Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet :D , Liverpool win 2-0.

Nice way to start my prediction week :o .

You're doing pretty good so far.

Away from home with some changes made, I thought we did well. The passing from both teams was pretty poor at times, and it took Liverpool 30 minutes to get a real grip.

Thought Pennant had a great game overall. Babel was quiet, although he was involved in the goal later on. Veronin was all over the place hassling the Sunderland backline, and Torres showed that he has the class. Once Torres gets more in to the Premier league style of play, I'm certain he'll be a great player for Liverpool.

Carragher might have a broken rib, and gave a gobfull to Benitez when he was brought off after waiting ages.

Good to see us getting those tough away games won.

Nice way to start my prediction week :D .

Away from home with some changes made, I thought we did well. The passing from both teams was pretty poor at times, and it took Liverpool 30 minutes to get a real grip.

Thought Pennant had a great game overall. Babel was quiet, although he was involved in the goal later on. Veronin was all over the place hassling the Sunderland backline, and Torres showed that he has the class. Once Torres gets more in to the Premier league style of play, I'm certain he'll be a great player for Liverpool.

Carragher might have a broken rib, and gave a gobfull to Benitez when he was brought off after waiting ages.

:o I was actually talking about scousemouse predictions this week. Not Liverpool as a whole. :D But they are doing well also.

:o I was actually talking about scousemouse predictions this week. Not Liverpool as a whole. :D But they are doing well also.

Ha ha...sorry jockstar - got a bit carried away there.

I think once Scousemouse gets to grips with the blood and thunder of the prediction league he will be a class player. :D

Villa and now Sunderland , 2 away wins out of 2 compared to only 6 out of 19 last season.

I know it's still early doors buts the signs are looking good for a sustained title challenge :o ..... finally !!!!!! :D .

Ha ha...sorry jockstar - got a bit carried away there.

I think once Scousemouse gets to grips with the blood and thunder of the prediction league he will be a class player. :bah:

Blood and thunder .... ???!!!??? , bring it on :D .

This boy flattered to deceive really .... shame :o

Paletta leaves Liverpool for Boca _44080039_paletta203.jpg Paletta arrived at Liverpool with a big reputationLiverpool have sold young Argentine centre-half Gabriel Paletta to Boca Juniors for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old arrived at Anfield in the summer of 2006 after impressing at the 2005 World Youth Championships, which Argentina went on to win.

He made his debut in a 4-3 League Cup win over Reading at Anfield in 2006, scoring in the second half, and went on to make eight appearances for the club.

However, with opportunities limited, Liverpool have agreed to sell him. o.gif Paletta played in all seven of Argentina's successful campaign in the 2005 World Youth Championships, alongside the likes of Lionel Messi.

Comfortable win last night :D .

Benayoun had a screamer :D , Crouch scored but also missed a couple of sitters , Kuyt scored 2 and we looked good as a whole in our first European match in over 10 years that hasn't figured either Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher.

So far so good :o .

Liverpool 4-0 Toulouse (5-0) By Chris Bevan 999999.gif

_44083980_crouch_getty_203.jpg Liverpool made short work of Toulouse to book their place in the group stage of the Champions League.

Peter Crouch put the Reds ahead when he stretched to meet Dirk Kuyt's cross and Liverpool, who were inspired by Yossi Benayoun, went on to dominate.

Crouch missed with two more headers but Sami Hypia did make it 2-0 when he met Benayoun's corner at the near post.

Kuyt, who also hit the bar, netted with a low shot to make it 3-0 then ran clear to slot home a fourth goal.

It was an emotional night at Anfield, with the Reds paying their own tribute to murdered 11-year-old Everton fan Rhys Jones before kick-off.

The Toffees' theme of Z-Cars was played and the crowd applauded as Rhys's parents stood on the touchline in their Everton shirts.

Given the circumstances it could have been difficult for the Liverpool players to focus on the task in hand but they soon settled once the game began.

Benayoun has had limited first-team chances since joining from West Ham in the summer but he showed Benitez why he feels he deserves more opportunities.

_44083852_rhysjonestribute.jpg Rhys Jones's parents received an emotional reception at Anfield

The Israeli had already set up Kuyt to force a diving save from Toulouse keeper Nicolas Douchez when he won back possession to start the move that led to Crouch opening the scoring.

Kuyt ran on down the left before supplying a peach of a cross which the tall striker turned in at the far post.

The tie should really have been wrapped up by half-time but Crouch somehow headed another Benayoun ball over the bar before wasting an inviting ball from Alvaro Arbeloa.

Toulouse, who had come to Anfield trailing by a single goal, still had hope at this point but in truth they never looked like finding a way back into the tie.

Their only chances came from two sloppy clearances by Jose Reina and their best effort was a scuffed shot by Andre Gignac which summed up their night.

o.gif

Liverpool were home and dry when Hypia rose unmarked at the near post after the break to head home Benayoun's corner and from then on they coasted home.

Substitute Ryan Babel went close before Kuyt, who had already had one shot deflected on to the bar, exchanged passes with his compatriot and drilled his shot past Douchez.

The home side were not finished yet and Benayoun was again the creator, sliding a ball through for Kuyt to slot home a fourth goal. It was the first time since 1997 that neither Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher had featured in a European tie for the Reds but, even without their two talismans, this was a thoroughly convincing display.

Was it just me, or did it seem that it took Liverpool another 30 mins to get it together...?

After that though the score speaks for itself.

Kuyt seems a different player since the new boys arrived. He's still got the energy, but isn't running around chasing hopeless balls as much...he's involved in creating things alot more. Torres was class again-always dangerous. Great goal from Babel.

Derby were poor, and a better attacking team would have caused more problems for Liverpools defence. Will be good to get Carra back.

Overall, great to see 6 goals go in, and great stuff to watch.

Hate to admit this, but I tend to agree with you. I've been impressed with the efficency that Liverpool have shown so far this season.

Liverpool look like they have finally found a couple of strikers who will make all the difference, Okay, Derby are easily the worst side in the Premiership based on that performance last night, and they may even threaten Sunderlands record, but you still need to put the ball in the net. Something that my team need to learn :o

Some words of wisdom from Larry :o

Anfield’s ‘Red Giant’ awakens Sep 3 2007

View From The Stands

by Larry Moran, Liverpool Daily Post

THAT was as easy as expected to be honest.

Maybe not the emphatic scoreline but Derby in their current guise are not Premier League class. They can expect a few more similar drubbings as the season progresses.

Liverpool sat proudly at the top of the table is welcome, and with Villa’s win stayed there.

However, every Liverpool fan is realistic enough to know that a long, hard season has only just begun.

To win the Premier League will be very, very tough. The national media have long since written Liverpool out of their title scenarios. Their darlings at Man United and Chelsea are the favoured ones, with London-based Arsenal maybe thrown in the mix. But Liverpool? Well we are supposed to be “history” these days.

Man United’s fans used to gloat, “You’re not famous any more”. Until Istanbul. Sorry chaps but The Red Giant of Anfield is wide awake now.

We can win the Premier League; in fact we can win the Champions League too. The squad has the depth, experience and skill to do it. The manager has the knowledge and ability.

We, the fans, have the knowledge and the patience to also know it’s being top when the last whistle blows in May that counts, not now.

Can we negotiate a season of early post-European game kick-offs, more dodgy refereeing decisions to come no doubt and some bruising encounters with our rivals along the way? The answer is “Yes”.

One game at a time. A final wish though for Rafa and his Reds. Wouldn’t it be nice to win the Premier League and remain unbeaten and really rub their noses in it?

as usual (rs) going to win everything on one good performance agianst a championship side but then thats kopites for you are divine right to win everything wait till a week sat at goodison a good pointer to were trophy going to end up (ps whos got more players in england team now)

as usual (rs) going to win everything on one good performance agianst a championship side but then thats kopites for you are divine right to win everything wait till a week sat at goodison a good pointer to were trophy going to end up (ps whos got more players in england team now)

I think the Everton match will be a good tester to see where both teams are headed.

We already unofficially beat Chelsea, but then again they got beat at the weekend by a so called developing team.

I really do think that the team we have now is the strongest I've seen for a while. Some players are still getting used to the Premier league style, so can only get better..

Man Utd and Chelsea are dropping points already, so yes, it could be this season for us, but there's a long way to go, and Arsenal are looking strong so far, so who knows..

well done liverpool for winning the league in september,bloody long way to go lads,yes you look good against derby, but they where terrible defending you will not get a easier game than that this year.

well done liverpool for winning the league in september,bloody long way to go lads,yes you look good against derby, but they where terrible defending you will not get a easier game than that this year.

Apart from when we play you!

which seems to be the standard reply on most manc forums. yet we are firing on all cylinders. rafa has gone from being defence minded to attack minded, and we have 5 class strikers in torres, voronin, babel, kuyt and crouch. the most depth in other areas than any one else in the league. and we havent been playing that well to be honest.

no.19's coming sooner than later, once all you mancs realise this you'll save yourself a lot of heartache.

be this year, or next or in 5 years. it will happen, and when it happens, you'll never hear the end of it

18-5 forever in our shadow

Archived