D S I Turns To Facebook To Catch Illegal Foreigners In Phuket

webfact

With the loss of revenue coming straight from the Thai workers pockets and not just bypassing the tax system of a wealthy country, i can see how the Thai's are alarmed and doing something about it.

I am so glad the Thai system is not one of Taxation and tariffs. The great potential of foreigners squeezing out locals and diverting Thai funds out of the country is a real danger.

Mexico's #1 revenue is the billions of dollars sent from the good ole USA. At least the foreigners illegally here or not can't get welfare and medical and food stamps and fake disabilities etc.,

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The great potential of foreigners squeezing out locals and diverting Thai funds out of the country is a real danger.

yeah right! the favourite pastime of foreigners, especially us retirees or those having Thai families have nothing else in mind then "squeezing out locals and diverting Thai funds out of the country".

shake hands with your fellow genius DSI Deputy Director-general Yanapol Yungyuen laugh.png

• Like 1

DSI is the intelligence agency of Thailand and they only strategy they think about when it comes to illegal workers in this country is to open a facebook page and send the photos of those working without a work permit. A 5 years old child playing detective games would have taught about such a weak and stupid strategy.

Dear DSI, it is not written in the foreigner's faces that they are working illegally in your country. You want to make a change, do your job. Find the foreigners potentially working illegally in this country, investigate and put them in custody, as simple as that.

Reading this article confirm one thing, those working in the intelligence agency in Phuket are newbies trying to impress low IQ citizen saying they do something BIG when in reality, it's nothing more than a child game. Besides, opening this facebook page will show people you are working a little bit at least.

Soon he'd have us wearing yellow stars on our clothing to show we are legal. Maybe he will also push to have us all live in the same neighborhood too.

In Thailand we don`t need yellow stars to help point us out in the crowd.

The only people who should have concerns about making guest appearances on this new proposed facebook site, are those bending and breaking the laws.

I think it`s a brilliant idea and if this scheme proves to be a success, then it makes the situation better for those who are living legally and abiding by the laws here.

I hope the authorities extend this scheme to include those using Thais to front they’re property, land and farm ownerships and dodgy business practices nationwide, not only in Phuket.

• Like 1

I think the solution is simple. Ban foriegners. That will teach those low life scum farang that are "stealing income and work." whistling.gif

Or consider my brainstorm...Thailand should just assign an immigration policeman to each foreigner in the country. With the police beside you 24/7, all their fears will be resolved. I'm hoping to get a pretty immigration lady assigned to me. One with that snarling frown they..... oops!! sorry..., I mean "smile" they carry so well.

Well I live in the country...

The Thai farmers and business men I know, brag about not paying tax/vat at all.

Even though the Thai business people have a turnover more than the 1,8 mill Bath after which they are required to pat vat.

I guess the DSI have a reason why they turn our attention to this silly story.

N.B

I have a work-permit :-)

Edited by Muggi1968

Good move ! Bye bye Russian !

The only problem is that the Russians have plenty of cash to ensure a long-lived, profitable business in LOS. They even have enough to import prostitutes and keep THEM from being arrested/deported. Arghh.

I think that if this goes forward it will most likely be the people who are actually providing an honest, good servcie (artists, teachers, musicians, climbing guides, etc) BUT don't have cash to pay people off, who get kicked out. Big money sex-tourism joints that are staffed/enslaved with illegals, stick around - this is a government who is ready to shoot itself in the foot for a few baht.

Good move ! Bye bye Russian !

The only problem is that the Russians have plenty of cash to ensure a long-lived, profitable business in LOS. They even have enough to import prostitutes and keep THEM from being arrested/deported. Arghh.

I think that if this goes forward it will most likely be the people who are actually providing an honest, good servcie (artists, teachers, musicians, climbing guides, etc) BUT don't have cash to pay people off, who get kicked out. Big money sex-tourism joints that are staffed/enslaved with illegals, stick around - this is a government who is ready to shoot itself in the foot for a few baht.

In this case I totally agree.

These are extreme double standards and if the authorities intend to implement and enforce they`re restrictions on what they consider as being illegally owned or run businesses and illegal foreign workers, than they must assume a policy that it`s all or nothing, rather than turn a blind eye when it suits them because it maybe bad for business, otherwise all this can be construed as hypocrisy in a way that the police are not simply enforcing the law, but they`re motives are in fact to try and eradicate business opposition.

Edited by Beetlejuice

People around the world, but especially here, think they have somehow gone up in status by having a FB page...yet social media is just advertising yourself for everyone to see and for sure the long arm of the law, your exgirlfriends, ex-wives, tax collectors ect are looking through before they leave the office. We are just blindly making the people who want to find us, or know about us, all that much more easier...people in Thailand, and probably around the world think they are so smart because they are posted for all to see and comment on. I just don't get it-why?

When people ask me, do you have a FB page, which lately has been more often than I care to count; I say why would I want to be posted on a stupid site, how does it benefit me?

Coz it's good for the process of pulling quality tottie and getting inside info on others if need be - pretty useful if you're into that sort of thing.

Agree that the content is mostly garbage though.

‘Help us target illegal foreign firms in Phuket’ – DSI

This is against Facebook Terms:

"You will not use Facebook to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory"

There is more to read on Facebook but I'd be surprised Facebook to caution such a page.

Edited by sunray69

Quote: “I hear that tourism can generate a great deal of income for Thailand, but in fact, very little of that money from tourism goes to Thais. The money paid upfront in countries abroad never enters Thailand,” he told those at the meeting."

No, the money paid upfront in countries abroad, gives clients access to free hotel accommodation, transport, food and all that comes with a holiday for free, in Thailand.

For your info: "it is used to pay for all of the above IN Thailand"

​duhh !!

Before using that email address, think seriously about 'karma'.

Amazing Thailand.....even the police use hotmail as official communications. smile.png

and I wonder if the 911 in the address is a code showing attitude..

Edited by harrry

DSI should use facebook for ALL sorts of crimes. This sort of witch hunting attitude explains once more what lies behind Phuket Thai smiles, Ka, Krap, waais and uelcaaaam: nothing but greed and racism. This article should not surprise at all any Expat who has been living in Phuket for at least 12 months. Mr DSI Deputy Director-general Yungyuen, here is a video for you. Farangs committing a crime getting into an illegal taxi. Pretty close to those on a visa run bus trip to Ranong who were jailed for overstaying after police blocked the bus en route.

DSI should use facebook for ALL sorts of crimes. This sort of witch hunting attitude explains once more what lies behind Phuket Thai smiles, Ka, Krap, waais and uelcaaaam: nothing but greed and racism. This article should not surprise at all any Expat who has been living in Phuket for at least 12 months. Mr DSI Deputy Director-general Yungyuen, here is a video for you. Farangs committing a crime getting into an illegal taxi. Pretty close to those on a visa run bus trip to Ranong who were jailed for overstaying after police blocked the bus en route.

Sorry Yungyuen, have problem uploading the video. What a missed chance I gave you ....

I have decided to start my own facebook page: ThaiPOlice&GovernmentOfficialsBeingBozos

It will have pictures of people asking for bribes, breaking traffic regulations, having pillion passengers without helmets, not wearing helmets themselves etc. Will have to give up my day job to administer it though... there will be so much work.

whistling.gif