Tungsten Putty

VocalNeal

post-166124-13652056891428_thumb.jpg

Hi mate I am not sure if this is actually what you are looking for, this stuff is very good and very putty like, it sticks to anything so I assume it is just what you are looking for, I got it from a shop that sells everything to do with school etc take a look it could be identical to Tungsten putty!!

DP,

Cheers. But Tungsten Putty has tungsten in it which is heavier than lead, so one can form it into weights. I'm not looking to use it for fishing but that is its primary function. I was hoping I could find some locally in BKK.

Edited by VocalNeal

VocalNeal, Reluctant to post here because I can't help find what you're seeking.

But I can say that I have visited a lot of the fishing shops in BKK and not seen tungsten putty, or for that matter, tungsten worm weights. I'll surely post back if I do find some. Just wanted you to know your question isn't being ignored, just that I doubt anyone knows right off the top of their head where to find it.

I also looked for PVA bags all over BKK but ended up buying a few as samples in the Beijing Fishing Show last year and brought them back. I can't imagine no Euro anglers use PVA bags with their lam and bread....

Sorry, dogpoo if you think I was trying to trivialize your response. That stuff may serve his purposes well.

More than anything, I was trying to say "thanks for contributing to the fishing forum", and "we're not all ranting lunatics waiting to pounce on anyone that doesn't agree with us".

With 110 views and only one response to his OP, I may get the sense (in his position) that, perhaps my question was being neglected.

More to the point, the general tone of so many TV fishing threads has been so negative lately that I sense we're missing out on a lot of contributions from guys with great information and insight that simply don't want to start or contribute to flame wars...

Most fishing forums I visit are upbeat, informative and pleasant. I'd really like to see that here in Thailand since there are so many of us that enjoy fishing, and the vast majority of the guys I meet at the actual fishing venues are friendly and helpful. But it just doesn't show up that way in so many of these threads.

It's okay mate I wasn't having a go!! The op did say it was not for fishing, the stuff I posted is very putty like and very sticky, obviously I have no idea what he wants it for maybe that would of helped us help him!! I agree about this normally inactive forum, I have just offered a free solid rod barrel, had a reply from a poster saying he would like it, not heard back from him since! very strange!!

Edited by dogpoo

It's okay mate I wasn't having a go!! The op did say it was not for fishing, the stuff I posted is very putty like and very sticky, obviously I have no idea what he wants it for maybe that would of helped us help him!! I agree about this normally inactive forum, I have just offered a free solid rod barrel, had a reply from a poster saying he would like it, not heard back from him since! very strange!!

Can't see why the application has anything to do with whether anyone has seen any in a fishing shop in Thailand

I don't want to appear disingenuous but this is one of those forum things where people ask a question and a responder goes off at a tangent about something vaguely related but not directly answering the question.

Tungsten putty is used to make free form weights for things as diverse as fishing weights to weights for miniature soap box derby cars. http://www.maximum-velocity.com/tungstenputty.htm and no that is not my intended use.

It is similar to lead, which is available here as fishing weights ( hence the post on here), lead sheet or lead shot but as tungsten putty is mould-able it can be squirreled into little places that other forms of lead cannot .

As none seems available here someone has put some in the mail for me.

Thanks to all for replying.

EDIT: Just discovered tungsten putting is not quiet as heavy as solid lead and also that tungsten powder can be found at golf shops as it is used to fine tune golf clubs.

Edited by VocalNeal

VocalNeal, Reluctant to post here because I can't help find what you're seeking.

But I can say that I have visited a lot of the fishing shops in BKK and not seen tungsten putty, or for that matter, tungsten worm weights. I'll surely post back if I do find some. Just wanted you to know your question isn't being ignored, just that I doubt anyone knows right off the top of their head where to find it.

I also looked for PVA bags all over BKK but ended up buying a few as samples in the Beijing Fishing Show last year and brought them back. I can't imagine no Euro anglers use PVA bags with their lam and bread....

Have,nt seen pva bags for sale in bkk but i know a farang that has used them here a few years,

Can't see why the application has anything to do with whether anyone has seen any in a fishing shop in Thailand

I don't want to appear disingenuous but this is one of those forum things where people ask a question and a responder goes off at a tangent about something vaguely related but not directly answering the question.

Tungsten putty is used to make free form weights for things as diverse as fishing weights to weights for miniature soap box derby cars. http://www.maximum-velocity.com/tungstenputty.htm and no that is not my intended use.

It is similar to lead, which is available here as fishing weights ( hence the post on here), lead sheet or lead shot but as tungsten putty is mould-able it can be squirreled into little places that other forms of lead cannot .

As none seems available here someone has put some in the mail for me.

Thanks to all for replying.

EDIT: Just discovered tungsten putting is not quiet as heavy as solid lead and also that tungsten powder can be found at golf shops as it is used to fine tune golf clubs.

I seen two component putty in a few shops here....not sure about the tungsten part though.