Ailing Farang In K K

klikster

Caveat: This is 3rd hand information/gossip. There is apparently a 90+ year old man currently living in a mooban in T. Sila, U. Muang who is in bad shape. Don't know nationality. Living with/married to Thai with several of her children. He is wheel-chair bound and possibly getting questionable care.

If this man sounds like a friend of yours, it might be a good idea to check on him.

If you will PM me and IDENTIFY yourself and include telephone contact, I will try to get more and more accurate information, but I can't guarantee it.

PLEASE don't sermonize this thread!

^ If you were 90+, sick and wheelchair bound, not getting care, would you want ".. anyone butting into your life" -- "anyone", being a friend? rolleyes.gif

as for 3rd hand information/gossip -- delete that on TV and the site damn near disappears.

Edited by klikster

^ If you were 90+, sick and wheelchair bound, not getting care, would you want ".. anyone butting into your life" -- "anyone", being a friend? rolleyes.gif

as for 3rd hand information/gossip -- delete that on TV and the site damn near disappears.

Fair point sir....

• Like 1

This reminds me of a man I knew down in Korat a few years ago. He had gotten in a bad accident and his wife and her kids did not take proper care of him. They hid his passport, took all his pension money every month and refused to sent him to physiotherapy which he needed otherwise he would not be able to walk again. I went to see him and I insisted that they would allow me to see him and it was heartbreaking what I discovered.

I contacted his embassy and within 2 month he was back home with as his embassy got involved as well as some local authorities. He was able to go to a care facility where he got proper treatment. I heard that he recently returned to Thailand after being fully recovered. (And no, not back to his wife and her "lovely" kids)

Yes, I know an old guy that l think about. Similar stuff, his cash taking care of hoards. sad.png

This reminds me of a man I knew down in Korat a few years ago. He had gotten in a bad accident and his wife and her kids did not take proper care of him. They hid his passport, took all his pension money every month and refused to sent him to physiotherapy which he needed otherwise he would not be able to walk again. I went to see him and I insisted that they would allow me to see him and it was heartbreaking what I discovered.

I contacted his embassy and within 2 month he was back home with as his embassy got involved as well as some local authorities. He was able to go to a care facility where he got proper treatment. I heard that he recently returned to Thailand after being fully recovered. (And no, not back to his wife and her "lovely" kids)

He was fortunate to originate from a country where overseas embassies pay attention to their citizens. This is quite unusual. May we assume that there were people in his home country that were able, (or prepared), to assure the embassy that whatever bills accrued would be paid.

Most just die.

He was fortunate to originate from a country where overseas embassies pay attention to their citizens. This is quite unusual. May we assume that there were people in his home country that were able, (or prepared), to assure the embassy that whatever bills accrued would be paid.

Most just die.

He comes from a country where I think healthcare is provided for its citizens free of charge.

Curious, why doesn't the person that told the op about this just go and check on him? I would. All you gotta do is knock on his door and say hi. It's not about it being noones business, it's about looking out for an old guy.

Nice to know there are still a few kind hearted people like you in the world Jimbo

• Like 1

Curious, why doesn't the person that told the op about this just go and check on him? I would. All you gotta do is knock on his door and say hi. It's not about it being noones business, it's about looking out for an old guy.

OP was told the story by Thai wife who was told the story by another Thai woman, who knows because ..? There seems to be more to the situation and for that reason it should probably best be approached by a friend.

"I would."

All the info I have is posted in the OP. Go ahead.

Yes, I know an old guy that l think about. Similar stuff, his cash taking care of hoards. :(

Yourself ?

Yes, I know an old guy that l think about. Similar stuff, his cash taking care of hoards. sad.png

Yourself ?

No not me, but from your negative posts l think it is you. coffee1.gif