BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Phuket: Kata/karon Tuk-Tuk Drivers: ' We Will Block The Road'

"One tuk-tuk driver responded, “Tell Chalerm that in Phuket we no longer have rice fields. We just have tuk-tuks. This is the only way we can make a living.”"

If this is true then I can empathize.

I could too, if the person making that statement was born and raised in Phuket and used to have a rice field.

and sold it to live the good life, drinking whiskey & buying shiny things

and driving a tuk-tuk. smile.pngsmile.png

then drive a tuk tuk, after the whiskey was gone, shiney things sold & the Mia Noi had done a runner...........

"One tuk-tuk driver responded, “Tell Chalerm that in Phuket we no longer have rice fields. We just have tuk-tuks. This is the only way we can make a living.”"

Are you seriously falling for this by suggesting that driving a tuk tuk or taxi at 5 to 10x the price of any other place in Thailand is the only way for a person in Phuket to earn a living?

What a joke - they are so far out of touch with the real world it's not even worth arguing with them. I wonder if the police will do their job though.

• Like 1

What a joke - they are so far out of touch with the real world it's not even worth arguing with them. I wonder if the police will do their job though.

NO!

Are you seriously falling for this by suggesting that driving a tuk tuk or taxi at 5 to 10x the price of any other place in Thailand is the only way for a person in Phuket to earn a living?

Agreed - I am currently looking for staff, no English skills needed & or prior experience, again if anyone knows one of these hard done by sevants of the people please PM me & i will offer them a job! Subject to the same basic checks as all other Thai nationals.

Agreed - I am currently looking for staff, no English skills needed & or prior experience, again if anyone knows one of these hard done by sevants of the people please PM me & i will offer them a job! Subject to the same basic checks as all other Thai nationals.

Would you employ the guy in the picture?

Would you employ the guy in the picture?

Yup - show him how to really work for his money

What these geniuses don't understand is that these buses run once per hour, so if tourists are queued up, there won't be space for all of them and the lazy ass tuk tuk drivers can poach those waiting

in the queue. This bus service makes their life easier and more profitable actually............... If only they would understand....geniuses!

Edited by steelepulse

Think in this way. In one years time we'll have another story to tell when someone asks "Why there is not a bus service from Kata to Patong"

Edited by Guest

IF the govt were smart, they could backdoor the TukTuk drivers - ask them to show their tax reciepts for all the year they have workedwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Just revoke 2/3 of all Tuk-Tuk licenses. Then the income for the rest of the Tuk-Tuk-drivers will go up immediately. And there are still too many of them.

Or increase the amount of licenses to so high that they start to fight each other. That would be more fun to watch.