Name Of Insects That Attach Themselves To Ceilings And Walls In Home?

fakename

Just wondering if someone knows the name of the insects, that attach themselves to the ceilings and walls of homes. This morning just noticed that there were a hundred or more on the walls. They look like a worm, but then make a cocoon, which usually hangs by a thread, like a spider web. I see them all the time, but today, there were more than normal. I tried to Google something up, but just too many to go through. I guess they are harmless, but would just like to be on a first name bases with them, since they are living in my home.

They are harmless. I pick them off the wall every time I spot one, otherwise they continue on and attach themselves to the ceiling, Where they (or the remains of whatever process is going on) remain forever! tongue.png

I hope someone knows more, as I've often wondered what is going on with them. Do they turn into some kind of moth?

That is strange. I have seen and had the cocoons, many of them, in different locations, but never noticed that kind of moth around. Also the cocoons don't seem to look exactly like that - no "head" so visible - but that probably is due to higher quality in the image on the picture than on my eyes.

• Like 1

The moth is tiny, like a small mosquito, that's probably why you never see it.

The cocoon is left behind after the moth is gone, so obviously there you will not see any "head", but if you find a live one just hold it for a moment and you'll see the head move.

Saw many silverfish in my bathroom in Europe but never saw them in Thailand.

So I am not the only one who HATE all these insects here ?

Even at 20th floor they break into the condo !!!

What is the highest building around Pattaya ? I want to leave there at the highest floor !

• Like 1

We have loads of these buggers in the house, we have mossy screens everywhere and are always careful about using them yet we have these moth things hanging from the ceilings in most of the rooms, if you pick them off the wall and place them on a flat surface then after a while they start moving.

Buggers.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, for all the dozens (hundreds?) of those moth cocoons I've seen through the years, I have YET to see an adult moth indoors. Only some big fuzzy ones outdoors at times, but nothing like the one pictured above.

• 6 years later...