Document Translation Service - Where?how Much?

Dorkers

Soi Post Office, walk down towards the beach from second Road, Law office on your left,near Beach Road, Lawyer's name escapes me, charged 500Bt per page for Passport and birth certificate, English to Thai, suppose Thai to English would be same price. Also Notary Public.

BW.

Edited by bigwilly
  • Like 1

@Dorkers //\\ Sent me a quick PM (or email at: jaapklasema#gmail.com) and I will hook you up with a Certified Translator in Pattaya who does NOT charge the earth. The good thing about this gentleman is that you can send him your docs. by email and he simply does the job and emails the results back to you.

Cheers,

JaapFries

• Like 2

my GF does this work

300 baht per page

Thanks for the reply... my Mrs has managed to get it done for 300baht down from 500baht. Apparently it is certified and done by a person who runs a Visa business. There are 7 documents to translate - sent via email and 1000 baht deposit paid. Due to get them back tomorrow via email. Hopefully they are up to standard.

Any issues and I will PM you, your GF can then have a go!

For other veiwers information too.

I had my marrige certificate translated from Thai to English at one of those places in soi post office (bye the way there are about 7/8 places do it) my mistake was I got all 4 sides translated at 400 baht each.

Went to the consulate in Liverpool and they only needed the first copy (one with nice pattern around the sides) and said that was adequate for a 1 year visa. So save some money and don't get all 4 sides done. intheclub.gif

Just a word of caution... depending on what you need the documents for, some Embassy only accept certified translations from translators they publish on their website... the Swiss Embassy is one of them, thus "cheap" might also mean not accepted.

• 2 months later...

I have to get one page translated for the Amphur so I will try Soi Post Office. I guess there will be a sign saying they are accredited/ certified or not. One thing, how long do you think I would have to wait for one page to be translated?? (I could go early in the morning if it makes any difference).

Thanks for you help

Edited by dsfbrit

I have to get one page translated for the Amphur so I will try Soi Post Office. I guess there will be a sign saying they are accredited/ certified or not. One thing, how long do you think I would have to wait for one page to be translated?? (I could go early in the morning if it makes any difference).

Thanks for you help

K.T. International Law Office is the place on Soi Post Office to get your translation done.

• Like 2

Thanks Seanog. Do you know what time they open and if I get down there early how long I would have to wait, or do I have to come back the next day???

Thanks again

Sure they open about 9.30am and translation of one page should be less that one hour. Go to Royal Garden for a coffee and should be ready on your return, Coming from Beach Road the office is on your right about 100 meters from Beach Road

Seanog

I am not having a go at you at all, I am sure the service you had at KT was good. However, I phoned them up last Friday to check out how long I would have to wait for the translation and the cost. It was 400 baht per page for a 'simple translation' from English to Thai, more for a difficult translation. The wait would depend on how difficult the translation was.

I got down there at 9 am Monday and it was just opening. I showed the girl the document. It was 5 lines of simple English, just under 100 words. She said 500 baht. I am not mean, but I said why 500 baht, you said 400 baht for a simple translation - there cannot be a translation simpler than this.

Anyway, I said OK as long as I can wait for.it.

She said I would have to come back tomorrow at 9 am to pick it up.

I thought that was not the end of the world - so maybe that was OK.

She then made a phone call to the translator who was not coming into the office until midday. She said it would be ready by 2pm tomorrow and would cost 600 baht.

After giving her a wry smile, I said never mind and left.

I went over the road to the Narong Ladadok Language School just opposite.

They are certified and recognized by the local Amphur - which the document is required for.

They charged 400 baht and said I would have to come back at 2pm to collect.

I had already decided to go back tomorrow at 9am anyway - so that was fine.

• 10 months later...

I recommend you to make use of internet for your translation requirement. There are so many sites available which provide affordable translation of documents. Also you can make use of the Microsoft office if you want to translate a small document

Edited by Hank Chang

I recommend you to make use of internet for your translation requirement. There are so many sites available which provide affordable translation of documents. Also you can make use of the Microsoft office if you want to translate a small document

Welcome to your first post on ThaiVisa.

Can I recommend to you that you read the OP´s post again and see that he needs CERTIFIED documents? Then you could have saved your post, since "the internet" and "Microsoft Office" will both not give any certified documents...

Hope you will enjoy reading on ThaiVisa and next time reply after having carefully read what is asked for.

Welcome to your first post on ThaiVisa.

Can I recommend to you that you read the OP´s post again and see that he needs CERTIFIED documents? Then you could have saved your post, since "the internet" and "Microsoft Office" will both not give any certified documents...

Hope you will enjoy reading on ThaiVisa and next time reply after having carefully read what is asked for.

oooooooooooops-not a good start on his first TV experience rolleyes.gif

• 3 years later...