’ owner went to see her at the hospital to tell her that the three pit bulls have been sent to a dog training school."

I took the trouble to read all 3 Phuket newspapers and all say that the gate was left open and the man was walking by. I see no reports that the man was on the neighbour's property.

The dog owner has only offered 300,000 baht to pay hospital bills. And I love this quote "Mrs Benjarat said the dogs’ owner went to see her at the hospital to tell her that the three pit bulls have been sent to a dog training school."

The first report claimed dogs broke through the cement. concrete area made for them-whatever that means.

None of the reports posted on TV said anything about owner going to the hospital or anything about dogs being sent to training school.

Which once again shows different stories being reported.

What stands true is

1. Dogs attacked

2. Owner accepted some responsibility and made an offer

Everything else is unclear and keeps on changing

The first report claimed dogs broke through the cement. concrete area made for them-whatever that means.

None of the reports posted on TV said anything about owner going to the hospital or anything about dogs being sent to training school.

Which once again shows different stories being reported.

What stands true is

1. Dogs attacked

2. Owner accepted some responsibility and made an offer

Everything else is unclear and keeps on changing

Nothing seems unclear to me. The dog owner offered 300,000 baht and the injured man's family are seeking full compensation. That is all that is in dispute. All the news reports are completely consistent. Some reports have more details than others. None contract each other. Thaivisa reported the Phuket Gazette story. Further argumentative and unsubstantiated posts by you will be removed.

• Like 1