Foreign Man Found Dead In Suspicious Circumstances On Pattaya Highway 7

Lite Beer

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive by that part of the 7 where it intersects with the 36 daily. People do not walk to that stretch often and probably have only seen highway junk collectors around there maybe once before. Sad to hear this about anyone but especially an old man like this one. RIP Hans.

I passed by there last night at the time that the police and rescue services had just arrived. The body was still laying in the midddle of the road, but covered already.

What I found strange however was that the were looking around with flash lights, as it was dark already, searching for in the banks of the road distances away from the body.

This was probably where they found the bank book. But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

Police training perhaps?

Let's stop the inappropriate speculations

It wasn't a pick-up, Hans was driving, it was an old Nissan wagon car. He was a pretty wild driver - even many of his friends refused to drive with him.

Madmax170, you seem to have the best information about this incident. Hans gave me one single lift and I can imagine very well, that Hans had an accident, since he was still driving much too fast in his age. As well, I can second, that Hans became confused easily when stressed.

Where was this accident and what happened further on? Did he try to walk home on the highway (He was walking straight and a lot)? Did another car crash him?

The seized car would explain, that he carried the log and bank book with him.

RIP Hans

I guess the real facts of what happened has now come to light thanks to Madmax and KdRayong.

RIP Hans

Are you sure ?

You need to be close enough to really know if the car was confiscated and the mobile phone was found much later.

Even so, that the victim drove you with his own car somewhere...

They didn't provide details that they really knew the victim.

They only confirmed some facts of the crime.

Just imagine if they never knew the victim. Sad and sick...

Edited by Thorgal

R.I.P. this poor man..to get to the ripe-old-age of 75, then to pass away like this is very sad indeed.

I've also thought many times that when there's an accident on the road..the MIBs simply use their torches to look around with..they could do with tooling-up same as many Western Countries with vehicles that have 'light masts'..to really light up the area, plus oncoming vehicles would (maybe) see this from a distance and (again maybe) slow down & pass by with caution.

....two black eyes....

...two broken legs....

...broken back......

....side of the road....does not seem like an accident...

(....my sympathies to his loved ones.....)

"does not seem like an accident."

Why on earth not?

....two black eyes....

...two broken legs....

...broken back......

....side of the road....does not seem like an accident...

(....my sympathies to his loved ones.....)

"does not seem like an accident."

Why on earth not?

It happened right on top of the hill at the exit Rayong when driving direction to Bangkok.

What was the victim doing there without coincidences ?

It wasn't a pick-up, Hans was driving, it was an old Nissan wagon car. He was a pretty wild driver - even many of his friends refused to drive with him.

Madmax170, you seem to have the best information about this incident. Hans gave me one single lift and I can imagine very well, that Hans had an accident, since he was still driving much too fast in his age. As well, I can second, that Hans became confused easily when stressed.

Where was this accident and what happened further on? Did he try to walk home on the highway (He was walking straight and a lot)? Did another car crash him?

RIP Hans

I guess the real facts of what happened has now come to light thanks to Madmax and KdRayong.

RIP Hans

Are you sure ?

You need to be close enough to really know if the car was confiscated and the mobile phone was found much later.

Just imagine if I knew Hans as a close friend since years (even if I lost contact since a few month). Then I consider your post as sick and insolent. Sad just for me to read such a trash. bah.gif

I don't know who is MadMax. My read is that he was informed by the police after they found Hans' cellphone and checked the recent call log. He will be even a closer friend of Hans then.

Edited by kdrayong
  • Like 1

German news sources report:

Police said that the investigation run at full speed and still would not jump to conclusions.

However, everything points to that it was not just an accident but a crime and the deceased had been thrown after his assassination of a moving vehicle on the road ... possibly by a hit-and-run fake.

An autopsy in the Police Forensic Institute should find out further details about the cause of death.

Maybe it isn't a later news, but just the translation of PattayaOne.

I was informed by email on Saturday early morning, by one of Hans' friends:

[...] At the evening of 5 April 2013, our friend Hans Künne became the victim of a tragic accident [...]

@all, please stop flaming here and show some respect to the bereaved.

• Like 1

RIP Hans

RIP Hans

Are you sure ?

Just imagine if I knew Hans as a close friend since years (even if I lost contact since a few month). Then I consider your post as sick and insolent. Sad just for me to read such a trash. bah.gif

I don't know who is MadMax. My read is that he was informed by the police after they found Hans' cellphone and checked the recent call log. He will be even a closer friend of Hans then.

Something to discuss with your other friends :

The defining characteristics of pseudologia fantastica are:

1. The stories told are not entirely improbable and often have some element of truth. They are not a manifestation of delusion or some broader type of psychosis : upon confrontation, the teller can admit them to be untrue, even if unwillingly.
  2. The fabricative tendency is long lasting; it is not provoked by the immediate situation or social pressure as much as it is an innate trait of the personality.
  3. A definitely internal, not an external, motive for the behavior can be discerned clinically: e.g., long-lasting extortion or habitual spousal battery might cause a person to lie repeatedly, without the lying being a pathological symptom.
  4. The stories told tend toward presenting the liar favorably. For example, the person might be presented as being fantastically brave, knowing or being related to many famous people.

Pseudologia fantastica may also present as false memory syndrome, where the sufferer genuinely believes that fictitious events have taken place, regardless that these events are fantasies. The sufferer may believe that he or she has committed superhuman acts of altruism and love or has committed equally grandiose acts of diabolical evil, for which the sufferer must atone, or has already atoned for in her/his fantasies.

it maybe that the man had been in a drunken state had an argumemt with a bunch of taxi drivers been beaten up left to wonder home and then hit with a fast moving vehicle.that would not stop for fear of arrest for murder.a fast moving vehicle will carry a body a long way.

Well his cell phone was found and the sim card was used to contact a friend of Hans (Not me!)

But just to complete that what I know and then I stop course I do not know further facts!

He was seen disoriented in the afternoon - after the police interview (Banglamung Police station) on the car-motorcycle accident - by Police officer somewhere between Banglamung Police office and the place where it happened! on Highway 7 - around 7 km from Sukhumvit, just before the insection with 36 (exit to Rayong or back to Sukhumvit) - towards Bangkok.

Well the injuries looking like hit and run - who knows ... there is a video from a local TV news channel on the web - he was lying on the road (lane) - not on the side!

RIP Hans!

Edited by Madmax170

However, everything points to that it was not just an accident but a crime and the deceased had been thrown after his assassination of a moving vehicle on the road ... possibly by a hit-and-run fake.

Assassination?

I passed by there last night at the time that the police and rescue services had just arrived. The body was still laying in the midddle of the road, but covered already.

What I found strange however was that the were looking around with flash lights, as it was dark already, searching for in the banks of the road distances away from the body.

This was probably where they found the bank book. But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

Maybe the suspicious dead body in the middle of the road ??

• Like 1

German news sources report:

Police said that the investigation run at full speed and still would not jump to conclusions.

An autopsy in the Police Forensic Institute should find out further details about the cause of death.

Maybe it isn't a later news, but just the translation of PattayaOne.

I was informed by email on Saturday early morning, by one of Hans' friends:

[...] At the evening of 5 April 2013, our friend Hans Künne became the victim of a tragic accident [...]

@all, please stop flaming here and show some respect to the bereaved.

Not much to add. I got the same email on Saturday morning. And was shocked to hear about that. Hans was a very nice guy, and we will miss him for sure.

@ anyone else: Please stop those ridiculous speculations.

it maybe that the man had been in a drunken state had an argumemt with a bunch of taxi drivers been beaten up left to wonder home and then hit with a fast moving vehicle.that would not stop for fear of arrest for murder.a fast moving vehicle will carry a body a long way.

Why do you say that? Why not a load of other moronic speculation that you could make up also?

• Like 1

It's not unreasonable that without his car he might have tumbled out of a sontou, maybe off the back of a motorbike, or wandered onto the road and got pummeled trying to get to point B from point A. All the injuries could have happened and anyone else involved kept on going (hard to explain hitting/dropping an 84 year old man). At 84 I'm guessing although active was still pretty fragile. No mention of alcohol but there might have been some RX possibilities (too much or missed dosage).

One poster said he got disoriented if stressed and I imagine hitting someone on a motorbike, having your vehicle impounded, dealing with the police, and having to find another way back might qualify as a stressfull situation for an 84 year old man. Especially if he thought he might lose the "freedom" that driving allows. No matter how long we are here or how comfortable we feel, how many Thai friends or other friends we have; in some situations it is very much a foreign land we find ourselves in.

We don't know whether he was an up - down - or crazy person. We just know where he ended up.

RIP sir.

Edited by pgrahmm

Comments of deleted post edited out

More like the Thai Visa Imagination Brigade

It's unfortunate that sad events like this have to be made more sordid with the usual litany of TVIB's unsubstantiated claims regarding the (apparent) crime itself and the conduct of the police. No matter how tragic, it's just fodder for the resident "nattering nabobs of negativism."

+1

But what would indicate that there was a need to search the road banks 50 -100 meters away from the body?

If the police suspected that the body had been "dumped" from a moving vehicle it would be likely that any belongings in pockets or held by the person before leaving the vehicle would have been scattered along the road either side of the discovered body. This would apply if the person had been dead or alive before hitting the tarmac.

I know from direct experience that wallet and mobile phone "scatter" 50 feet from where I came to rest after a motorbike crash, searching immediately at the time of discovery and in full daylight is wise.

But if it's not full daylight?

Almost hate to say, but good police work comes to mind. They did (after all) find the bankbook "50" meters away from the deceased. Nice work there eh? Might even be important to the investigation.

It's not unreasonable that without his car he might have tumbled out of a sontou, maybe off the back of a motorbike, or wandered onto the road and got pummeled trying to get to point B from point A. All the injuries could have happened and anyone else involved kept on going (hard to explain hitting/dropping an 84 year old man). At 84 I'm guessing although active was still pretty fragile. No mention of alcohol but there might have been some RX possibilities (too much or missed dosage).

One poster said he got disoriented if stressed and I imagine hitting someone on a motorbike, having your vehicle impounded, dealing with the police, and having to find another way back might qualify as a stressfull situation for an 84 year old man. Especially if he thought he might lose the "freedom" that driving allows. No matter how long we are here or how comfortable we feel, how many Thai friends or other friends we have; in some situations it is very much a foreign land we find ourselves in.

We don't know whether he was an up - down - or crazy person. We just know where he ended up.

RIP sir.

What is a sontou? Edited by Tolley

Funny you armchair Sherlocks have said nothing about the owner of the pick-up Hans Kunne his friend. Seems pretty simple to me---He has a row with Hans,they fight.he dies and Hans puts him in the pick-up and drives him out of town and dumps him. After that he may well have been hit again --------------- there---- hows that????