BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scousemouse

Liverpool F.c.

And boss Benitez declared his summer spending hasn't stopped there.

"I am looking for wingers now and though we have to sell I hope that doesn't have to happen first," he said.

"We are getting close with some of the players we are looking at and I believe we can bring a winger in straight away, regardless of outgoing deals."

Porto winger Quaresma will not be that winger, despite reports this morning suggesting a £13.5 bid by the Reds had been rejected.

"Nonsense," said chief executive Rick Parry.

Benitez has also cooled on Roma's extravagantly gifted Brazilian-born winger, Alessandro Mancini.

We were linked with Quaresma and and Parry rubbished it all in one night. And now we're not going after Mancini either?

I would jump for joy if we got Quaresma!

"I am looking for wingers now and though we have to sell I hope that doesn't have to happen first," he said.

"We are getting close with some of the players we are looking at and I believe we can bring a winger in straight away, regardless of outgoing deals."

Porto winger Quaresma will not be that winger, despite reports this morning suggesting a £13.5 bid by the Reds had been rejected.

Benitez has also cooled on Roma's extravagantly gifted Brazilian-born winger, Alessandro Mancini.

We were linked with Quaresma and and Parry rubbished it all in one night. And now we're not going after Mancini either?

I agree with you...it would be great to get Quaresma, however I have a feeling it will be Simoa and Malouda. Just need Alves now and I would be happy. Get rid of some dead wood too.

West Ham will make a £16m double swoop for Liverpool strike pair Djibril Cisse and Craig Bellamy. (Daily Mail)

I would be well happy if we got rid of the both of those for that kind of money :o .

I agree with you...it would be great to get Quaresma, however I have a feeling it will be Simoa and Malouda. Just need Alves now and I would be happy. Get rid of some dead wood too.

sawadee cap AceFace , what dead wood do you reckon Liverpool should get rid off ?? :o:D , here are my picks :

Arbeloa ( not good enough )

Hyppia ( thanx for the memories )

Kewell ( too many chances sicknote )

Gonzalez ( not ready for the premiership )

Aurelio ( same as above )

Pennant ( not good enough )

Bellamy ( thanx but no thanx )

Hopefully getting rid of that lot would give us a nice extra bit of spending money in the transfer market.

I've heard the likes of Quaresma , Simao , Malouda and Alves" names being bounded about in relation to joining the reds and though it would be nice to get one if not all of those names I do hoope that Rafa will look at some estabilshed premiership talent that is on offer before spending millions on overseas talent.

One name that springs to mind is Morten Gamst Pedersen of Blackburn.

Zenden poised to join Marseille _41105502_zenden203x152.jpg Zenden is undergoing a medical at MarseilleMarseille have announced they are set to sign former Liverpool midfield man Boudewijn Zenden on a free transfer.

Zenden, 30, was released by Liverpool after playing in the Champions League final defeat against AC Milan in May.

He will sign a two-year deal with Marseille once he has successfully completed a medical.

Zenden has played for PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Chelsea, Middlesbrough and Liverpool, but was troubled by injuries at Anfield. He has played 54 times for Holland but not since September 2004. Marseille qualified for this season's Champions League after finishing second in Ligue 1 last term.

sawadee cap AceFace , what dead wood do you reckon Liverpool should get rid off ?? :o:D , here are my picks :

Arbeloa ( not good enough )

Kewell ( too many chances sicknote )

Hopefully getting rid of that lot would give us a nice extra bit of spending money in the transfer market.

I've heard the likes of Quaresma , Simao , Malouda and Alves" names being bounded about in relation to joining the reds and though it would be nice to get one if not all of those names I do hoope that Rafa will look at some estabilshed premiership talent that is on offer before spending millions on overseas talent.

One name that springs to mind is Morten Gamst Pedersen of Blackburn.

Hi Mister Mouse

Pretty much agree with you:

Arbeloa ( would give him another season )

Kewell ( I reckon he will surpise a few pundits this season if he stays fit)

I would also add:

Momo ( could get a few quid for him, we have leveina now)

Carson ( he will not be happy playing second fiddle....would bring a nice fee too )

Crouch ( sorry I am not a fan of his.......can never feel right when he's in an LFC shirt )

MGP would be a good buy, who knows we may bid? :D

I would defo like to see Alves and Quaresma

Roll on the reds.

Ace

West Ham will make a £16m double swoop for Liverpool strike pair Djibril Cisse and Craig Bellamy. (Daily Mail)

I would be well happy if we got rid of the both of those for that kind of money :o .

Now, I'm not one who even slightly takes any notice of what's written that blue-rinse and vindictive rag.

But there does seem to be a lot of mileage in this one.

I have my doubts about both players, for differing reasons. But Cisse has done well on his loan period and Bellamy could turn out to be a good signing. Both have the pace to to take on defences and linking up with the likes of Ashton could be a good attacking force.

Although neither are what I'd really want if the glass were more than only half full at the moment.

I expect that Yossi will be part of the deal ?

I would be well happy if we got rid of the both of those for that kind of money :D .

Now, I'm not one who even slightly takes any notice of what's written that blue-rinse and vindictive rag.

I have my doubts about both players, for differing reasons. But Cisse has done well on his loan period and Bellamy could turn out to be a good signing. Both have the pace to to take on defences and linking up with the likes of Ashton could be a good attacking force.

Although neither are what I'd really want if the glass were more than only half full at the moment.

Hi HH

I rate Cisse, he just wasn't in Rafa's plans, would be a good signing for anyone in the prem. Bellamy he is a different story, I think his off-field antics are still getting in his way.

Don't think we need Yossi, we have way too many in the middle as it is, I for one would be dissapointed if he came. We NEED speedy wingers Rafa!!! :o

I would be well happy if we got rid of the both of those for that kind of money :D .

Hi HH

I rate Cisse, he just wasn't in Rafa's plans, would be a good signing for anyone in the prem. Bellamy he is a different story, I think his off-field antics are still getting in his way.

Don't think we need Yossi, we have way too many in the middle as it is, I for one would be dissapointed if he came. We NEED speedy wingers Rafa!!! :o

Quaresma is linking with us again. Rumor has it that we'd be upping our bid for him, and Athletico fans are cursing at Rafa again. He'd reportedly choose us due to Champions League football.

Hi HH

Quaresma is linking with us again. Rumor has it that we'd be upping our bid for him, and Athletico fans are cursing at Rafa again. He'd reportedly choose us due to Champions League football.

Do you have the Quaresma link Trov?

It's roughly(very) translated into English.

QUARESMA

ATHLETICAL MADRID AND LIVERPOOL IN THE RACE

The Athletical one of Madrid confirmed yesterday, through its president, to have presented to the FC Port a proposal in the value of 22 million euros for Ricardo Quaresma. In declaration to the RTP, the controller guaranteed that the importance will not go up proposal for the acquisition of the pass of the Portuguese International, this although the transference of Fernando Torres Liverpool to allow to the Spanish club some edge it of maneuver. The Liverpool is another one of the interested parties in Quaresma and, according to a daily English, already it presented a proposal of 20 million euros.

However, the entrepreneur of the Norwegian International John Carew contradicted, to the microphones of the Antenna 1, that the “dragons” have presented to the Aston Villa a proposal for the possante one tip-of-launch of 27 years, that already also passed for the Lyon, Besiktas and Valência. “We do not have any proposal. Carew goes to remain in England”, guaranteed Per Arne Flod, opposing the advanced notice for the “Daily Mirror”.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sour...27f0dc57c5c8ddc

I got that from www.sixcrazyminutes.com (Istanbul Reference) from a member who it it from Athletico forum. Usually the boys from there have the most up to date news/gossip. Not to advertise, but I think they're one of the best Liverpool forums out there. Ok, so I'm advertising, but hey.

Anyway, I'd be over the moon if we sign him.

Torres, Leiva, Quaresma...not bad. Especially when Tevez looks very close to signing for Utd.

Another snippet I got from SCM. Someone mentioned, citing Marca, that Barca has signed Milito for 18 million Euros.

Another shocking announcement I yoinked from there is this.

West Ham tell Liverpool: Pay £8m for Yossi Benayoun

Jul 6 2007

by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

WEST HAM have slapped a staggering £8m valuation on Yossi Benayoun’s head, in a bid to snatch Craig Bellamy from Anfield on the cheap.

Liverpool gave permission for the Welsh international striker to speak to The Hammers last night and he quickly agreed a remarkable £70,000 a week contract.

But after the Reds rejected an initial cash bid of £7m, the Hammers tried to offer a straight swap deal for their Israeli international skipper.

With Liverpool holding out for £8m for Bellamy, the cheeky Hammers instantly valued Benayoun at that figure and suggested an exchange.

But Liverpool only value Benayoun at around half that price.

Further talks will take place today – and Djibril Cisse’s name may now come into the equation as well.

The Hammers want to add the Frenchman to their squad with Bellamy.

Liverpool want a fee in the region of £9m for a player who cost an Anfield club record of £14m when he arrived from Auxerre three years ago.

Marseille are also bidding to make Cisse’s loan spell in France permanent, while Portsmouth have also made an enquiry.

Bellamy did not report back to Melwood yesterday with the rest of Liverpool’s international contingent.

But unless West Ham can reach agreement quickly he may have to return to training with a squad he is clearly surplus to.

The Reds kick off their pre-season schedule at Wrexham tomorrow (kick-off 3pm), and while players like Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher are unlikely to figure, Rafa Benitez will take a mix of senior stars and youngsters to the Racecourse.

The only players not now back in training at Melwood are Harry Kewell, Mark Gonzalez, Javier Mascherano and Emiliano Insua, who remain on international duty for their respective countries, while Fernando Torres will not report for training until July 11.

Benitez said yesterday: “All of the internationals will start training today. We will see how they are, but normally you could expect them to play next week against Crewe.

“We only had five senior players back last week. We’ve had the young players, and you can see the commitment in them.

“Sometimes you have to tell them to calm down because they tackle hard and fight for each ball.”

8 million pounds for Benayoun in order to get Bellamy on the cheap. Surely you must be joking.

L'OM claim Cisse agreement

By Peter ORourke - Created on 6 Jul 2007

TRANSFER SPECIAL

Marseille have claimed they have "agreed in principle" a deal to sign Liverpool's Djibril Cisse.

The French club's move for Cisse was put in doubt earlier on Friday after Liverpool confirmed West Ham had made an approach for the striker.

However, Marseille insist they are on the brink of clinching a deal for long-term target Cisse.

A statement on the club's official website read: "OM also found an agreement in principle with Liverpool for the transfer of Djibril Cisse."

Marseille have been chasing a deal for Cisse all summer after he spent last season on loan at Stade Velodrome and they are confident of finally landing the French international despite West Ham's interest.

Oh bless the silly season.

8 million pounds for Benayoun in order to get Bellamy on the cheap. Surely you must be joking.

I'd pay that to keep Bellamy away :o

Despite nothing being clear on this one. I'd be suprised if some deal wasn't already made regarding Benayoun and Bellamy after all the rumours about Yossi not signing the new contract, etc.