---- Wanted ---

chang

Hello,

If things go according to plan I should be in Sisaket (Rasisali) for 3 months, for Songkran onwards. Staying with my gf and her family.

I really need to meet some English speaking women or men for some conversation and drinks/food. This is not a cheap pick-up attempt but last time I was there I got quite depressed not having anyone to speak English to. The only person I spoke to last visit was my girlfriend, her English is limited, but good enough to have a converstion with, and my Thai is awful.

So where can I meet English speakers?

PS

By the way I am from the UK, 35 years old, and can be as childish or mature as circumstance dictates, but most of all I love to have fun.

Edited by chang

Hello,

If things go according to plan I should be in Sisaket (Rasisali) for 3 months, for Songkran onwards. Staying with my gf and her family.

I really need to meet some English speaking women or men for some conversation and drinks/food.

Look two inches above your post.......otherwise go to Franks bar near the bus station in Sisaket

I'll be around the 12th till the 20th, in Srisaket.

Visiting familly, birtday of öur"daughter and the house needs a new seiling, so work has to be done aswell.

Keep me posted, i've got internet access there ( thanx to everybody on this forum who helped me out with this on)

Where is Franks Bar ???? couldn't find it the last time i was there (Jan 2006)

Hello,

I really need to meet some English speaking women or men for some conversation and drinks/food. This is not a cheap pick-up attempt but last time I was there I got quite depressed not having anyone to speak English to. The only person I spoke to last visit was my girlfriend, her English is limited, but good enough to have a converstion with, and my Thai is awful.

So where can I meet English speakers?

PS

By the way I am from the UK, 35 years old, and can be as childish or mature as circumstance dictates, but most of all I love to have fun.

Hallo chang,I am about one hour'e drive away from srisaket and go in to shop quite regularly so could meet up some time.I am out here all the time so can fit in with your plans.Also look at marcoh's and trond's post on this site could be good opportunity for you.They have formed a foreigners club in Ubon,about an hour from you.They are having a meet some time in April. cheers :o

I'll be around the 12th till the 20th, in Srisaket.

Visiting familly, birtday of öur"daughter and the house needs a new seiling, so work has to be done aswell.

Keep me posted, i've got internet access there ( thanx to everybody on this forum who helped me out with this on)

Where is Franks Bar ???? couldn't find it the last time i was there (Jan 2006)

Coming from town, turn left at the Police station, in the zoo direction. It's down a turning with a big pepsi or coke sign by it.

Hello chang!

Ubon Foreigner Club is having a gathering on Saturday 22. of April at

Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay - Guesthouse - Bungalows - Restaurant - Bar.

We are located some 100 km south of Srisaket, close to the Cambodian border.

From Srisaket go to Khantralalak, follow rd 221 towards Khao Phra Wihan, turn left on rd 2248 to Nam Yun, and after 17 km we are on the right hand side.

:D

The gathering is for any foreigner who is interested!

If you (and others) are joining the :o - please let me know!

Hope to see you. :D

Trond

Thank you very big to all the replies :o

As the only mode of transport I will have is a 125cc dirt bike, guessing I will have to get the bus into Sisaket and get a taxi from there onwards.

Looking forward to meeting you all and being able to speak English to someone (beats watching the BBC world service to hear English)

Chang (Mark)