Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have been in thailand for 6 weeks now over 2 weeks at the village. i do not visit redcafe i dont have internet access,and my opinions are mine.

have follwed united since 1965 my first game,i am not a glory hunter and am not obsessed with liverpool,i admitt some muppets at united sing about liverpool every game,and most genuine reds get a bit sick of it.

come on guy's where is you sense of humour.

sorry to offend you red scouse,where is that famours scouse wit.

i have been in thailand for 6 weeks now over 2 weeks at the village. i do not visit redcafe i dont have internet access,and my opinions are mine.

have follwed united since 1965 my first game,i am not a glory hunter and am not obsessed with liverpool,i admitt some muppets at united sing about liverpool every game,and most genuine reds get a bit sick of it.

come on guy's where is you sense of humour.

sorry to offend you red scouse,where is that famours scouse wit.

:D

you dont have to justify yourself mate. its only a bit of banter.

18-5 forever in our shadow :o

I think the Liverpool match sat is pay per view. Got no choice but to pay up.

Anyone know how I actually get it; do I just select it on the night from the remote?

Where are you watching the game from Spot ?????? , the game will be on ubc live for sure mate.

The only pay per view I have to do is when I get my bill every month :o .

I think the Liverpool match sat is pay per view. Got no choice but to pay up.

Anyone know how I actually get it; do I just select it on the night from the remote?

Where are you watching the game from Spot ?????? , the game will be on ubc live for sure mate.

The only pay per view I have to do is when I get my bill every month :o .

Your right SM.

I looked at the mag, nothing there, but on the web it says channel 68, which is a ppv channel. On 68 it says something in Thai which I think means that Gold package users will be able to view the Liverpool match.

Just got a bit confused (lack of sleep ha ha)..

Cheers mate.

spot

Fabulous Fabio is back on the mend at last :o . Rafa will be needing him ( for cover mostly ) aswell this season after losing out on Heinze :

Aurelio makes Reds reserve return

Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio came through his first taste of action since rupturing an Achilles tendon in April.

Aurelio, 28, played the first 45 minutes for Liverpool reserves in a specially arranged match against Crewe.

The Brazilian suffered the injury in last season's Champions League quarter-final at PSV Eindhoven.

Although his return to first-team action looks imminent, Saturday's Premier League trip to Portsmouth is likely to come too soon for him.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez was initially confident that Aurelio would recover in time to take part in pre-season training, with a view to making the start of the campaign.

o.gif Benitez is keen to have Aurelio back to provide cover and competition in the left-back berth, especially after missing out on the signing of Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze, who joined Real Madrid in August.

Fabulous Fabio is back on the mend at last :o . Rafa will be needing him ( for cover mostly ) aswell this season after losing out on Heinze :

Aurelio makes Reds reserve return

Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio came through his first taste of action since rupturing an Achilles tendon in April.

Aurelio, 28, played the first 45 minutes for Liverpool reserves in a specially arranged match against Crewe.

The Brazilian suffered the injury in last season's Champions League quarter-final at PSV Eindhoven.

Although his return to first-team action looks imminent, Saturday's Premier League trip to Portsmouth is likely to come too soon for him.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez was initially confident that Aurelio would recover in time to take part in pre-season training, with a view to making the start of the campaign.

o.gif Benitez is keen to have Aurelio back to provide cover and competition in the left-back berth, especially after missing out on the signing of Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze, who joined Real Madrid in August.

He was looking good before he got injured, so good to get him back.

It's a shame that Pako left :D , let's just hope none of the others get their dirty mits on one of the best number 2's in the premiership , and Liverpool and the mancs agree on something for once :o :

Pako Ayesteran to remain on leave Sep 12 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL hope to scupper any possible move by Chelsea or Manchester United for Pako Ayesteran by agreeing a period of ‘gardening leave’ for the former assistant.

Ayesteran is in the process of severing his ties at Anfield, but it’s feared Jose Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson are ready to pounce for his services.

Talks have been ongoing to establish whether the ex-Anfield number two will have the right to join another club this season when his period on Merseyside ends.

Anfield boss Rafa Benitez is understandably anxious to ensure his trusted lieutenant isn’t delivered into the hands of his Premiership rivals – especially as he’s been privy to so much tactical and technical information during the course of his time at Anfield.

It’s a sad end to Ayesteran’s Liverpool career as he gave the club great service, and it should be noted suggestions of Chelsea and United interest remains little more than speculation.

Benitez will be sweating over his international stars today, but he was helped by the early return of Xabi Alonso following his red card for Spain last weekend.

Alonso played in yesterday’s 2-1 reserve win against Crewe, in which Fabio Aurelio made his comeback from an Achilles injury.

Meanwhile, chief executive Rick Parry has confirmed Liverpool’s opposition to Michael Platini’s plans to revamp the Champions League.

Platini wants the fourth spot to go to the FA Cup winners.

Parry said: “Contrary to the claim only Liverpool and Manchester United oppose this in England, all the Premier League clubs at the UEFA meeting did so, and this position is supported by the Premier League itself.

“It’s not a question of self-interest by the big clubs, because if you look at the recent FA Cup winners’, all were in the top four. It’s just more of a lottery in the cup.

“There’s a strong feeling the Champions League place should be based on Premier League performance.

“Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle all feel the same way.”

Despite the protests, it’s feared Platini will be able to force through his proposals as he has the backing of the Italian FA, and most of the smaller European nations.

In future, the side handed the fourth spot is also likely to play more than one qualifying round.

Remember True has the rights to every single Premiership match, so you should always be able to watch every Liverpool match with the most expensive UBC/True package.

As for Pako, why is he leaving? I never read a story about this but seemed to hear about it somewhere.

Remember True has the rights to every single Premiership match, so you should always be able to watch every Liverpool match with the most expensive UBC/True package.

As for Pako, why is he leaving? I never read a story about this but seemed to hear about it somewhere.

The blurb from True was that all so called 'big four' teams would be available on the Gold package. It's on channel 68 at 18.45.

From what I read, Pako and Benitez have had some disagreements over the last few months. It's been in most of the UK papers.

I couldnt help feeling that the old Rafa had returned last night :D .

Not playing Gerrard , Torres , Kuyt and Babel from the get go I think cost us the 3 points and we know that Rafa had one eye on the champions league game on wednesday against Porto when picking his side to face Pompey.

Fair enough Portsmouth are a decent side and tough to beat at home but these are the type of games we need to be winning if we want to win the league.

Forget having one eye on the champions league and have both eyes on the premiership Rafa :o .

2nd and unbeaten .......... that'll do for now :D .

Fair enough Portsmouth are a decent side and tough to beat at home but these are the type of games we need to be winning if we want to win the league.

the important thing imho, is that we didnt lose this game. these were the games where we always came away with nothing.

mancs drew there as well, and pompey isnt an easy game for everyone nowadays.

birmingham at home

wigan away

tottenham home

nine points going into the derby

im a lot happier this year than last :o

the important thing imho, is that we didnt lose this game. these were the games where we always came away with nothing.

mancs drew there as well, and pompey isnt an easy game for everyone nowadays.

birmingham at home

wigan away

tottenham home

nine points going into the derby

im a lot happier this year than last :D

Still a long way to go mate. And no games are easy games.

I'll take the full points of though. :o

A bit of early news ahead of tomorrows game against Porto :

Porto v Liverpool Champions League, Group A match

Date: Tuesday, 18 September

Kick-off: 1945 BST

Venue: Estádio do Dragão

Listen: BBC Radio 5live

Updates: BBC Sport website and mobile

Liverpool's Mohamed Sissoko and John Arne Riise will miss the Champions League match against Porto on Tuesday. Left-back Riise is ruled out of the Group A encounter with a groin injury, while midfielder Sissoko's complaint has not been specified.

Bad news from Anfield :o :

Liverpool lose Agger and Alonso Liverpool's Daniel Agger and Xabi Alonso could be out for up to six weeks after both suffered broken metatarsals.

Denmark international Agger had been playing with the injury but complained of soreness ahead of Tuesday's Champions League draw in Porto.

Spain midfielder Alonso missed Saturday's draw at Portsmouth and aggravated the injury in training.

"Neither player requires surgery but we expect them to be out for between four and six weeks," said a spokesman.

Liverpool v Birmingham _44118639_liv_bir_0506.gif

Anfield

Saturday, 22 September

Kick-off: 1500 BST

Liverpool are without defender Daniel Agger and midfielder Xabi Alonso who both have metatarsal injuries.

On the plus side John Arne Riise is back in the squad and Fabio Aurelio is available after proving his fitness from an Achilles problem.

Birmingham skipper Damien Johnson will not be risked despite coming through a reserve game after a hamstring injury.

That means the Blues are set to name an unchanged team, with Olivier Kapo playing in the hole off the strikers.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Riise, Pennant, Gerrard, Sissoko, Mascherano, Benayoun, Babel, Kuyt, Crouch, Voronin, Torres, Itandje.

Birmingham (from): Taylor, Kelly, Ridgewell, Djourou, Queudrue, Larsson, Nafti, Muamba, McSheffrey, Kapo, Jerome, Oubina, Schmitz, O'Connor, Parnaby, Forssell, Kingson.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez:

"We need to get back to playing good football, passing the ball well, creating chances and scoring.

"The positive is we are still unbeaten and our idea is continue the momentum we've created for as long as possible.

"I know Birmingham will be a strong opponent. They have a lot of experience and their manager knows Liverpool."

<LI>Birmingham boss Steve Bruce:

"He appears to have behaved since joining Liverpool and made himself into a really good player.

"I felt that in the European Cup final (last season when they lost to AC Milan) he was their best player.

"No-one doubts his ability. He was a fantastic player for us and he is a genuinely a good kid."

BIG-MATCH FACTS

Liverpool go into this game two points off the pace, and unbeaten in eight games home and abroad this season.

Birmingham are looking for a third victory in four Premier League outings.

The Merseysiders scored six against Derby in their last home game, but five of their 10 league defeats last season, followed midweek Champions League ties.

Birmingham lead Liverpool by three wins to two in the Premier League head-to-head standings.

CLUB FORM

LIVERPOOL

Club stats Fixtures

1. Drawn the last two in league and Champions League.

2. One of three clubs still unbeaten in the Premier League. The others are Arsenal and Blackburn.

3. Won three and drawn two of five Premier League matches this season, and unbeaten in their last six.

3. Boasting the most lethal attack in the Premier League with 11 goals in five games; at one every 41 minutes on average.

4. One of two clubs in double figures in the "goals for" column in the Premier League. The other is Arsenal.

5. Still to concede a league goal from open play this season. Only Aston Villa and Chelsea have scored against the Reds - and both goals were from the penalty spot.

6. The only club yet to concede the opening goal in a Premier League game, and the only club yet to concede in the first half of a Premier League game.

7. Completed three consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League, and not conceded in 298 minutes (four hours 59 minutes) since Frank Lampard's penalty for Chelsea on 19 August.

8. Undefeated in six home league games. Won four and drawn two since losing 0-1, to Manchester United on 3 March.

9. The defeat against the Red Devils was their only home league loss last season and their only defeat in 37 Premier League matches at Anfield. They have indeed lost only two of 47 home league games.

10. Conceded more penalties in Premier League matches this season than any other club (three).

BIRMINGHAM CITY

Club stats Fixtures

1. Won three of the last four in all competitions - all by a single goal.

2. Won two of the last nine Premier League games.

3. Completed 49 league matches without a no-score draw; the last was away to Stoke on 12 August 2006 in the Championship.

4. Opened the scoring in four of their six league matches.

5. Registered one victory in 15 away fixtures in the Premier League; 1-2 against Derby on 25 August.

6. Failed to score in nine of the last 14 Premier League games on the road, and in 14 of 23.

7. Scheduled to play away to Blackburn twice in 12 days, in the Carling Cup and the Premier League. Between those fixtures, there's a home league clash with Manchester United.

KEY PLAYER NOTES

LIVERPOOL

Dirk KUYT, Fernando TORRES and Andriy VORONIN are Liverpool's joint top scorers with three each. Of the trio, the goals from TORRES were all in the Premier League.

If he plays:-

Harry KEWELL will be participating on his 29th birthday.

Fabio AURELOA will be competing two days before turning 28, and John Arne RIISE two days before his 27th birthday.

Steve FINNAN will be facing a former club. The 31 year old Republic of Ireland international midfielder began his professional career at St Andrews, making 22 appearances (15 in the league) and scoring one league goal between August 1995 and October 1996.

Jermaine PENNANT will be come up against former team mates. The 24 year old midfielder made 60 appearances (50 in the league) and scored three goals (two league) between January 2005 and his £6.7m move to Anfield in July 2006.

BIRMINGHAM CITY

Cameron JEROME, Olivier KAPO and Garry O'CONNOR are Birmingham's joint top scorers with two goals each. Only O'CONNOR's were not both in the Premier League.

JEROME has netted the quickest goal of this Premier League season, officially timed at 33 seconds; away to Derby on 25 August.

Rowan VINE needs a double to total 50 career league goals (Portsmouth, Brentford, Luton and Birmingham).

If he plays:-

Mehdi NAFTI will be making his 50th career league appearance.

Sebastian LARSSON will be making his 50th Premier League appearance.

HEAD TO HEAD

Liverpool are bidding for a third successive win over Birmingham, having won 0-7 at St Andrews in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup on 21 March 2006, and 0-1, also at St Andrews on 8 November 2006 in the fourth round of the Carling (League) Cup.

Both fixtures when they last met in the Premier League in the season before last were drawn. Birmingham did the double over the Merseysiders in the previous campaign to that.

Home and away

League (inc PL): Liverpool 46 wins, Birmingham 28, Draws 20

Prem: Liverpool 2 wins, Birmingham 3, Draws 3

at Liverpool only

League (inc PL): Liverpool 31 wins, Birmingham 7, Draws 9

Prem: Liverpool 1 win, Birmingham 1, Draws 2

LAST SEASON'S CORRESPONDING GAME Liverpool 1-1 Birmingham City

1 February 2006 - Ref: Uriah Rennie

Liverpool scorer: Gerrard 62

Birmingham scorer: Alonso 88 og

Sent Off: Johnson (Birmingham) 28

A bit of gossip :o :

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina wants to quit Anfield for Spanish side Atletico Madrid for whom his father Miguel played in the '70s. (Sun)

Sami Hyypia could be offered a new Liverpool contract if he continues to impress Rafael Benitez while deputising for Daniel Agger. (Daily Star) Liverpool are waiting for international clearance to complete the signing of Canadian midfielder Michael D'Agostino, 25. (Sun).

Daniel Agger has found something to do while he is out injured - the Liverpool defender has bought a Spanish restaurant called Que Pasa. (The Times)

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina wants to quit Anfield for Spanish side Atletico Madrid for whom his father Miguel played in the '70s. (Sun)

[/b]

I dont think hel_l leave for a few years yet, hes said he wants to stay here and Atletico is a team that hed love to play for in the future. Maybe that will be the time to replace him with Carson. Although I havent seen enough of Carson to know if hes progressing well over the last few years.

Anyone know if they gonna show any of LFC tv on UBC, Ive noticed they show man u and chelsea tv every now and then. ON my local cable they also show Real Madrid Tv 24hrs a day. Would be nice if they replaced it with LFCtv.

A bit of gossip :D :

Sami Hyypia could be offered a new Liverpool contract if he continues to impress Rafael Benitez while deputising for Daniel Agger. (Daily Star) Liverpool are waiting for international clearance to complete the signing of Canadian midfielder Michael D'Agostino, 25. (Sun).

:o

[/b]

Anyone know if they gonna show any of LFC tv on UBC, Ive noticed they show man u and chelsea tv every now and then. ON my local cable they also show Real Madrid Tv 24hrs a day. Would be nice if they replaced it with LFCtv.

i do hope so mate. its boss apparently. scouse jan on there all the time. maybe in a few months? fingers crossed

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina wants to quit Anfield for Spanish side Atletico Madrid for whom his father Miguel played in the '70s.

[/b]

i do hope so mate. its boss apparently. scouse jan on there all the time. maybe in a few months? fingers crossed

LFCtv is shown on truesports 1 but only show one a week ( no were near enough :D ) and the show consists of showing our last 2 games and alll the post match interviews , hosted by Rob McCaffery with a couple of ex players usually scouse Jan , super sub Fairclough , Alan Kennedy and a few more.

I've just checked the ubc mag and LFCtv is on this tuesday on truesports 1 at 3:00 - 6:00 p.m

I would hazard a guess and say they will show the Portsmouth game first followed by the Porto game :D .

Fortunately I'm working late on tuesday :D .

A bit of gossip :D :

:o

A total accident quoting that &lt;deleted&gt; :D Kopite mate , will never happen again.

It looks like Birmingham are our new Wimbledon :o :

Liverpool 0-0 Birmingham

PA

The voices of Birmingham's delighted fans boomed around Anfield at the end of this bitterly frustrating goalless draw for Liverpool.

kuyt-275.jpg

GettyImagesJohan Djourou holds off Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt.

They may be still unbeaten and boss Rafael Benitez was able to utilise £40million plus of striking talent, but nobody had the ability to prise open the massed blue ranks.

Birmingham unashamedly strung 10 men across their own penalty area at times and fought like lions for a point.

Benitez frustrated, Bruce delighted

The Midlanders were clearly not going to be letting themselves suffer a six-goal thrashing like Derby did recently, and set out to suffocate the life from Liverpool's game. Steve Bruce's side more than achieved their aim - and fully deserved the point.

Liam Ridgewell and Johan Djourou were outstanding at the back and Benitez has still to register a league win over Bruce's men after five attempts.

Benitez restricted himself to just two changes - he has been averaging five a match so far this term - from the team which drew their Champions League game in Porto in midweek.

Fit-again John Arne Riise returned in defence with Andriy Voronin coming in up front as Liverpool attempted to maintain their unbeaten record this term.

Birmingham arrived with a suffocating gameplan, and set about frustrating Liverpool from the start.

Liverpool might have put six goals past Derby last time out in the league at Anfield, but Birmingham looked a totally different proposition. They strung five across a deep midfield and worked to deny Liverpool space to run into.

Ryan Babel combined to play Riise in on the left, and his fierce low cross was too far ahead of Voronin.

Babel then cut in from the left and found Dirk Kuyt - but the striker was forced into a hurried shot wide.

Birmingham's system, though, was disrupted on 16 minutes by what looked a bad injury to Borja Oubina on his full debut for the Midlanders - the loanee from Celta Vigo was carried off and replaced by Gary McSheffrey.

Mehdi Nafti moved into the midfield holding role and immediately there was space for Riise to fire a dipping 20-yard effort just over.

Birmingham were regimented and organised, and were forcing Liverpool to make all the decisions.

Chances were rare, with Kuyt heading wide from a Steven Gerrard cross in the 26th minute.

Jermaine Pennant, against his old club, was switched from right to left wing - and Babel moved in the opposite direction, but openings, space and time on the ball remained at a premium.

Birmingham at times had 10 players in their final third - with Cameron Jerome the exception - but Bruce's men were sticking to their plan diligently.

Pennant produced a 25-yard effort which was turned over the bar by Maik Taylor, before Jose Reina made his only contribution to the first half when Wilson Palacios shot from 25 yards.

Liverpool continued to toil after the break and Jamie Carragher saw an 18-yard effort deflected just over.

From Pennant's corner, Gerrard stabbed in a near-post effort which Nafti cleared off the line.

Voronin was next to go close, stumbling as he picked up a through ball, but he was still able to fire in a low shot that Taylor saved well to his left.

Liverpool sent on Fernando Torres for Babel on the hour, before Olivier Kapo forced Reina into a save with a shot from 30 yards.

Liam Ridgewell was then booked in the 62nd minute for obstructing Reina as he tried to kick clear.

Birmingham increasingly fancied their chances and five minutes later they sent on an extra striker in Garry O'Connor for Palacios.

Peter Crouch finally got on after 74 minutes to add some aerial threat, replacing Voronin - and two minutes later Torres produced an overhead kick which flashed inches over from Pennant's corner.

Birmingham were looking now to punish Liverpool on the break and McSheffrey almost achieved that with an 18-yard effort which went just over.

Rafael Schmitz replaced Jerome in the 79th minute, as Liverpool's players began to getting in the way of each other in their desperation for a goal.

Torres' backheel was meant for Gerrard's run - but Crouch collided with his more-than-annoyed captain six yards out.

Steve Finnan replaced the injured Pennant with three minutes left, the winger looking to have picked up a hamstring problem.

Gerrard's corner soon after found Crouch rising unchallenged, but he could only bounce his header into the Kop, summing up Liverpool's day.

<LI id=quotes>Benitez frustrated, Bruce delighted

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said: 'The game was very frustrating, we tried to play wide, we tried to get the ball into the box and we did everything we could to break them down.

'In the end we ran out of ideas. The game was too narrow, it was too congested in the box and there was no space.

'Credit to Birmingham, they were very well organised and worked very hard. They made it very difficult.'

Benitez caused a surprise beforehand by leaving £20m striker Fernando Torres on the bench for an hour.

He defended the decision, saying: 'I have four strikers, I played them all in the end.

'I felt that Andriy Voronin and Dirk Kuyt were the type of striker I would have needed to work hard against a packed defence.'

Liverpool could also now have Jermaine Pennant out of Tuesday's Carling Cup tie at Reading.

Benitez said: 'I do not think it is too serious, but we will have to see about him for the midweek cup tie.'

And the Spaniard accepted that Birmingham's deep defensive system is something that many teams will try to imitate at Anfield.

He said: 'Yes, I suppose we must expect that style of play.

'But it is up to us to break it down, to find the spaces.

'It would have been a different game if we had scored from one of our early chances, but as each minute went by the situation became more difficult for us.'

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce was delighted with his side's application.

He said: 'We only had about three lads out there who had even been to Anfield before.

'As a club we have to love occasions like this, playing at venues like this, and we want to be back here next season.

'We know we are going to be one of the clubs loitering around the bottom of the table, and it is absolutely vital that we stay in the division.

'If we come to places like Liverpool, play 4-4-2 and an open game, the chances are we will lose against teams with the quality Liverpool have.

'They gave us the hiding of our lives a couple of seasons ago in a cup tie, but Liverpool have never beaten us in the league since Rafa took over.

'We are their bogey side in league games and we aimed to continue that.'

Archived