Phuket Gas Delivery Teenager Shot

webfact

Phuket gas delivery teenager shot
Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- A teenager delivering cooking gas in a three-wheel motorbike was shot on Kra Rd, Phuket Town, this morning.

Vachara Tathaptip, 19, was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital with a bullet wound to the left chest after he was shot while crossing the Kar Jan bridge near Suzuki Plaza at about 10am.

Luckily, none of the gas bottles he was delivering was hit.

His mother, Sunan Tathaptip, 56, who rushed to the hospital to be with him, looked shocked as she told The Phuket News, “My son has never had any disputes with anyone else.”

A friend, who asked not to be named, agreed. “I have no idea who could have done this,” he said.

Doctors are still treating him, but said that his life is not in danger. So far nothing is known about his attacker, but police are investigating.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gas-delivery-teenager-shot-38524.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-04-10

Poor kid - what mongrel would take a shot at a teenager for nothing - and it may have actually been an attempt to hit one of the gas tanks.

Luckily if the police catch the bastard, the charge is attempted murder.

I hope they do.

Classic! The kid was shot in the chest, but fortunately:

"Luckily, none of the gas bottles he was delivering was hit."

Yes it was very lucky. U dont have a clue what could happend if they were hit?

IMO the gas was the target...starting to see a movement......shooting and robberies daytime,burning of parked motorbikes.........is the next a B.......

not to get completely off topic but you need a very big gun with armour piercing bullets to blow up a gas tank ( proofed by mythbusters)

hope he will make a full recovery

Strange, we used to do that with regular cartridges...

ditto. It doesn't take an armor piercing shell to penetrate 1.8mm of cold-rolled steel.

Mythbusters? Please, don't make me laugh.

Unbelievable! What is this place coming to? (Rhetorical question).

Hope the guy recovers OK.

And recently the story of a n ex-cop caught selling handguns to teenagers in Pattaya, from memory already sold some 140 or so, no questions asked, licenses obviously not in the equation.

A couple of years back there many reports about teenage/motorbike gangs brawling at Saphan Hin with the use of knives, swords, pen guns & I do not for one minute believe the police have cleared up this problem. Not saying the young guy was part of a gang but it may be related.