Phuket Tourist Shooting Aussies Get Bail

webfact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys are 2 of the nicest gents you will ever meet! Swing by one of the Johnny tattoo spots and see for yourself... Also the misleading stories in the press are so far from the actual situation it's scary, I think they make stuff up on the spot to make the story flow, for those of you who don't know:

The prick they were after is wanted in his home country on fraud charges, scammed numerous hotels and businesses in Thailand and was out on bail in Thailand when this whole situation happened!

The guy they were after had basically stolen one of their rental scooters (after renting, not paying and thereafter not returning and hiding). It was not a big bike or a loan as the various media states.

The Aussies had "reported" this to the cops who had told them they should handle it with the prick. The cops had said he was on bail on a current charge and that he had a bail check appearance on X date.

The Aussies went to the court and the prick didn't show up to sign his bail check report and they were left in the same situation they started in. This guy was not only running from them but wasn't checking in with the courthouse in Phuket.

These guys did not walk out in a premeditated fashion to shoot this guy, they are always strapped/carrying so nothing was different on this day when looking for the prick. These guys are MC members and decent guys but you're taking the piss with any business owner especially these ones if you pull a stunt like this. To add insult to injury no one was helping them sort it out "correctly" so they took matters into their own hands and the rest is history. They missed because the guy was on the stolen scooter when they fired at him not 2feet away and having a convo with them as media states. They were looking for him and the prick scoots straight past them on the "stolen" bike.

Impulse reaction? Whip out my gun and have a shot? A bit drastic to anyone following the story... Even crazier when friends of the gunman heard this because he is the most placid and relaxed guy you can ever meet. Stories of people hitting on his girlfriend and him buying them a drink for the compliment type of guy.

That bail money is not bribe money it's all fully legal negotiated by their lawyers, set by the court and paid to the court. With the court system in Thailand they are now awaiting full submission of evidence by the police, after that the initial hearing, court hearing and sentencing thereafter... A process that can take up to and over 2 years especially with a not guilty plea.

Know the facts before commenting. You or me might not have whipped out a gun but if an obvious <deleted> was trying to add me to his list of victims I would have been on the same rampant mission as these Aussies went on to sort it out!

They are the good guys in the situation and they are genuinely sorry for the innocent bystanders and regret their actions. They have conveyed this feeling to the bystanders who are back in their home country and have no intentions of coming to thailand to aid in any part of the proceedings.

Don't go and bash these guys on open forum they have families and they were the good guys and acted stupidly in a fit of rage which they are obviously paying for...

Nicest gents you would ever meet?? oh I see ..they had their weapons strapped...that makes it Ok then...I suppose. <deleted>

The bloke stole a scooter...this now gives these dickheads the right to run around shooting people? Nice try mate but no chook in this raffle.

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

These two guys are complete idiots, however how much has the Red Bull kid have to pay for killing a ranking police office with his car??? Oh that's right he's still in his mansion never spending one day in jail or hasn't paid any fine outside of tr compensation to the family. Can you say double standard for foreigners?? How much of that 5million went into the pockets of polices pockets is a good question probably all of it.

It's not a question of double standards for foreigners, it's a question of Hi-So or not!

This is a topic near and dear to my heart. A person spends good money to purchase a firearm and then uses it in an unwise manner. He then pays the equivalent of 20 sin sots to post bail. Depending on where you live, a gunshot would will most likely require a minimum of 200 K Baht to treat . Now add in the civil suit and the plaintiff's lawyer fees.. you are looking at about 10M Baht minimum. If you are considering shooting someone, please call me. For 1M baht I will hire this kid who can roundhouse a German off of bar stool before you can say Gershwin. I'll get your money back and you'll be 9 Million Baht ahead.

"Nice try mate but no chook in this raffle"

Shame just another one on the thaivisa boards who's constant cynicism, negativity and all high so "Iam an angel hang draw and quarter them" attitude makes it an unbearable environment.

I didn't once say it was right? Have a read before you post... When did I ever condone or support anything? Iam laying down facts and you harping at me like iam an activist for them or something? <deleted>

its so easy to sit back and condemn people you dont know , John Cohen was a customer of mine and in my opinion could only be described as a nice , polite guy, always laid back and had time for everyone .... now before u get excited and crucify the guy because he has Tatts and looks a little rough ... i urge anyone who has a bad word about him to speak up !!... what happened was a set of events that should never have happened , he admits that things got out of control , he is extremely remorseful ... he is not Australian scum , far from it in fact ... it shows you how quickly your life can change when the wrong decision is made in the heat of the moment .... let him pay for his poor judgement and then get on with his life ....

The world needs more guys like you.

Look, ive gotta say - and I know most of you will scorn me for this - I think fair play to the bloke. If some idiot borrowed 380K from me and didnt pay it back, whilst continuing to live the good life in paradise, I would be happy to take simmilar action.

Of course I wouldnt because I am not that stupid and I dont have the balls anyway. But putting a couple of slugs in a blokes legs for taking you for a mug... why not?

Its obviously a shame that the the two tourists got hit though.

Just my opinion. Please just leave me alone for saying so, ok?

There are times when the use of a weapon is necessary but this was not one of them.

Have you seen the size of these guys the weapon's on the ends of there arms would have done the trick.

He did say they should not have used a weapon.

I did read that he was probably talking about fighting fire with fire in some countries you would get away with that but there are other countries you wont its referred to ,as

taking the law into your own hands.So you have to be careful

Right or wrong that's how it is .

Look, ive gotta say - and I know most of you will scorn me for this - I think fair play to the bloke. If some idiot borrowed 380K from me and didnt pay it back, whilst continuing to live the good life in paradise, I would be happy to take simmilar action.

Of course I wouldnt because I am not that stupid and I dont have the balls anyway. But putting a couple of slugs in a blokes legs for taking you for a mug... why not?

Come on mate...please...we don't run around shooting people in Australia over what...12 grand?? If someone did he should be locked up for a very long time. We don't do it here and we shouldn't export that thinking anywhere else regardless of the local customs of shooting first and asking for the money later. there are many better civilised ways of settling debts...a broken leg usually does the trick.

Thankfully Australias has tougher gun laws or we well might see more shootings

These guys are 2 of the nicest gents you will ever meet! Swing by one of the Johnny tattoo spots and see for yourself... Also the misleading stories in the press are so far from the actual situation it's scary, I think they make stuff up on the spot to make the story flow, for those of you who don't know:

The prick they were after is wanted in his home country on fraud charges, scammed numerous hotels and businesses in Thailand and was out on bail in Thailand when this whole situation happened!

The guy they were after had basically stolen one of their rental scooters (after renting, not paying and thereafter not returning and hiding). It was not a big bike or a loan as the various media states.

The Aussies had "reported" this to the cops who had told them they should handle it with the prick. The cops had said he was on bail on a current charge and that he had a bail check appearance on X date.

The Aussies went to the court and the prick didn't show up to sign his bail check report and they were left in the same situation they started in. This guy was not only running from them but wasn't checking in with the courthouse in Phuket.

These guys did not walk out in a premeditated fashion to shoot this guy, they are always strapped/carrying so nothing was different on this day when looking for the prick. These guys are MC members and decent guys but you're taking the piss with any business owner especially these ones if you pull a stunt like this. To add insult to injury no one was helping them sort it out "correctly" so they took matters into their own hands and the rest is history. They missed because the guy was on the stolen scooter when they fired at him not 2feet away and having a convo with them as media states. They were looking for him and the prick scoots straight past them on the "stolen" bike.

Impulse reaction? Whip out my gun and have a shot? A bit drastic to anyone following the story... Even crazier when friends of the gunman heard this because he is the most placid and relaxed guy you can ever meet. Stories of people hitting on his girlfriend and him buying them a drink for the compliment type of guy.

That bail money is not bribe money it's all fully legal negotiated by their lawyers, set by the court and paid to the court. With the court system in Thailand they are now awaiting full submission of evidence by the police, after that the initial hearing, court hearing and sentencing thereafter... A process that can take up to and over 2 years especially with a not guilty plea.

Know the facts before commenting. You or me might not have whipped out a gun but if an obvious ***** was trying to add me to his list of victims I would have been on the same rampant mission as these Aussies went on to sort it out!

They are the good guys in the situation and they are genuinely sorry for the innocent bystanders and regret their actions. They have conveyed this feeling to the bystanders who are back in their home country and have no intentions of coming to thailand to aid in any part of the proceedings.

Don't go and bash these guys on open forum they have families and they were the good guys and acted stupidly in a fit of rage which they are obviously paying for...

Why carry the gun? Their act of stupidity surely started when they took the gun from home with them. hardly a spontaneous act/fit of rage when you have made an earlier decision to carry the gun, for what would seem to be one reason; the intent to use it.

Know the facts before commenting. You or me might not have whipped out a gun but if an obvious ****** was trying to add me to his list of victims I would have been on the same rampant mission as these Aussies went on to sort it out!

You lost me at "always strapped".

I grew up in the roughest and poorest suburb in all of Australia...but I don't walk around with a sidearm.

I personally witnessed two people murdered and one put in a wheel chair for life before I was 13.

Your nice guy story doesn't wash with me.......NOT ONE BIT.

Wouldn't any NORMAL human being, prior to pulling a gat out in a crowded tourist venue, weigh up the possibility of hurting OR KILLING an innocent bystander (or two).

We are not talking about a pub brawl here where someone lands a punch and the other guy falls down and hits his head on the cement and dies...an accidental killing.

We are talking about someone carrying a loaded and illegal firearm, in a crowded tourist venue, and then firing it randomly into a crowd.

What is the market value of the second hand rental scooter....15KTHB....20KTHB...

It follows that your mates apparently are of the view that the lives of innocent bystanders, like man and woman shot, are worth less than the price of a second hand twist and go motorbike.

I don't care if I lost you I wasn't trying to find you...

Listen you obviously locked in your mentality about how you a thug if you walk around with a gun and people must be punished for their actions whatever! And that your mates have been shot (so have mine, family members infact) but hey! Stick in your mentality with the rest of the drones.

They didn't think of the innocent bystanders they were selfish in their rage! They expressed this! Apologized for this! Cared about this part of the situation more than anything! It was the last thing they wanted! None of this would have happened if it wasn't for an internationally wanted scamming prick pulling stunts that lead to the series of events... On top of that it wouldn't have happened if police had done something when they reported the bike theft!!!!

Again I say does that make what they did right???? <deleted> NO!!!!!! I never said that but you people with this twisted attitude towards them for what they did need to see the daylight and get over your goody clappy ways! You're all slaves influenced by a skewed view of justice and a worldwide law system that often oversees the necessary and acts on the outcome for a front page article and a spot on prime time news... Makes me sick! And you eat your popcorn and comment on "bad" guy like you know him and all the details of the situation?

Please...

He should have hired a couple of Thai slicky boys to work the guy over good until he paid the money back!

Even if he would have been caught, the penalty for that is a lot less and probably a few thousand baht could have

Made it disappear at the local level.

Chulai 6768

Come on mate...please...we don't run around shooting people in Australia over what...12 grand?? If someone did he should be locked up for a very long time. We don't do it here and we shouldn't export that thinking anywhere else regardless of the local customs of shooting first and asking for the money later. there are many better civilised ways of settling debts...a broken leg usually does the trick.

Thankfully Australias has tougher gun laws or we well might see more shootings

Maybe...but I doubt it. I have been around a long time before John Howard and the shootings in Tasmania in 1995 or so that caused the so called gun crackdown (believe me there are still a bucketload of guns around regardless of the gun amnesty) . It is not our culture to run around with handguns shooting people. Sure some people have evolved to this...think bikie and Lebanese gangs...but not the general populace. I have also been around, and been part of, the bikie culture. Guns were never involved in the "old" days. it is only since the 80's and the dealing in drugs that this has happened.

To tell me these blokes involved were nice people...I well believe it..but it doesn't change the fact that they went out, armed, in public, with the express purpose of settling a gripe with violence and, as it turns out, with guns and bloodshed. Fortunately nobody was killed but the two gentlemen who were hit with gunfire will have to live with this all their lives. Imagine how they sleep at night, or how they react to loud noises from now on.

Don't give me a sob story about these thugs.

• Like 2

Know the facts before commenting. You or me might not have whipped out a gun but if an obvious ***** was trying to add me to his list of victims I would have been on the same rampant mission as these Aussies went on to sort it out!

You lost me at "always strapped".

I grew up in the roughest and poorest suburb in all of Australia...but I don't walk around with a sidearm.

I personally witnessed two people murdered and one put in a wheel chair for life before I was 13.

Your nice guy story doesn't wash with me.......NOT ONE BIT.

Wouldn't any NORMAL human being, prior to pulling a gat out in a crowded tourist venue, weigh up the possibility of hurting OR KILLING an innocent bystander (or two).

We are not talking about a pub brawl here where someone lands a punch and the other guy falls down and hits his head on the cement and dies...an accidental killing.

We are talking about someone carrying a loaded and illegal firearm, in a crowded tourist venue, and then firing it randomly into a crowd.

What is the market value of the second hand rental scooter....15KTHB....20KTHB...

It follows that your mates apparently are of the view that the lives of innocent bystanders, like man and woman shot, are worth less than the price of a second hand twist and go motorbike.

I don't care if I lost you I wasn't trying to find you...

Listen you obviously locked in your mentality about how you a thug if you walk around with a gun and people must be punished for their actions whatever! And that your mates have been shot (so have mine, family members infact) but hey! Stick in your mentality with the rest of the drones.

They didn't think of the innocent bystanders they were selfish in their rage! They expressed this! Apologized for this! Cared about this part of the situation more than anything! It was the last thing they wanted! None of this would have happened if it wasn't for an internationally wanted scamming prick pulling stunts that lead to the series of events... On top of that it wouldn't have happened if police had done something when they reported the bike theft!!!!

Again I say does that make what they did right???? <deleted> NO!!!!!! I never said that but you people with this twisted attitude towards them for what they did need to see the daylight and get over your goody clappy ways! You're all slaves influenced by a skewed view of justice and a worldwide law system that often oversees the necessary and acts on the outcome for a front page article and a spot on prime time news... Makes me sick! And you eat your popcorn and comment on "bad" guy like you know him and all the details of the situation?

Please...

@delh

I own a gun and carry it in my home country with a permit? Does this make me a bad guy?

Also they didn't go out with the intent of touching him, never mind breaking legs or firing a shot off! They were trying to find him for over a month... Eventually here comes the guy on the stolen scooter, sees them pulls grip to speed past?? They tried to stop him when he scooted past, imagine the frustration?? They don't call it blind rage for nothing...

@BookMan

As stated they ALWAYS carry a gun since day 1 of their many years in LOS... For their reasons as MC members, not getting into that!

They didn't source a gun or carry a gun on that specific day for the purpose of firing off a shot.

@BookMan

As stated they ALWAYS carry a gun since day 1 of their many years in LOS... For their reasons as MC members, not getting into that!

They didn't source a gun or carry a gun on that specific day for the purpose of firing off a shot.

Legal or illegal ?

@delh

I own a gun and carry it in my home country with a permit? Does this make me a bad guy?

Also they didn't go out with the intent of touching him, never mind breaking legs or firing a shot off! They were trying to find him for over a month... Eventually here comes the guy on the stolen scooter, sees them pulls grip to speed past?? They tried to stop him when he scooted past, imagine the frustration?? They don't call it blind rage for nothing...

So you carry a gun in your own country, fair enough. Is Thailand your own country ? Have you aimed and fired it off in the street at any member of the human race? So they had no plans to touch him? So what was their plan whilst looking for him, whilst carrying guns or otherwise?

The fact that they fired a shot, blind rage or not, demonstrates why they should not be carrying guns.

Edited by delh
  • Like 1

@BookMan

Legal or illegal ?

No comment. Don't think Farang can own a gun... Edited by TradeMark

@delh

So you carry a gun in your own country, fair enough. Is Thailand your own country ? Have you aimed and fired it off in the street? So they had no plans to touch him? So what was their plan whilst looking for him, whilst carrying guns or otherwise?

The fact that they fired a shot, blind rage or not, demonstrates why they should not be carrying guns.

Their plan was to find him at the court or his hotel and give a good roughing and "take" their bike and owed money back... But they found him and he did a runner and things got out of control without time to think of consequences! Not much time when your gameplan speeds off on your scooter, definitely the wrong impulse call on their behalf and they have admitted such. Edited by TradeMark
  • Like 1

No civilian should be carrying a gun around outside of their own property. Once you step out of your gate onto the road it is a public area. Only fully trained police officers should carry a side-arm in public, not civilians. These guys did wrong regardless. They should go to jail but also so should the other guy for his crimes. No one should be standing up for these people saying it was a heat of the moment action. They shot caused harm and as such should suffer the law, plus the other guy which will eventually be caught!

• Like 1

No civilian should be carrying a gun around outside of their own property. Once you step out of your gate onto the road it is a public area. Only fully trained police officers should carry a side-arm in public, not civilians. These guys did wrong regardless. They should go to jail but also so should the other guy for his crimes. No one should be standing up for these people saying it was a heat of the moment action. They shot caused harm and as such should suffer the law, plus the other guy which will eventually be caught!

If you have a license to carry you should be allowed your piece for protection in public. Did they have this , no.

Beyond that point no one is arguing with anything you just said... I never said heat of the moment was an excuse iam just saying that is what it was. Honest truth, plain and simple. Yes it was wrong, yes they did wrong. "They should be punished" rather they should face the consequences which they are doing at the moment.

The other guy was thrown in jail a few weeks after the Aussies were arrested on his prior charges and was jailed in the same jail as the "people who were trying to kill him". He is still in jail and alive.

@delh

So you carry a gun in your own country, fair enough. Is Thailand your own country ? Have you aimed and fired it off in the street? So they had no plans to touch him? So what was their plan whilst looking for him, whilst carrying guns or otherwise?

Their plan was to find him at the court or his hotel and give a good roughing and "take" their bike and owed money back... But they found him and he did a runner and things got out of control without time to think of consequences! Not much time when your gameplan speeds off on your scooter, definitely the wrong impulse call on their behalf and they have admitted such.

Weeeeeell, yeh. Big mistake. Now I have read lots now and am sure you had a great business relationship with the guys, what ever that was, but if you had a problem with them...............sad.png

I am no angel and have known a few very nice guys in the past, very nice until they were crossed. Some nice guys sort it with their heads but some at times lose the plot, get over heated and get banged up. Krays, Noye come to mind. Very rich folk from their ''businesses'' but lose it and end up the way these guys have, in a big fix.

• Like 1

@delh

Their plan was to find him at the court or his hotel and give a good roughing and "take" their bike and owed money back... But they found him and he did a runner and things got out of control without time to think of consequences! Not much time when your gameplan speeds off on your scooter, definitely the wrong impulse call on their behalf and they have admitted such.

'Things got out of control without time to think of the consequences' - nice. This is exactly why they are not equipped to carry guns.

I know it's selfish to lump it on others but I wish more of these d1ckheads types would leave Australian shores only to wind up in a shithole prison.

Well that, plus the fact that it would be nice to see a few present day stories in the Banged Up Abroad episodes.

I love Banged Up Abroad

@delh

'Things got out of control without time to think of the consequences' - nice. This is exactly why they are not equipped to carry guns.

Fair point and no arguing with that!

• Like 1

If you have a license to carry you should be allowed your piece for protection in public. Did they have this , no.

Beyond that point no one is arguing with anything you just said... I never said heat of the moment was an excuse iam just saying that is what it was. Honest truth, plain and simple. Yes it was wrong, yes they did wrong. "They should be punished" rather they should face the consequences which they are doing at the moment.

The other guy was thrown in jail a few weeks after the Aussies were arrested on his prior charges and was jailed in the same jail as the "people who were trying to kill him". He is still in jail and alive.

So he is still alive in jail with people who wanted to kill him. Could this possibly be because those trying to kill him didn't have their guns with them? What a coincidencewink.png

@delh

Weeeeeell, yeh. Big mistake. Now I have read lots now and am sure you had a great business relationship with the guys, what ever that was, but if you had a problem with them...............

I am no angel and have known a few very nice guys in the past, very nice until they were crossed. Some nice guys sort it with their heads but some at times lose the plot, get over heated and get banged up. Krays, Noye come to mind. Very rich folk from their ''businesses'' but lose it and end up the way these guys have, in a big fix.

My relationship was not business related and on a side note their business was 100% legitimate and legally registered in Thailand.

Fair point on defining a "nice guy" until they crossed or whatever it may be... Iam talking in the general sense of what people say when they meet someone. "Oh he's a prick" vs "yea he's a nice guy".... Anyone who tries or any expat who knows them will be very very hard pressed to find a single bad thing to say about either of the Aussies, they top guys and anyone who knows them by acquaintance or more will say the same.

• Like 1