German Expat Dies In Phuket After Night Out Drinking

webfact

Agree with Soi 41, a wife who comes home 'after' her husband - and at 5:00am? But as it is easier to write off the death as accidental or natural, the B.i.B. will be unlikely to investigate further.

Why is it raising suspicion that his wife comes home at 5am? There's a suggestion in your post that she may have had something to do with his death.

Do you know why she was not home until 5am? I don't think so. Many people work nights or go out without their spouses, wives don't have to be home before their husbands, or at exactly the same time, do they?

• Like 1

When his wife returned home at 5 am !

Am I the only one smelling a rat here ??

She was out working?? maybe she is a nurse? smile,,, the rat may be in your mind. Hope he left her some good memories.

A thai woman married to a farang and working? And @ night? Don't take that stuff again, it's illegal in Thailand!!

Wife out until 5AM would make many a Man drink to much...

Maybe they had a mutual agreement that they could both go out independantly and do whatever they wanted as many couple do everywhere. If they were like the many of the same mind set then what business is that of anyone else. Before anyone jumps, no, it's not my way of life, but if it's someones elses and they're happy doing it then good luck to them and I would never think of putting them down for it.

Not necessarily, his wife might have come home early in the morning after visiting her family at her home town during the Songkran festival, because it is traditional for Thai's to go back to their home town during the Songkran festival.

At the end of it, many leave late in the evening to get back home via public transport (or cars) and arrive home again early in the morning.

Thus the 5.AM arrival of his wife could have been due to her return from the Songkran home town visit to her family.

If he was a heavy drinker with a high blood pressure then a heart attack or a mental stroke

could have occurred, RIP ...

Edited by personchester

I knew a guy once who was just like this in that he liked to hold up the bar to keep it from falling over. One sunny afternoon in Pattaya, his friends told me, he was on the stool sipping a gin and tonic and simply tipped over and fell on the floor stone dead. What can you say about that? I just hope these guys are thinking happy thoughts when this happens.

Another Phuket story. For sure wife did not get up to go to the bathroom at 05:00 and find him dead. CRAZY!

You really are bitter about Phuket, but still keep coming to the Phuket forum here and keep posting. CRAZY! Don't like it, leave it behind.

She was out working?? maybe she is a nurse? smile,,, the rat may be in your mind. Hope he left her some good memories.

or a brain surgeon who was called to duty because of a songkran accident with skull trauma? ermm.gif

The article doesn't say his wife returned home at 5 AM. She found him at 5 AM.

You need to learn to read mate. The article clearly states that his body was found at five A.M, it then goes on to say that his wife returned home and found him dead, it therefore follows that the wife returned at 5 A.M.

By the way, I am in no way speculating that the wife was in any way involved in his death. On the other hand it is not beyond the realms of possibility, as most homicides are committed by close family members of the victim.

The article doesn't say his wife returned home at 5 AM. She found him at 5 AM.

You need to learn to read mate. The article clearly states that his body was found at five A.M, it then goes on to say that his wife returned home and found him dead, it therefore follows that the wife returned at 5 A.M.

By the way, I am in no way speculating that the wife was in any way involved in his death. On the other hand it is not beyond the realms of possibility, as most homicides are committed by close family members of the victim.

There is no reason at all to suspect or even mention homicide.

A thai woman married to a farang and working? And @ night? Don't take that stuff again, it's illegal in Thailand!!

Thai women are different from other women? Maybe you're the one who is hooked on something?

or a brain surgeon who was called to duty because of a songkran accident with skull trauma? ermm.gif

By coincidence, my friend had to work nights at the hospital in Udon during Songkran.

A lot of people work night shifts. Who do you think works the restaurants, hotels, police & fire departments, airport, sewing centers and service centers between 6 pm and 8 am every day? Do you think that the service sector, which is a major employer in Phuket just shuts down during the aforementioned period?

By coincidence, my friend had to work nights at the hospital in Udon during Songkran.

A lot of people work night shifts. Who do you think works the restaurants, hotels, police & fire departments, airport, sewing centers and service centers between 6 pm and 8 am every day? Do you think that the service sector, which is a major employer in Phuket just shuts down during the aforementioned period?

Most womem who have "hooked" a farang do not have to work any more. My guess is, she was out gambling.

Anyway, I glad there will be an autopsy.