Foreign Man Found Dead In Suspicious Circumstances On Pattaya Highway 7

Lite Beer

Foreign Man found dead in suspicious circumstances on Pattaya Highway 7

highway-2-270x200.jpg

A foreign man whose age, name, and nationality cannot be confirmed at this point, was found dead in the middle of the Pattaya-bound carriageway of Highway 7 in East Pattaya on Friday Night and he is not thought to have been killed in a road accident.

Nongprue Police and Highway Police rushed to the scene and inspected the body of the man, thought to be aged over 75. He was wearing smart clothes and had sustained a number of injuries including broken legs, a fractured spine and significant injuries to his face, including two black-eyes.

Inside his trouser pocket was cash and valuables, including a Big C shopping receipt which was taken into evidence. Approximately 50 meters away from the body was a bank book in the name of joint account holders, Mr. Hans Kunne and Mr. Holger Hans-Werner Erhardt from a Siam Commercial Bank Branch in North Pattaya and a log book for a Nissan Pick-up in the name of Mr. Hans Kunne aged 84.

Full Story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/82096/foreign-man-dead-suspicious-circumstances-pattaya-highway-7/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-06

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed by there last night at the time that the police and rescue services had just arrived. The body was still laying in the midddle of the road, but covered already.

What I found strange however was that the were looking around with flash lights, as it was dark already, searching for in the banks of the road distances away from the body.

This was probably where they found the bank book. But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

• Like 1

But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

If the police suspected that the body had been "dumped" from a moving vehicle it would be likely that any belongings in pockets or held by the person before leaving the vehicle would have been scattered along the road either side of the discovered body. This would apply if the person had been dead or alive before hitting the tarmac.

I know from direct experience that wallet and mobile phone "scatter" 50 feet from where I came to rest after a motorbike crash, searching immediately at the time of discovery and in full daylight is wise.

Hardly the injuries of a road accident. No doubt the victim of a crime but of course would need a huge amount of investigation on that and chances are - will never happen.

No, broken legs and a broken spine don't sound like a traffic accident or being run over at all... Black eyes can be caused by getting ran over as well you know, it all depends how he may have been hit and how he landed etc. The fact nothing was stolen does not suggest a robbery or anything of what you may be suggesting IMO.

• Like 1

Is there an overpass or walkway ? Perhaps he jumped ? Although if this is the case I'm sure as its thaivisa it will have to be murder .

No there is no overpass at that location. It happened right on top of the hill at the exit Rayong when driving direction Bangkok.

• Like 1

Is it possible he fell off the back of a songtaew bus? I don't know where highway 7 is exactly, but a friend fell off the back of one drunk and had similar injuries, the doctor told him that the fact he was drunk possibly saved his life somehow.

It could have been a freak accident & also he was hit again by other cars after the fall?? He was 84yrs old sad.pngsad.pngsad.png Rest in Peace

I dont know about you lot but the injuries sound like he got run over to me.

Always a possibility when a dead man is lying at a blind spot on a highway after dark. As said in the OP already, police suspect he was dead before he reached his final location.

Comments of deleted post edited out

You don't have a time and cause of death.

Especially the cause of ecchymosis around his eyes is important..

But his cash money was not the first motive for the criminals.

The crime scene and injuries exclude any alibi for a hit-and-run case.

His vehicle is not found.

Let's not exclude that he has been dumped by carjackers at speed from his own pick-up.

• Like 2

I passed by there last night at the time that the police and rescue services had just arrived. The body was still laying in the midddle of the road, but covered already.

What I found strange however was that the were looking around with flash lights, as it was dark already, searching for in the banks of the road distances away from the body.

This was probably where they found the bank book. But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

just checking for more bodies, murder weapons, evidence. if a person is thrown from a moving vehicle or hit by them or otherwise in motion before hitting the ground, 100M isn't all that far.

Russian mob hit perhaps? Injuries sure sound like the ones i used to see while working Russian hospital a few years ago and they were certainly mob related. Time for the Russian to go the heck home. It was bad enough to see all the signs in English... but now in russian characters and owninfg everything? Phuket has the right idea... check their papers and the Visas!

I dont know about you lot but the injuries sound like he got run over to me.

This is what the coroner should help clarify. Was he beaten, or hit by a car? Tough way to go, either way.

The Thai Visa Investigation Bureau decided that the nationality (of the account holders) is quite probably German.

Seeing as there are two name(s) on the bank book one of which also appears to be another german gentleman, could we suggest that both gentlemen were couple ?

Edited by Soutpeel

One would guess it's normal procedure to look for a weapon or object which may have been used to inflict the injuries which may give some clues, and surely normal to look within at least 50 - 100 metres.

Isn't it also normal procedure to wait for the senior officers to put on their best uniforms and attend the scene with the media, giving lots of photo ops so that passers by, everyone and his dog can trample all over the eveidence scene for a few hours before the serious investigation can start??

• Like 2

The Thai Visa Investigation Bureau decided that the nationality (of the account holders) is quite probably German.

Seeing as there are two name(s) on the bank book one of which also appears to be another german gentleman, could we suggest that both gentlemen were couple ?

Bank account holders can be German, Swiss, Belgian, Austrian,...it's not relevant.

It's common practice that older expat share accounts, addresses,...due to their age and in case of decease/succession.

Depends of course what's your specific definition/insinuation of 'a couple' ?

Strange that the bank book has been found at the crime scene...

Bank account holders can be German, Swiss, Belgian, Austrian,...it's not relevant.

It's common practice that older expat share accounts, addresses,...due to their age and in case of decease/succession.

Depends of course what's your specific definition/insinuation of 'a couple' ?

Strange that the bank book has been found at the crime scene...

Not strange at all if it was in his pocket when he was hit by a car, maybe they will find a mobile phone and that will really make things strange...whistling.gif

• Like 1

Well it sounds like he's been hit by a car to me, why would the BIB think otherwise?. Injuries totally consistent with being hit by a car while shuffling across the road with some documents in his hands.

Before you all start with the "Oh! another Thai Visa expert Blah Blah!, I'm no expert but I just wonder why people would not consider those injuries as not consistent with an RTA.

• Like 2