Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Since when is the playing field supposed to be relatively level in sport? Who says so? When has that ever been the case? <deleted> are you talking about?

etc.

Since weight divisions were made in boxing

Since handicaps were given to golfers

Since belts given in Martial arts 

Since age divisions in any form of sport

Since leagues and divisions in football were introduced

Since salary caps were introduced in certain sports

Since drafting of players was introduced in certain sports

Since F1 are looking at cost capping and sharing the commercial agreement wealth from 2021 onwards to create greater competition.

etc etc

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Since F1 are looking at cost capping and sharing the commercial agreement wealth from 2021 onwards to create greater competition.

etc etc

Handicapping in the Sport of Kings.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

etc etc

Hey Mr Sensitive, I thought you weren't going to 'engage' with me any more? Your post is almost poetic, well done.

Unfortunately I could easily bring up FA Cup 3rd round, amateur players being admitted into the Open Championship, etc etc 

One of the reasons we like sport is the uneven playing field, and the chance of an upset.

Anyway, I hope this post hasn't offended you. Just let me know if there's any more periods of history which you'd like to black out.  

Great game to watch as a neutral. 2 good sides going for it hammer and tongs. 

PSG were well worth their lead at half time and should of been more. Second half Liverpool showed what they are about but lacked that cutting edge up front and created very little clear cut chances. 

PSG are an embarrassment with the histrionics and the ref was totally out of his depth. He was even giving a corner for the penalty. 

Let’s hope they click against Napoli. 

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

because it's not an industry, it's a sport. the playing field is supposed to be at least relatively level.

Thats some post StevieH 🤣

Professional football is indeed a sport, played by clubs, which are businesses (or any industry), whose aim is to maximise profit and try to win trophies. If you can't handle the reality of that then it's best you stop watching liverpool and take up watching amateur football on Liverpool's equivalent of hough end pitches...think those pitches are relatively level.

Some facking post that!

I'm still trying to fathom why officials are not yet wise to Neymar's antics, especially after they were so well publicized during the world cup.

PSG really are quite appalling and i find them an embarrassment to the game.  Even Leonardo Di Caprio, who was in attendance admitted he wasn't the best actor at the game!

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It appears some would be quite happy with decade long streaks of title wins across Europe so long as its their team winning 5-0 every week.

How utterly tedious that would be.

Just 2 seasons of it in France and it is already as dull as dishwater. Ironically, it is the reason PSG will never win the Champs League. They are not battle hardened enough. There may be one weak team in a Champs League group, not 3 for sure.

Liverpool came close to turning England's top league into a procession in the 80s but things never stand still in England. Who knows what lies ahead?

47 minutes ago, champers said:

Just 2 seasons of it in France and it is already as dull as dishwater. Ironically, it is the reason PSG will never win the Champs League. They are not battle hardened enough. There may be one weak team in a Champs League group, not 3 for sure.

Liverpool came close to turning England's top league into a procession in the 80s but things never stand still in England. Who knows what lies ahead?

Think they have a chance this year if they keep getting refs who let Neymar get away with his acting! Hopefully, at least one will have he cojones to ignore the histrionics or even take action against him.

Tuchel has strengthened them defensively and Alves will be back shortly. Verratti can run midfields ragged if he stays on the pitch. Their front three are probably the most dangerous in Europe. I certainly wouldn't write them off especially as Barca/Real/Bayern do not appear as strong this year.

10 minutes ago, wilai said:

Think they have a chance this year if they keep getting refs who let Neymar get away with his acting! Hopefully, at least one will have he cojones to ignore the histrionics or even take action against him.

Tuchel has strengthened them defensively and Alves will be back shortly. Verratti can run midfields ragged if he stays on the pitch. Their front three are probably the most dangerous in Europe. I certainly wouldn't write them off especially as Barca/Real/Bayern do not appear as strong this year.

Could be a great chance for an English team, City particularly. City could get sidetracked by the Champs League and Liverpool win the EPL? Mind you, if Arsenal keep on improving don't write off their EPL hopes.

24 minutes ago, champers said:

Could be a great chance for an English team, City particularly. City could get sidetracked by the Champs League and Liverpool win the EPL? Mind you, if Arsenal keep on improving don't write off their EPL hopes.

Are you talking about them winning the League or getting top 4 ? 

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Are you talking about them winning the League or getting top 4 ? 

Arsenal could maybe win it. They haven't lost since August. Let's see how they fare against Spurs. Most of their first XI have had the week off.

Archived