Young Thai Fatally Shot During Drunken Bravado

Rimmer

RIP. With all the Buddhism in Thailand, and all the guns in the USA, it's hard to explain why the murder rate per capita in Thailand is 2X that of the USA. Something is wrong. Until one recognizes and acknowledges a problem, there can be no hope to fix it.

I have sons his age; my thoughts are with the families.

Nothing wrong with your sentiments, but, you need to realise that many people in the world have no thoughts for anyone but themselves and no amount of analysis, and understanding of them will ever change them.

They have something missing that can never be put back into their brains.

It doesn't make life any easier for us, who are 'normal', we just have to try to keep out of it.

No-one can ever change these people or fix their problem.

All part of lifes' rich tapestrywai2.gif

Edited by overherebc

No Bouncers at Dances ??? the shooter was obviously looking for trouble to carry a gun . These young Thai guys don't have any respect for the Law. A few months ago, a youth was attacked outside my mates shop with a Machete and the Police and Ambulance was called. The attackers rode off on their Motor Bikes but returned a short time later and brushed past the Policeman (who didn't raise a finger) and attempted to attack the victim who was in the back of the ambulance. (the culprits didn't succeed but I am sure they were never charges with the offence)

What is this crapola about him being uncivilized?

No backup blah blah blah.....

personally i think its a bit uncivilized to shoot someone in the head.. let alone shoot someone in the head FOUR times.

They sound like they were both idiots.. but RIP

• Like 1

I guess the Thai-ness involves how feet are considered then how "face" is considered followed by a type of bravado in group situations. Not all unique to Thailand but magnified somewhat here. All quite tragic in this case however.

Rubbish ... !! nothing at all to do with this face thing or foot and head thing ... All this has to do with RAGE reigning in our world right now ... there are so may emotionally pent up and enraged people out there that you even wonder if the nice cool neighbor you have may not just totally and unexpectedly blow their top at any unforseable time and do something as crazy as this ... we are living in scary and very unpredictable times..... these type of unexpected and radical behaviours are happening more and more and more and on a daily basis hat too ....

I guess the Thai-ness involves how feet are considered then how "face" is considered followed by a type of bravado in group situations. Not all unique to Thailand but magnified somewhat here. All quite tragic in this case however.

This has nothing to do with 'Thai-ness' - face nor feet.

It has more to do with too much ale and there being dolly birds about the place.

No, no, he's correct,

the ale just takes the fundamentals he mentioned to utterly stupid extremes.

• Like 1

It has been said many times that farang will never understand THAI-NESS. That sounds like an absolute and true statement!

Same same.

The Thais will also never understand FARANG-NESS ...... lone gunmen in Western countries killing innocent people

without any rhyme or reason. This is also an absolute and true statement !

It has been said many times that farang will never understand THAI-NESS. That sounds like an absolute and true statement!

What has this to do with 'Thai-ness'?

It has everything to do with Thainess. Low self esteem, low education, and little care for the consequences of their actions. Its a daily event on the road, and easy access to guns doesn't help

So all the young people in other countries have high self-esteem, high education and are socially responsible for their actions?

Have a read of Yahoo and BBC news and see what's happening in the great Western civilizations.

Look at someone the wrong way in Britain and its a good kicking or stabbing (because they ain't got easy access to guns). In the States you risk being shot.

Not as much as you do in Thailand, particularly in Songkran.

And sadly more so in the Pattaya area. There is a several day drunken festival which moves on to Bang Saray for a day.

Edited by jacko45k

What has this to do with 'Thai-ness'?

Isn’t that the denomination used to have an excuse for any wrong doing? Or was that the term “Thai tradition”?

Beautiful! Simply beautiful! Teenage crime and pregnancies are evolving along the international scale at a rate faster than industry and education. Seems to me the government's true agenda is becoming more and more clear every day; whether they intend it or not.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

R I P

Guns , Guns & more Guns

Mix them with Drugs &/or Alcohol , & you have a Fatal Mix

Surprising to me the amount of handguns turning up so frequently . That usually means Drugs are in big supply & demand .

An observation from experience

ph34r.png

Do not underestimate how many of these harmless looking young lads have guns. Several years ago there was a party a the local wat and some young men started fighting, one went home got a grenade and killed 8 people.

Its a if they don't care about the consequences, ex BIL killed a man who was beating up his mum, so he spent 4 years in prison, his wifes family had a dispute over some land and as cool as a cucumber he said do you want me to kill them.

He was early twenties had very little money, but he always had a gun.

If you have ever watched Thai TV then see if you can guess how many times the average 21 year old has seen pictures of one person pointing a gun at another. To watch Thai TV series you'd think that having everyone pointing guns at everyone else was a normal state of affairs.

Your wrong about Thai TV, its not only about guns. There are other nice qualities being taught to everyone, there is shouting at each other, until one slaps the other, there is slapping, until someone else comes to the scene and starts kicking. There are lots of dark skinned people that upset the special race of straight nosed, white skinned intelligent people, and then last but not least, is everyone on the telephone shouting, and the ever present listener, behind the tree. Thats only the positive points, I have left out the negative points.

Your wrong about Thai TV, its not only about guns. There are other nice qualities being taught to everyone, there is shouting at each other, until one slaps the other, there is slapping, until someone else comes to the scene and starts kicking. There are lots of dark skinned people that upset the special race of straight nosed, white skinned intelligent people, and then last but not least, is everyone on the telephone shouting, and the ever present listener, behind the tree. Thats only the positive points, I have left out the negative points.

I'm sure you're right. I only ever see it in 5 second bursts as I dash through the room. You forgot to mention the pickup truck full of gunmen armed with automatic weapons racing around at high speed. That seems to be another regular feature.

Victim steps on foot of shooter and walks toward him and takes 4 shots to the head. Shooter must be good shot if victim on way down after first shot. Or shooter walks over to down victim and puts three more in his head. Was victim still a threat after first hit? Second hit? Third hit? Shooter deserves the death penalty.