BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scousemouse

Liverpool F.c.

Torres, Babel, and Yossi. I love the first two, and the last may be good. The midfield will be clogged now, though. Everyone will be competing hard for the starting positions.

So that's left with Riise who hasn't had his contract extended?

Heinze then?

I want Quaresma!

For too many years now we've had too many second rate players such as Riise. We've been starved of true class in some positions.

Benitez has shown how good he is, by winning what he has with alot of second rate players, and some players who just turned up for the money - admittedly some bought by him.

Hopefully he's a lot wiser about the English game now.

I do have a good feeling about the buys so far, lets see.

Spot

Huh? Is Riise gone? I saw his picture on the site when they showed Torres training with his new teammates.

Edit: Nevermind. He has two more years on contract, it just hasn't been renegotiated yet.

Babel and Benayoun have both signed.

One more signing I reckon.

I am very happy with the signing of Babel. I watched him in the under 21 euro championship and he ran the show. Dutch coach Marco Van Basten said this boy is going to be the next Thierry Henry and if he gets any where near his standard we will have landed a gem :D .

As for Torres and Benayoun , the jury will still be out until after a few games of the season gets underway.

The pressure that is going to be on Torres' shoulders will be immense and I just hope he scores an early goal because even though the whole of Anfield and all the Liverpool supporters will be behind him 100 % , the british media :D:D will tear him to shreds if he gets of to a bad start .

I think the pressure is off slightly for Benayoun , he either has to be playing superbly to break into our midfield or someone is playing sh*te :o .

Would still like to see one more addition , a world class full back would be nice Rafa :D:bah: .

Liverpool submit new stadium plan _40841669_livstadium_inside203.jpg Liverpool's stadium plans are set to become a realityLiverpool have submitted plans for their new stadium at Stanley Park to the city council and hope to begin work by the end of the year.

The proposal sets out a timetable for construction of the arena, which could cost £280m and has a 60,000 capacity.

A planning application is scheduled for 25 July and the stadium has potential for expansion to accommodate 80,000 fans, reports the Liverpool Echo.

Liverpool hope to receive permission by October and start work before 2008.

New Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks said recently: "The design is now final. It's spectacular and I can't wait for everybody to see it.

"I think our fans will love it. It's very creative architecture, very contemporary but also unique to Liverpool. "It is all centred around the Kop - it will be the symphony stage that plays to the symphony hall."

All the best God :o:D:D .

Fowler ponders switch to Sydney Robbie Fowler wants prospective clubs to promise first-team footballRobbie Fowler will hold talks with his family before deciding whether to accept an offer from Sydney FC.

The 32-year-old is a free agent after be_42477478_robbie_fowler_get203.jpging released by Liverpool, and has been in Sydney for discussions, with Cardiff City also in the hunt.

Fowler said: "I spoke to Sydney's chief executive George Perry, and obviously I'm very interested.

"I've got a young family, so basically I'm over here to see what it's like and see if it's good for them."

He added: "Obviously I'm over here to see how it is, then I'll go and report back and see how they feel."

Cardiff are also waiting to discover if Fowler can be tempted into a move into the Championship.

Bluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale told the Liverpool FC website: "We have offered an attractive package and are hopeful Robbie will decide to come."

Fowler's adviser George Scott said Cardiff could be an option for Fowler.

o.gifWe have got eight offers on the table and Robbie Fowler is considering the lot of them

Robbie Fowler's adviser George Scott

He said: "I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at."

The forward is financially secure, thanks to shrewd property investments, and it is possible he could take a drastic drop in wages from his Anfield salary.

But failing that, Cardiff would either need to shatter their wage structure - which is unlikely given the financial constraints caused by building a new stadium at Leckwith - or put together a huge sponsorship package.

Ridsdale told BBC Sport Wales that he was surprised to hear that comments attributed to him had appeared on Liverpool's website.

"There's been a lot of press speculation, obviously I know Robbie from his days at Leeds and he's an outstanding finisher and outstanding footballer," Ridsdale said.

"Were we ever in a position where we could attract him, I think our supporters would realise our talk of ambition is more than just talk.

"If and when we're in a position to announce the arrival of a player of that stature we will do so, but in the meantime I don't like talking about speculation."

Major League Soccer side New England Revolution are also thought to be courting Fowler, who won 26 caps for England and scored seven goals.

He made his Liverpool debut as an 18-year-old in 1993, scoring 171 goals in 330 games before joining Leeds for £11m in 2001 and then Manchester City for £6m in 2003.

Fowler returned for a second spell at Anfield in January 2006, although his starting appearances were limited.

Come to the U.S. Robbie.

He's not that washed up! :o:D:D He could still do a job for Accrington Stanley or Millwall :D

Hey hey, don't knock our "soccer". The future "Sir David Beckham" is already here playing for LA Galaxy living in LA with Lady Posh. And we all know he's only here to raise the level of his game.

Hey hey, don't knock our "soccer". The future "Sir David Beckham" is already here playing for LA Galaxy living in LA with Lady Posh. And we all know he's only here to raise the level of his game.

He's just there to raise the level of his ego, income and a waning profile. As for her, she's looking to raise the level of her bottom and boobs or am I over looking anything else? :o

Is it christmas ????? :o:D:D:D

Liverpool will not sell Peter Crouch for less than £20m. (News of the World) But that may not put off big-spending Manchester City, whose new manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is keen to land the 6ft 7ins hitman. (Sunday Mirror)

Rafa has put the 20 million :D price tag on Crouch to warn of intrest from Villa , Newcastle and Man City. He claims Crouch is an important part of the way Liverpool play in europe and is an asset to us , but if we could get anywere near that kind of money for him then surely we would have to take it .

If spurs spent 16.5 million on Darren Bent then Crouch has to be in the same price range as that :bah: .

He's just there to raise the level of his ego, income and a waning profile. As for her, she's looking to raise the level of her bottom and boobs or am I over looking anything else? :D

The word 'Beckham " is not allowed on this thread lads :o:D:D:D .

Just when he was starting to look good he had a bad injury , the latest on Fabio - first Brazilian to pull on a Liverpool shirt :

Aurelio will miss start of season _43999687_aurelio203.jpg Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says Brazilian left-back Fabio Aurelio will not be fit for the start of the season.

The 27-year-old ruptured his Achilles tendon during a Champions League tie against Dutch side PSV Eindhoven in April and is still recovering.

Benitez told the club's website: "Fabio isn't fit. It could be another month before he recovers. We knew it would be a long time when he got injured.

"He is improving, but it is not easy when you have this kind of injury." Auerlio made 25 appearances during his first season at Liverpool after joining on a free from Spanish side Valencia last summer.