BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Longbow212

Massage Courses

I am interested in doing a massage course. I know Wat Pho is frequently recommended but I have a full time job so am unable to attend every single day. If any one knows of a course that can be completed during evenings and weekends please let me know.

Many massage courses can be completed in 30mins or 1hr sessions with good results and happy outcome if you know where to go.....

Sorry about that couldn't resist though.

Edited by Keith67

Hope you know you can never work or charge money for that in Thailand as its a restricted occupation. Just saying.

I know a very respected Ajarn who usually takes on up to half a dozen apprentices at a time as an adjunct to the normal business of running a traditional massage shop. I'm sure her prices have gone up in the past few years, but her charge used to be a flat THB 4,000. For that the student can come and go as they please for however many months they like, but note that most stay in the shop full-time and leave after three or four months.

She doesn't issue any kind of official certification, just a practical transfer of knowledge and supervision of practice. In my travels checking out the shops in the Silom/Sathorn area over the years, I always asked the Mo Nuat where she learned her trade, and well over a hundred of them in dozens of shops gave me her name, and they were always better at it than those that attended the official schools.

Her English isn't great but good enough for the purpose. If you are interested PM me and I'll give you directions, not far from Sathorn Pier/Saphan Taksin BTS station.

If you are male there may be an issue since all her staff and learners have been female AFAIK.