Hi! I'm From Nakhon Sawan

jampola

Hey All!

I'm James and I'm an Aussie. In the 2+ years I've been living here in Krokphra, I've never really posted to say hello.

Do many foreigners live in Nakhon Sawan? I've seen a few in Nakhon Sawan but not too many. I've even heard of 1 or 2 living here in Krokphra!

What does everybody do for fun? Apart from the obvious drinking! Sadly I'm working and travelling around nearly every day so I don't get much time to go into bang nam bpor unless it's to do some shopping.

Would love to know who lives around these parts so if you do, say hello!

Welcome James.

Next time you spot a farang, just ask him "where do you live"? If that doesen't work, just ask your wife. If she doesen't know, she can find out within 10 minutes where the farangs live in a radius of 50 km. I bet. Just ask.

Cheers.

I live in Khoksamrong, Lopburi.. there's about 6 farangs that live in approx 25 km around there. They finally all met each other and now get together every other weds. for lunch and chit chat. Same could be with you in your neck of the woods. Make an effort to say hello. You guys might even like each other. coffee1.gif

Don't say Sadly i travel around , and working. Sadley ive just stopped and its Hell. Nothing to do but Post Here, Go Shopping , Wash the cars , and a Crafty Leo if you spot a Ferang.coffee1.gif

Where do you live?

Don't say Sadly i travel around , and working. Sadley ive just stopped and its Hell. Nothing to do but Post Here, Go Shopping , Wash the cars , and a Crafty Leo if you spot a Ferang.coffee1.gif

Where do you live?

Near Nan Province in the Mountains. C.M and Phitsanulok are the nearest to me that doent look like a Cemetry with Lights.w00t.gif

I live near a small town, Takfa, about 100 kilometers from the OP, about 50 kilometers from Khok Samrong off of highway 1. I live in the middle of sugar cane and corn fields and no cemetry with lights nearby. The lights go off at night and the "ghosts" of my Golden Retrievers that have passed away and are buried in our orchard keep us company each night. A joyful sleep!

Well that sounds like what I am longing for! I'm just complaining because I can though!

I live near a small town, Takfa, about 100 kilometers from the OP, about 50 kilometers from Khok Samrong off of highway 1. I live in the middle of sugar cane and corn fields and no cemetry with lights nearby. The lights go off at night and the "ghosts" of my Golden Retrievers that have passed away and are buried in our orchard keep us company each night. A joyful sleep!

That's just mildly spooky! I thought it was only Thai's who had this obsession with ghosts!

Hi James

I live approx. 90km from NS city, in the mountains towards Uthai thani, place called Mae Poen. What work do you do? I also travel and work everyday, recently put a similar post to this on here and made friends with a finnish guy, Marko, who lives about 15km away. What area of NS are you?

I live on Depalm 2, there is an Aussie in the house at the back of me, going round for fish tonight, also another Englishman and a German with 1km, have also seen a Dane on the estate, we also have 2 cats that speak English!

I live about 50 kilometers out of Nakhon Sawan going on my 9th year in Wang Muang, just go to the city once a month to stock up on items we need and every 90 days for a visa extension

I used to hang with the locals until I stopped drinking every day now only 3/4 times a year.and do not talk much Thai because of my bad hearing. But I keep busy around the house make a lot of my own food, ham, bacon, chorizo and breakfast sausage, bake my own bread and sweets (do not buy anymore bread in town) make a lot of Lacto Fermented foods, pickles, ketchup, honey mustard, sauerkraut, fermented salsa, fermented sodas, yogurt, Queso Fresco etc growing lot of our veggies, built an outdoor Horno (pizza oven) and a 55 gallon drum adobe oven and a UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) keeps me very busy. Seldom go out to eat, my wife is a great cook and makes all my Mexican foods plus all the homemade tortillas i can eat.

No Falang's around that I know of but seldom gets lonely.

Make things to keep yourself busy and work around the house, I also watch TV and communicate with my family via the internet

Cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I am building a model railway in the spare room so never short of something to do. 3m x 2.6m twin tracks, 10 platform station, 3 loco depots and a country station, now that I have the time its up to me what and where and when to do things.

I live in Uthaithani town, 15 km from Krokphra. I teach at a local school and my spare time is taken up by my son and the weekly round of golf at either Jiraprawat (Nakhon Sawan) or Taklhi (Chinat) golf course.

HI James, well at the present moment i am living in the UK , but thinking of moving to Nakhon Sawan in about 1.5 yrs time looking to buy a home and make a small shop in the front of the home, it would be great to maybe make some friends before we move out from the UK, maybe could set up small facebook page for expats in Nakhon Sawan? and get some others interested? i guess if you dont try you will never know, and i guess it could be not much fun having nobody to chat too :(

Cheers Matt.

• 5 months later...

If you live in Nakhon Sawan, Mai Sot is the closest border crossing. It's about a 3 to 3.5 hour drive, the last 70 kilometers single lane over the mountains. There is no place closer. It costs 500 baht to enter Myanmar and the crossing and return is painless as there are very few "farangs" there and you just go to the front of the line. If you have to take a bus I think that you can leave NS early inb the morning and get back around midnight the same day. I did it many years ago but not since 2004.

If you live in Nakhon Sawan, Mai Sot is the closest border crossing. It's about a 3 to 3.5 hour drive, the last 70 kilometers single lane over the mountains. There is no place closer. It costs 500 baht to enter Myanmar and the crossing and return is painless as there are very few "farangs" there and you just go to the front of the line. If you have to take a bus I think that you can leave NS early inb the morning and get back around midnight the same day. I did it many years ago but not since 2004.

That's good to know. Still considering where to move when I go to Thailand and border runs may be a necessity for awhile. Hopefully no border runs, but depends on how things go down the road.

I think they do a mini bus from N/S Nong/Dave would know the time's where are you Dave??? from K.P.Phet it's a short 1.5 hour's by car you can get a mini bus or bus from K.P.Phet take's about 2 hour's, also lot's of Farang here + many more choices food wise and it's doesn't flood just a thought if your open to ware your going to stay.

H/M

• 2 weeks later...

i live in Nakhon Sawan near the Town hall. If anyonne wants to meet message me or reply.

Cheers

Ed

Hi Ed my wife and I have a house in Nakhon Sawan but I don't live there yet but we're coming out in January for a few weeks so if you fancy meeting for a beer that would be good. Ian

My wife and I live in mu ban diplaum -- a Steven speilbergy middle class section. Not too far from the Sri Nakhon market . A few farangs here, but we don't see them around often.

Yep. I agree. Can be hard to meet people. And since we don't drink or hang in bars... I like the idea of a Facebook page to kick start something off. Lemme put it on my list ...

Ken b

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Daniel. I've been to Nakhon Sawan, many times. Love this city, although I'm only 29, I already fancy retiring here someday, with the wifey from Phaisali (50 so km from NS), we normally spend a week or so here, _i find it very relaxing, love the area around the lake, restaurants, and of course my gym Nakhon Sawan gym (fitness freak). I'll be back in mid February, wouldn't mind having a beer with some of you guys around that time.

Cheers

I'm now in Kamphaeng Phet for 4 months and just walked....and walked...and walked until i even found a bar that was open to go and sit and chill and have a drink. 6.6km over the bridge to the other side where i once stayed before. No bars seem to open here until night, just nothing unless you cross the river which is a long walk. Worth it now i am here looking over the river but contemplating the long way back again,

My girl has had to go back to work in Lan Krabue today so bored....lol

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Hi new to kp want to know if there is anyone who likes a cold beer or who likes to go for a ride on there motorcycle cheers.

Hi,

I'm also new to KPP. I just arrived up here early November......and i always like a beer!

I'm here until late March and have plenty time during the week usually to chill and relax as my g/f works in Lan Krabue.

In fact right now as i type this i am sitting on the riverside with a nice cold beer!

Hi new to kp want to know if there is anyone who likes a cold beer or who likes to go for a ride on there motorcycle cheers.

Hi,

I'm also new to KPP. I just arrived up here early November......and i always like a beer!

I'm here until late March and have plenty time during the week usually to chill and relax as my g/f works in Lan Krabue.

In fact right now as i type this i am sitting on the riverside with a nice cold beer! �

To both of you lads above. Loads of place's to drink Eat day and night you just have to know where they are.

If you go to the 1 Tak road head towards Tak till you get to the new Global (everyone knows that place just ask) as you get there turn down the road that's just before it and some 1 km on the left is Oasis restaurant Bar Open from 11am till 10pm and later ??? "closed Monday" sells good coffee and assorted beer only western food though. Mike a German owns it great bloke speaks fluent English alas no Thai.

Perchance a few of us English mob will be having a drink there tomorrow Saturday night from about 6/30pm onwards your very welcome to pop along and get yourselves mixed in with some of the locals.

If you cant make it send me a P.M and I'll try and help out with suggestions re where to go etc.

Fred.

Just a thought Evergreen. WALK. EEEEEEEEEEEK. You need some transport.

Archived