Tiger Pushing For 'fairness' In Phuket Fire Case

webfact

Tiger pushing for 'fairness' in Phuket fire case
Tanyaluk Sakoot

tiger.jpg
The gutted interior of the disco after the blaze was extinguished.

PHUKET: -- With the court hearings to decide blame and punishment in the Tiger Discotheque fire gradually approaching, Tiger’s legal counsel has launched a campaign to “ensure fairness”.

Four people died when the upstairs disco in the two-floor complex on Patong’s Bangla Rd caught fire on August 17 last year. Thanks to the widespread use of styrofoam décor, the fire turned into an inferno in minutes.

The Tiger Group’s legal counsel, Thamrongsak Boonrak, told The Phuket News this week, “Tiger just want a fair judgement in the case.

“Evidence was removed by officials [immediately after the fire]. Then they held a press conference.

“We want to show our evidence before we are accused. In fact, many people had come into the disco [on the night of the fire] and were sitting in the disco because it was raining.

“Then lightning hit the electricity transformer outside the building. That caused a lot of sparks. I am no expert, but even I can understand that’s how the fire started.

“We cannot and will not accept that the accident was our fault. I have collected all the evidence myself and sent it to the Regional Prosecutor – twice.”

Phuket’s Chief Public Prosecutor, Chiengsaen Panya, told The Phuket News, “I know that Tiger already sent their evidence to the Regional Prosecutor’s Department for the South of Thailand.”

He explained that the Regional Prosecutor has the power to amend the charges in a case, and to order further investigations before the case comes to court. Tiger has been charged with negligence causing death and injury following the fire.

“I believe we will know the regional prosecutor’s opinion soon,” he said.

Meanwhile, Tiger continues to do business in the building where the blaze took place. The downstairs area is full of shops doing brisk business.

Upstairs, however, where the four victims died, the bare shell has been cleaned up but is empty and roofless, looking up into the night sky.

Source; http://www.thephuketnews.com/tiger-pushing-for-%E2%80%98fairness%E2%80%99-in-phuket-fire-case-38905.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-04-24

Yet an EGAT official said there was no way the transformer fire could have spread from the street to the interior of the disco.

Why was the new lighting system removed from the scene by Tiger employees before the investigators arrived?

I'll bite, because it was what caused the fire. Does anyone know where the photos of the new lighting equipment being hauled off was published? I distinctly remember seeing them.

• Like 2

Yet an EGAT official said there was no way the transformer fire could have spread from the street to the interior of the disco.

Why was the new lighting system removed from the scene by Tiger employees before the investigators arrived?

Just a shot in the dark......

Ummmm, maybe so the "The Tiger Group’s" shareholders, the same scum that ran the Shark guy outta town didn't get charged with criminal negligence causing death x 4 counts??

I distinctly remeber lots of electrical work being done on that Tiger sign in the days leading up to the fire

I distinctly remember a lot of empty bars up for rent in the new tiger, with no takers because they were too expensive, and a lot of cheaper and long leases in the old tiger.

An "unfortunate" fire occurs and now the new tiger is full, with the bars paying bigger money each month.