French Tourist Claims He Was Robbed After Phuket Spending Spree

Lite Beer

Want to know where you can go for only 2000 baht. I seem to get through bout 1000 the first hour accelerating thereafter. One day someone will find me unconscious hugging the bowl (of an ATM)

What I can't understand is how so frequently I get back with nil baht . Has the last bar accepted part payment .Beats me. The wife worries if I have money...

Reminds me of my aunty who used to say" we didn't have a nice time but at least wrong didn't spend any money"

What a catch that guy must be.... 2000 Baht! "Hey Big Spender" - I would hate to see his wife if he is more scared of her that he resorts to filing a false police report for theft and assault rather than own up to blowing 2K Baht! Isn't there a job going in the Finance Ministry in France at the moment? I hear Greece needs some strict "Austerity" - maybe she can get a job there.

I think he spent the money on peroxide. It must have taken 20 liters to bleach that hair. Maybe he ran out of money before he could buy a comb.

Maybe he's trying to standout from all the grey ponytails here...

Let's see now, police found no witnesses or video for the robbery, with such proof, it has to be a false report, and the grenouille realized his dilemma and confessed.

Do foreigners really frequently make false robbery, rape, and other criminal reports against Thais? Why? Feeble-mindedness seems the only logical reason.

I wouldn't waste my afternoon in a Police station for B2000--and what do you think the odds are for police, anywhere, solving these sorts of crimes, especially if they are false?

Minh pla

I'm still trying to reconcile these 2 statements. Perhaps someone can help out...

1) Filing false reports to police are treated seriously in Thailand.

2) Danish tourist Morten Berthelsen, 18, was handed down a 500-baht fine and a two-year suspended jail sentence – but was not deported.

Where does the "seriously" come in?

Edited by USNret
  • Like 1

In Asia men sometimes bring their salaries to home and wife will give some spending money back to the men. But in France? That's only 50 euros, which should not be an calculated cost, specially during holidays.

Every day more than once pockets checked! tongue.png

I had such a Thai GF! If you do not drink Alcohol its difficult to say where even 2.000 Baht had been gone! rolleyes.gif

But same another Poster already mentioned, another NEWS source stated something about 20.000 Baht he just took out of an ATM which "disappeared!" laugh.png

Edited by ALFREDO

UPDATE
Phuket expat fined B4,000 for false robbery report

Nattha Thepbamrung

PHUKET: -- Phuket expatriate, Frenchman Marc Forestier, has been fined B4,000 by the Phuket District Court for filing a false report stating that he had been robbed.

Forestier, 54, went to Karon Police station on Friday (April 12) to report that he had been robbed of B20,000 cash in front of the Siam Commercial Bank branch near Karon Circle.

“He said that after he withdrew the cash, he had walked 10 metres from the ATM when two robbers on a motorcycle snatched his wallet,” said Pol Lt Channarong Prakongkua of Karon Police.

“So, we looked at all the CCTV cameras in the area for footage recorded at the time he told us he was robbed, but we saw no robbery taking place.”

The CCTV camera at a nearby minimart recorded Forestier withdrawing money from the ATM and then getting onto his motorcycle – without being attacked.

“In the footage he was wearing a helmet. Initially he denied it was him [in the footage] but finally he admitted that he had lied to the police because he did not want to tell his wife that he had spent a lot of money.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-expat-fined-b4-000-for-false-robbery-report-38654.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-04-15