Volunteer Teacher Available!

Pusa

Hello, my name is Bjorn Nilsson, I'm 25 years old from Sweden. I speak and write fluent english and I'm looking for a job as a teacher. I have taught children in Sweden as a substitute teacher, and I love it. Now I would like to give my help where its needed in thailand. Anybody knows somplace? Maybe even at the school you are working at? I do need a bed and food daily, but i'm not more picky than that.

Please notify me if you see an opening, or know of something that might be of interest for me..

Please send me a PM. I'm currently on Koh Phangan, but sick of having a vacation. I want to teach!

Pusa, for how many months do you want to work in one place?

I've edited your email address out; people can send you a PM (private message).

As I heard from someone living down here, the summerbreak in thailand starts 1 of may.. Is that correct? In that case I would like to stay until the end of the semester. My visa is valid until the middle of june. Have to get out of the country once though..

Bjorn

Edited by Pusa

Good luck, Bjorn. I think your best bet is to approach your search as a job hunt- look for the salaried positions, like on the Ajarn jobs board. Many of them are basically at charity wages, anyway. The thing you may come up against is that a lot of them want to dominate their employees- so they'll be suspicious and ungrateful to you as a volunteer, since they can't force you to do anything. But try anyway- you may get lucky.

"Steven"

Hello, my name is Bjorn Nilsson, I'm 25 years old from Sweden. I speak and write fluent english and I'm looking for a job as a teacher. I have taught children in Sweden as a substitute teacher, and I love it. Now I would like to give my help where its needed in thailand. Anybody knows somplace? Maybe even at the school you are working at? I do need a bed and food daily, but i'm not more picky than that.

Please notify me if you see an opening, or know of something that might be of interest for me..

Please send me a PM. I'm currently on Koh Phangan, but sick of having a vacation. I want to teach!

Hi I can give you one school please email to us I can give you room and board for sure you can start 02 April

07 921 5081

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pusa,

I understand about being sick of having a vacation and wanting to do something meaningful. There is a small village close to where we are building a house and the mayor of the village approached me (via an interpreter) and asked if I would be willing to teach English as a volunteer. The village is very poor and can't afford to pay for an English teacher. I am thrilled to be of service and will start teaching in May (when school year begins). In the beginning I will only teach a couple of hours a week because I don't have any experience teaching English and want to start slowly. Currently I'm doing research and gathering supplies. PM me if you are interested or if you have tips to share.