Foreign Man Found Dead In Suspicious Circumstances On Pattaya Highway 7

Lite Beer

The Thai Visa Investigation Bureau decided that the nationality (of the account holders) is quite probably German.

Seeing as there are two name(s) on the bank book one of which also appears to be another german gentleman, could we suggest that both gentlemen were couple ?

Bank account holders can be German, Swiss, Belgian, Austrian,...it's not relevant.

It's common practice that older expat share accounts, addresses,...due to their age and in case of decease/succession.

Depends of course what's your specific definition/insinuation of 'a couple' ?

Strange that the bank book has been found at the crime scene...

Not strange at all if it was in his pocket when he was hit by a car, maybe they will find a mobile phone and that will really make things strange...whistling.gif

Now you put the old man at the crime scene as like he had/wanted to be there.

The highway 7 isn't really a place for a night walk with bank account book and log book of your vehicle...

You find his vehicle, you will find his killer. Even if his car is still parked in front of his condo.

Edited by Thorgal

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed by there last night at the time that the police and rescue services had just arrived. The body was still laying in the midddle of the road, but covered already.

What I found strange however was that the were looking around with flash lights, as it was dark already, searching for in the banks of the road distances away from the body.

This was probably where they found the bank book. But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

It's a homicide. SOP.

I passed by there last night at the time that the police and rescue services had just arrived. The body was still laying in the midddle of the road, but covered already.

What I found strange however was that the were looking around with flash lights, as it was dark already, searching for in the banks of the road distances away from the body.

This was probably where they found the bank book. But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

One would guess it's normal procedure to look for a weapon or object which may have been used to inflict the injuries which may give some clues, and surely normal to look within at least 50 - 100 metres.

If they didn't search around the area, people would be screaming about the police being lazy and not doing their job properly...WAKE UP!

• Like 1

RIP

He was german, his name was Mr. Hans Kunne (Kuenne), 84 years old. His car was confiscated by police during the day in a different car-motorcylce accident. He got wired and lost the way unfortunately somehow entered the Highway 7 ....

They also found the mobile phone ...

RIP

Edited by Madmax170

Hardly the injuries of a road accident. No doubt the victim of a crime but of course would need a huge amount of investigation on that and chances are - will never happen.

why on earth would you say this? on what authority? have you seen the body?

let the inane speculation begin

• Like 1

Comments of deleted post edited out

You don't have a time and cause of death.

Especially the cause of ecchymosis around his eyes is important..

But his cash money was not the first motive for the criminals.

The crime scene and injuries exclude any alibi for a hit-and-run case.

His vehicle is not found.

Let's not exclude that he has been dumped by carjackers at speed from his own pick-up.

Hmmmm how did you know he had a pickup? This information was not disclosed to the public.....Expect a visit from the BIB whistling.gif

You don't have a time and cause of death.

Especially the cause of ecchymosis around his eyes is important..

But his cash money was not the first motive for the criminals.

The crime scene and injuries exclude any alibi for a hit-and-run case.

His vehicle is not found.

Let's not exclude that he has been dumped by carjackers at speed from his own pick-up.

Hmmmm how did you know he had a pickup? This information was not disclosed to the public.....Expect a visit from the BIB whistling.gif

Please follow link of OP.

Inside his trouser pocket was cash and valuables, including a Big C

shopping receipt which was taken into evidence. Approximately 50 meters

away from the body was a bank book in the name of joint account holders,

Mr. Hans Kunne and Mr. Holger Hans-Werner Erhardt from a Siam

Commercial Bank Branch in North Pattaya and a log book for a Nissan

Pick-up in the name of Mr. Hans Kunne aged 84.

• Like 1

But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

If the police suspected that the body had been "dumped" from a moving vehicle it would be likely that any belongings in pockets or held by the person before leaving the vehicle would have been scattered along the road either side of the discovered body. This would apply if the person had been dead or alive before hitting the tarmac.

I know from direct experience that wallet and mobile phone "scatter" 50 feet from where I came to rest after a motorbike crash, searching immediately at the time of discovery and in full daylight is wise.

if you dead , you dont get blue eyes ... damage that give blue around eyes ,has happend before ..go figure..

Is it possible he fell off the back of a songtaew bus? I don't know where highway 7 is exactly, but a friend fell off the back of one drunk and had similar injuries, the doctor told him that the fact he was drunk possibly saved his life somehow.

It could have been a freak accident & also he was hit again by other cars after the fall?? He was 84yrs old sad.pngsad.pngsad.png Rest in Peace

My thoughts exactly. He may have been the victim of a hit and run as he was crossing the road and was subsequently hit again my a second vehicle as he lay in the road. Not exactly beyond the realms of possibility, me thinks. RIP.

Let's stop the inappropriate speculations

It wasn't a pick-up, Hans was driving, it was an old Nissan wagon car. He was a pretty wild driver - even many of his friends refused to drive with him.

Madmax170, you seem to have the best information about this incident. Hans gave me one single lift and I can imagine very well, that Hans had an accident, since he was still driving much too fast in his age. As well, I can second, that Hans became confused easily when stressed.

Where was this accident and what happened further on? Did he try to walk home on the highway (He was walking straight and a lot)? Did another car crash him?

The seized car would explain, that he carried the log and bank book with him.

RIP Hans

RIP

He was german, his name was Mr. Hans Kunne (Kuenne), 84 years old. His car was confiscated by police during the day in a different car-motorcylce accident. He got wired and lost the way unfortunately somehow entered the Highway 7 ....

They also found the mobile phone ...

RIP

Nice balance of probabilities and presumption of facts before the time of death. Now you put Highway 7 as primary crime scene...

Let's stop the inappropriate speculations

It wasn't a pick-up, Hans was driving, it was an old Nissan wagon car. He was a pretty wild driver - even many of his friends refused to drive with him.

Madmax170, you seem to have the best information about this incident. Hans gave me one single lift and I can imagine very well, that Hans had an accident, since he was still driving much too fast in his age. As well, I can second, that Hans became confused easily when stressed.

Where was this accident and what happened further on? Did he try to walk home on the highway (He was walking straight and a lot)? Did another car crash him?

The seized car would explain, that he carried the log and bank book with him.

RIP Hans

I guess the real facts of what happened has now come to light thanks to Madmax and KdRayong.

RIP Hans

Nice balance of probabilities and presumption of facts before the time of death. Now you put Highway 7 as primary crime scene...

Madmax seems to have the most reasonable report. I just wonder, what happened to Hans after police seized Hans' car, next to this motorbike accident. What killed him?

Hardly the injuries of a road accident. No doubt the victim of a crime but of course would need a huge amount of investigation on that and chances are - will never happen.

No, broken legs and a broken spine don't sound like a traffic accident or being run over at all... Black eyes can be caused by getting ran over as well you know, it all depends how he may have been hit and how he landed etc. The fact nothing was stolen does not suggest a robbery or anything of what you may be suggesting IMO.

Yes it is a weird one, Black eyes usually don't form instantaneously after assault and two broken legs? One maybe from a fall, but two? This one has more to explain than the average but to all the <deleted> here who create the TVIB and negative crap, go flock yourselves. If you want to bag opinions here then perhaps take a look at sarcasm (fun), as well as some logic from opinions and we do have answers, unlike the BiB. Surprisingly many of us also have experience across a broad range of subjects so if you wish to take down the opinions of members here, suggest you find another blog to denigrate.

Perhaps you should attend a few more RTAs....black eyes are VERY common

• Like 2

Apart from the two black eyes, how are broken legs and a broken spine hardly injuries of someone who gets hit by a car?

• Like 2

The TVIB are on to it. I am sure that they will conclude that he did not die of natural causes. However he need not have been dumped from a vehicle. What if he had been chased by a band of highly sexed lady boys and at 84 had run out of breath at that very point in the road. Panting and on the verge of collapse, with impending unending sex in sight he failed to see the approach of a fast moving truck. A sad end for an 84 year old German gentleman.

if murder... sounds like german names... CSI Thailand... amazingly they found a bank book with 2 names that might possibly lead to a suspect.... 75 yr old dead man and 84 yr old man with a log book for a new pick up? you have to have a log book only with a new bought vehicle... unless it was just an oil change log book... buy a new vehicle with new plates and you are supposed to keep the log book in the glove box until you get the white plate...and WHO carries around their actual bank book unless you are going to the bank.... let's see how Sherlock Holmes in the Pattaya PD works on this ... sorry to hear this guy died...a little bit of forensics would tell which injuries happened before or after he was thrown off the back of his buddy's new truck....or maybe run over after yes...where is CSI thailand anyway? doesn't seem to be much of it going on with all the falungs AND thai's being killed...(gun murders are x2 here vs. the usa now and the usa has x5 the population....20,000 vs 9,000 last year I think) who is the CSI lady that was famous a few years ago? who is getting all the forensics done anyway?

should be lots of thai's available from university to do all the background work on all these cases.... like the 2 Quebec girls in Samui that were poisoned last year... and Thailand wants Unlimited Tourists coming here to spend money? chances are you might just have a life ending "accident" here ... and guess what... NOBODY cares if you are a tourist....they do what the can... but gee whiz...tourists and long term stayers... "you take your picks and you get your chances"

and did he update his bank book? how much is gone out of the account on the night he died...if it was his bank book... sounds like somebody screwed up big time by leaving a bank book and vehicle log book at the scene 70+ years old or not...murder is still murder... falungs or thai... in Thailand...

I better stop now before I get in trouble....

• Like 1

Love these amatuer Sherlocks!

Speaking of Sherlock, we are first introduced to that great detective at St. Bart's, where he is beating bodies to determine whether bruising can happen blows delivered, post-mortem. The answer is 'no'. So, might we conclude that the black eyes were inflicted before death and therefore not as a result of landing on the road? Thus laying to rest the songtaew and the 'run-over' scenarios.

Its always sad whenever you read of a untimely, unnatural and undignified death.

My condolences go out to whoever has lost a brother, father or perhaps grandfather in this case and may he rest in peace.

From a professional point of view the injuries point to massive trauma sustained from impact with a hard object be it getting hit by a car, falling off a car or falling down from height as many have speculated.

Fractures of both legs and the spine are injuries we often see from falls from height but could also result from impact. Bruising around both eyes often results from a fracture of the base of the skull. As to whether the injuries were inflicted intentionally or by accident depends upon forensics and motive which I believe if the police are diligent would not be difficult to conclude. I hope his family gets closure soon.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 2

Wonder what the TVIB will make of this case.

( Thai Visa Investigation Bureau )

How about we start with you.

There's more people complaining about theories on this thread than people making them.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

I wonder why all these various experts crawl out from under there rocks to come out with so much unadulterated crap, there are many reasons why this poor fellow came to grief, and we will probably never kinow! > Somewhere somebody is grieving. But what do you xxxxxxx care!!

The marks on the body - blood effusions - and the shape/size of the fractures of the bones will give more information of the number of impacts and which one that was fatal. The first impact is important to know the circumstances of the crime.

The victim didn't die from a natural death. And so,it's not forbidden to ask more relative questions/facts in those crime cases.

Guess who's still running free at this moment ?

And how do people know that his cell phone was found ? Only police knows this fact. No others.

Is it possible he fell off the back of a songtaew bus? I don't know where highway 7 is exactly, but a friend fell off the back of one drunk and had similar injuries, the doctor told him that the fact he was drunk possibly saved his life somehow.

err,..........i think its sukhumvit rd,.........most famous or infamous rd in LOS ! .................Welcome

Edited by osiboy

Daed before he reached his final loaction for sure since that wouldbe a cemetery or a crematorium. I wonder how such an elderly gentleman could have wound someone up enough to do this to him unless it was suicide, but I read nothing about any plastic bags either.