BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scousemouse

Liverpool F.c.

Leaving all "tribalries" aside, can anyone else see anything other than Manu, while not exactly romping away with the EPL title, but will take some catching, with the squad they have built, leaving the other "big three" and A N Other (possibly Spurs) to fight over the lesser spoils, down to 5th place?

This is probably Fergies "swansong" squad, and could even have been built with a view to a last serious assault on the Champions League.

One thing's for sure, if i were a Utd fan, i would be looking foreward to the start of the season this year, next year and for a few years to come. Chomping at the bit, in fact

Penkoprod

Actually Pen (man I can't make your name out at all, and I'm Thai!), I think that last year Utd had everything going for them. Not to take anything from their wins no matter how much I want to but all the elements fit perfectly. They won games they should have won, and they even won games they should have lost or drew. The difference between Liverpool and Utd was that statistically and their forwards score more than ours.

However, another big difference between us and them is that their midfield gave them goals...A LOT OF GOALS. And this is not counting the contribution from the backline. And it was a fine season for Gerrard to struggle. Hopefully he'd bounce back this season.

I think you're giving in too early. The other clubs have improved and will keep on improving until the start of the season so I don't know if you can write them off yet. I think it'd be a lot closer than last season to be honest. They bought Anderson and Nani, and there's no way for us to know if they'd be any good in the PL yet. We've had our fair shares of duds in transfer, and I reckon it's their turn.

8 million pounds for Benayoun in order to get Bellamy on the cheap. Surely you must be joking.

I'd pay that to keep Bellamy away :o

Despite nothing being clear on this one. I'd be suprised if some deal wasn't already made regarding Benayoun and Bellamy after all the rumours about Yossi not signing the new contract, etc.

Haha, come now you know you're vying for strikers.

For the record though, I think Benayoun is a nice tidy player that would be a good squaddie for us, but I'm just imagining him costing 8 million pounds, and that he'd be a backup to the mighty Jermain Pennant actually does my head in.

Haha, come now you know you're vying for strikers.

Not us guv, 'onest :o

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/pr...icle2742792.ece

Benayoun wrangle slows up Bellamy's move

By Jason Burt

Published: 07 July 2007

West Ham United were last night hoping to complete the £8m signing of Craig Bellamy from Liverpool. The Welsh international had a medical and agreed personal terms with the east London club on a £70,000-a-week contract.

The final details of the agreement were still being thrashed out by the two clubs, although negotiations were complicated by the fact that Yossi Benayoun is bound for Anfield; for some reason West Ham are reluctant to include the Israeli midfielder in the package.

They would prefer to have swapped Benayoun, who they rate at £6m, with Djibril Cissé, although Marseilles last night announced they had agreed a deal "in principle" to sign the French international permanently after his season-long loan.

Liverpool have offered £4m for Benayoun, who has infuriated officials at West Ham with his behaviour once he was made aware of Rafael Benitez's interest. Benayoun shook hands on a new five-year contract to stay at Upton Park - doubling his wages to £50,000 a week - but then stalled on signing the deal, saying he needed a holiday and wanted to wait until his wife had given birth.

He then returned and insisted he wanted a clause inserted in his new contract that he could leave if Liverpool bid £5m for him. West Ham reacted by withdrawing the contract offer, while Benayoun has apparently now responded by saying he will never play for the club again.

The solution would appear to be his sale to Liverpool but West Ham would prefer to complete a straight cash deal for Bellamy first. He emerged as their number one target following the collapse of the £17m transfer of Darren Bent, who has since joined Tottenham Hotspur.

Liverpool had initially hoped to receive £12m for Bellamy even though they only acquired him last summer for £6m after exploiting a buy-out clause in his contract at Blackburn Rovers. At first West Ham offered Benayoun and cash, then a straight £7m and as negotiations have progressed Liverpool have lowered their demands. They were still hoping to hold out for £9m for the 27-year-old, who has been told he has no future at Liverpool, but appear set to compromise on £8m which will, nevertheless, be a West Ham club record.

Losing out on Cissé will come as a blow to West Ham especially as they were confident that their offer far out-weighed the £2.5m initially proposed by Marseilles, who have also signed former Liverpool midfielder Bolo Zenden. However Cissé, who cost Liverpool £14m, insisted that he wanted to return to France despite also attracting interest from Portsmouth.

Really Really do not need Yossi.....can anybody see the sense in this move, he will ne a squad player at that?

All talk about competing the top 2 and he's still after mediocor sh!te, get your hands in your pockets and get some decent wingers.

Rafa are you reading :o

Really Really do not need Yossi.....can anybody see the sense in this move, he will ne a squad player at that?

All talk about competing the top 2 and he's still after mediocor sh!te, get your hands in your pockets and get some decent wingers.

Benayoun being mediocre is not the first word that comes to mind for anyone whose seen much of him play. And I assume that you cannot have. He's a very creative mid-fielder. And certainly worth more than the peanuts West Ham seem prepared to accept for him. HTH :D

Benayoun being mediocre is not the first word that comes to mind for anyone whose seen much of him play. And I assume that you cannot have. He's a very creative mid-fielder. And certainly worth more than the peanuts West Ham seem prepared to accept for him. HTH :D

I have only seen him a few times...granted, as you can guess I do not follow West Ham :bah: What I have seen of him tells me enough that we do not need him, there is no way I can see him breaking into our midfield, and with the "reported" financies we are supposed to have I am surprised Rafa is thinking of him.

If he was as good as you are saying I am so surprised that you struggled so much last term :D

Anyway, if we do get him, I may eat my own words this coming season :D

Has Bellendamy gone yet :D

Yes Ace, Bellers has moved on.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has revealed Craig Bellamy has left to join West Ham.

The Reds have decided to let Bellamy move on after just one season at Anfield.

The record signing of Fernando Torres pushed Bellamy further down the pecking order at Liverpool and West Ham have moved quickly to offer him a way out of Anfield.

West Ham have been keen to bolster their attack and they have been frustrated in their attempts to sign Darren Bent, Mark Viduka and Djibril Cisse already this summer.

Alan Curbishley is actively scouring the market for reinforcements and Bellamy's move could help pave the way for Carlos Tevez to join Manchester United.

Benitez speaking after Liverpool's 3-2 friendly win over Wrexham, confirmed Bellamy had agreed to move to Upton Park.

"He's signed for West Ham, it's done," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

"He knew what I thought and I think it's a good move for him."

When asked if Djibril Cisse had sealed his expected move to Marseille, Benitez said: "Yep, it's done also."

Liverpool have been linked with a move for West Ham's Yossi Benayoun and Benitez confirmed talks are ongoing regarding a deal for the Israeli international.

"I don't know. (If he's coming) It's clear he'd like to come," continued Benitez

"We've made an offer and now we need to wait.

"He's a player I like. We've made an offer, now they said no.

"Now we need to wait because he's a good player for me. "

YNWA you golf club swinging maniac.

Good ridance :D:D , no wooly back can slap Riise and get away with it :o:D .

And a nice bit of profit on the sale made by Liverpool for a change !!.

Bellamy completes West Ham move _42471410_benitezbellamy203.jpg Benitez was keen to offload BellamyLiverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed that Craig Bellamy has completed a move to West Ham.

The Hammers are reported to have paid £8m for the Wales international on a four-year deal on £75,000 a week.

Benitez also confirmed that they have made an offer to sign West Ham's Yossi Benayoun which has been turned down.

"And any move for Benayoun to join us from West Ham will not be linked with the Bellamy sale. We have made an offer which has been rejected," Benitez said.

The Spaniard is however confident of landing the Israel midfielder next week.

He added: "He is a player I like and would want to sign, and I believe he wants to join us, but that deal will be separate now. We will have to wait and see what happens now next week."

West Ham had attempted to use Benayoun as a straight swap for Bellamy, but Liverpool consider him to be worth around £3.5m, and that offer has been rejected by the Hammers.

Bellamy has fallen down the pecking order at Anfield following boss Rafael Benitez's summer signings of Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin.

The Wales captain joined Liverpool from Blackburn for £6m in June 2006.

After starting his career with Norwich City, he has also had stints with Coventry City, Newcastle United, plus a loan spell at Celtic.

Bellamy scored nine goals in 42 appearances for the Reds. But the addition of £20m signing Torres this week means Liverpool have five senior strikers on their books - with Bellamy, Peter Crouch, Dirk Kuyt and fellow new-boy Voronin making up the total

And good riddance again !!!!!.

Cisse completes Marseille switch _42417892_cisse203.jpg Cisse has broken his leg twice in the last three yearsLiverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed French striker Djibril Cisse has joined Marseille on a permanent basis for a fee of around £6m.

The 25-year-old spent last season on loan at the Stade Velodrome.

West Ham, Bolton and Portsmouth had also been chasing Cisse, who cost Liverpool £14m in July 2004. Cisse will link up with former team-mate Boudewijn Zenden in the south of France after the Dutchman moved there on a two-year deal last week.

So now that Rafa has gotten rid of some dead wood ( bellamy and cisse ) he should have a lot more money to play with in the transfer market.

IMO , he needs a right back and cover for centre defence. In midfield we are set to go , no new faces needed there.

The strikers do concern me a bit though. We've just signed Torres , we'll have to wait to see how he does but we already know he is not a prolific scorer as he's shown at Athletico , Dirk Kuyt is a work horse and always gives 100 % but is not a lead striker , Peter Crouch we all know about and then there is the new boy Voronin who is unproven.

I'm hoping that maybe Rafa will buy another striker but if he does then he will probably have to sell Crouch which might not be a bad thing but because he is a Rafa signing I reckon he'll stay .

We'll fid out soon enough :o:D:D:D .

I'm finding it hard keeping up with all this :o

On a busy Saturday, Rafael Benitez confirmed to Sky Sports news after Liverpool’s 3-2 win at Wrexham that Craig Bellamy had completed his move from Liverpool to West Ham.

He also confirmed that Liverpool latest bid to prise Yossi Benayoun away from Upton Park had been rejected by West Ham.

Controversial striker Bellamy has had his fair share of scrapes with his past managers, players and the Police and has turned into somewhat of a nomadic striker in the past few seasons.

The Norwich City trainee earned his first big money move back in 2000 when Coventry paid £6.5m to take him to the midlands. He scored just 8 goals that season but it was enough for Newcastle to pay £6m to take him to Tyneside the following summer.

It’s fair to say that his time at St James Park with mixed and a fall out with manager Souness and a high profile bust up with Alan Shearer saw the Toon fans turn against him and on the eve of the January transfer window escaped on loan for Celtic where he had a successful spell in Scotland scoring 9 goals in just 15 games.

Ex Wales manager Mark Hughes then paid £5m in the summer of 2005 for the Welsh International striker and he enjoyed his most successful spell of his career scoring 17 times and that was enough to see Benitez take the risk in signing him from Ewood Park last summer.

His spell at Liverpool wasn’t a disaster but Bentitz rotation policy, the falling out with team mates and the arrival of Torres had seen him become surplus to requirements at Anfield.

The winner of the PFA young player of the year award in 2002 has recently been made the Welsh captain and it’s hoped that that honour and the influence of team-mates Danny Gabbidon and James Collins will keep the firery Welsh Man in check.

I'm finding it hard keeping up with all this :o

On a busy Saturday, Rafael Benitez confirmed to Sky Sports news after Liverpool's 3-2 win at Wrexham that Craig Bellamy had completed his move from Liverpool to West Ham.

He also confirmed that Liverpool latest bid to prise Yossi Benayoun away from Upton Park had been rejected by West Ham.

Controversial striker Bellamy has had his fair share of scrapes with his past managers, players and the Police and has turned into somewhat of a nomadic striker in the past few seasons.

The Norwich City trainee earned his first big money move back in 2000 when Coventry paid £6.5m to take him to the midlands. He scored just 8 goals that season but it was enough for Newcastle to pay £6m to take him to Tyneside the following summer.

It's fair to say that his time at St James Park with mixed and a fall out with manager Souness and a high profile bust up with Alan Shearer saw the Toon fans turn against him and on the eve of the January transfer window escaped on loan for Celtic where he had a successful spell in Scotland scoring 9 goals in just 15 games.

Ex Wales manager Mark Hughes then paid £5m in the summer of 2005 for the Welsh International striker and he enjoyed his most successful spell of his career scoring 17 times and that was enough to see Benitez take the risk in signing him from Ewood Park last summer.

His spell at Liverpool wasn't a disaster but Bentitz rotation policy, the falling out with team mates and the arrival of Torres had seen him become surplus to requirements at Anfield.

The winner of the PFA young player of the year award in 2002 has recently been made the Welsh captain and it's hoped that that honour and the influence of team-mates Danny Gabbidon and James Collins will keep the firery Welsh Man in check.

There's new information regarding his personal fees with Liverpool not having been resolved yet. He'd clear it up this coming Monday and the transfer will ensue soon after.

He's not that bad. He'd score a nice 10 goals for you and chase after his teammate with a golf club. :D

So now that Rafa has gotten rid of some dead wood ( bellamy and cisse ) he should have a lot more money to play with in the transfer market.

IMO , he needs a right back and cover for centre defence. In midfield we are set to go , no new faces needed there.

The strikers do concern me a bit though. We've just signed Torres , we'll have to wait to see how he does but we already know he is not a prolific scorer as he's shown at Athletico , Dirk Kuyt is a work horse and always gives 100 % but is not a lead striker , Peter Crouch we all know about and then there is the new boy Voronin who is unproven.

I'm hoping that maybe Rafa will buy another striker but if he does then he will probably have to sell Crouch which might not be a bad thing but because he is a Rafa signing I reckon he'll stay .

We'll fid out soon enough :D:D:D:D .

I think our priority should be a winger. I'm not sure why we need a new RB though, since Finnan is doing well there. If anything, I'd think it'd be an LB that needs looking into, and it's still early for that I reckon.

Anoter news is that we're looking into signing Ryan Babel, a player that Arsenal seems set to sign.

If we sold Crouch, where'd we get headeds goal from....oh... :o

------------------ www.myliverpool.tk ------------------

JOIN us at MyLiverpool, a Liverpool FC Fans Forum!

GREAT Discussions, GREAT People, GREAT Staff!!

LIVE Streams, MATCH Highlights, MATCH Goals!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

You Have Just Found A Complete LFC FANS FORUM

+++++SO DON'T WAIT & JUST JOIN US AT+++++

========== www.myliverpool.tk ==========

REGISTER HERE - DIRECT LINK

http://z6.invisionfree.com/MyLiverpool/ind...act=Reg&CODE=00

youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rqo7_qZZ__s

A liverpool forum for like minded people, who are always up for a good debate on anything at all.

Feel free to join my friends :o